NFL Draft 2023 Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
#FunFacts

Will Levis is older than Trey Lance, who is entering his third NFL season.

That said, Levis has more than 100 passes thrown in the last two seasons than Trey Lance has in the last eight years combined. Lol

Last edited:
Is Moody an especially good field goal kicker?

either way, Few positions in the NFL are proven to be more valuable than the kicker. So much riding in such a thankless position. How many super bowls won by the kicker? They must’ve really liked him and likely got word that he wouldn’t be available for their next pick

Is Moody an especially good field goal kicker?

either way, Few positions in the NFL are proven to be more valuable than the kicker. So much riding in such a thankless position. How many super bowls won by the kicker? They must’ve really liked him and likely got word that he wouldn’t be available for their next pick
He was a great kicker. Don't forget, he played for former 9er coach... Jim Harbaugh. Automatic and plus he has a good leg

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Moody is really good. Also... Robbie Gould is 40 and one of the most expensive players in the league at his position. I think Shana-Lynch took Wishnowsky in the third too didn't they? He hasn't exactly been elite but getting a 10 year starter in the 3rd round isn't a bad deal. Kickers score points too. The safety from Penn State they got at pick 87 looks good to me. They also got a backup TE. For a team that had no picks in the first two rounds and very few open spots on the depth chart I think they're doing fine so far. Still need an OT and a LB though.

hrdboild

Staff member
Interestingly, the Niners signed OT Joey Fisher as an UDFA. Mel Kiper had him going to SF at pick #99 in his mock draft so maybe we can forget about the whole picking a kicker at #99 thing now?

hrdboild

Staff member
I’ve been calling this since they signed Darnold.

Darnold was a third overall pick himself. If he outplays Trey Lance and gets us wins until Purdy is ready to return then we still came out ahead. I don't care about how many picks we gave up to get Lance. Lynch and Shanahan have swung and missed on most of their first and second round picks with the Niners and we still have a roster stuffed with Pro Bowlers and we're in contention almost every year. That's all that matters in the end.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Niners signing veteran quarterback Brandon Allen (nfl.com)

Allen spent the last three seasons in Cincinnati helping mentor Joe Burrow. A former sixth-round pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2016, Allen has bounced around, spending time with the Los Angeles Rams (2017-2018) and making three starts with the Denver Broncos in 2019 before landing in Cincy, where he started six games over the three seasons.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Sam Darnold hype machine is rolling! On KNBR Maiocco said he “Might be the most talented thrower of footballs the 49ers have ever had.”

Trey Area is DOA. Dude’s the third stringer this season.

The Sam Darnold hype machine is rolling! On KNBR Maiocco said he “Might be the most talented thrower of footballs the 49ers have ever had.”

That’s nonsense lol

Darnold is a bust and he’s already had a second try with the Panthers… he sucked. Trey will be fine

I mean, I think he's been dead.

Darnold got 4.5 mil guaranteed. I don't think he signs with us or we give him that much unless we told him that he'll got a shot to compete for the job, or he'll be the first guy in line if Purdy isn't ready for the regular season.

My guess is once we have some sort of timetable on Purdy, we'll ship off Lance. The benefit we DO have is I think you still get a team to spend a 2nd on him, just because we aren't totally sure he's bad yet. Been more bad-luck why he hasn't played yet.

That’s nonsense lol

Darnold is a bust and he’s already had a second try with the Panthers… he sucked. Trey will be fine
eventually guys get ruined, but let’s see how he does on a team that isn’t a complete joke before we make the bust label official.