NFL 2023-2024 Thread

If the 49ers were gonna pick a WR, pick Leggette......bungled. Go for the best receiver left on the board. They go for what looks like a possession receiver at 1st round.....Pearsal may have been availabe the late 2nd round even. Good receiver but as one pundit noted - "a luxory pick"

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the one of the best possible endorsements of Pearsall. Stroud is such a football savant. I'm a huge fan of that kid. The Texans got a monster quarterback with an amazing combination of tools, smarts, and feel. He knows ball and he knows players.

I haven't followed college football or the draft much this year so I don't know much about Pearsall, but Stroud's reaction means a lot to me.

This is the one of the best possible endorsements of Pearsall. Stroud is such a football savant. I'm a huge fan of that kid. The Texans got a monster quarterback with an amazing combination of tools, smarts, and feel. He knows ball and he knows players.

I haven't followed college football or the draft much this year so I don't know much about Pearsall, but Stroud's reaction means a lot to me.
Yeah but "49ers4lyfe420blazeit" on Twitter said we reached and screwed up the pick! Who cares what one of the best QBa on earth thinks?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but "49ers4lyfe420blazeit" on Twitter said we reached and screwed up the pick! Who cares what one of the best QBa on earth thinks?
I can't criticize too much. Eons ago I was that same way. Despite never being a huge college football watcher I'd read up on the draft, look at consensus mocks and then be all upset that the Niners went a different direction than I thought they should.

I feel like I have a pretty strong handle on NBA prospects and the draft and I'm still wrong a bunch.

I don't know why I would get so worked up about the NFL draft when I knew so much less about the players being drafted. Dunning–Kruger effect maybe? Either way I look at all the picks now as interesting but meaningless until training camp and the season roll around.

Still not entirely sold on the WR. I know a lot of pundits and also Stroud is hype for him, but why didn’t that translate to draft boards and mocks? We’ll see. Cautiously optimistic.

hype about the CB and OL. At least going for need!

Now we need Jerry’s, TO’s, and Gore’s sons. Who cares about that pesky need anymore.