[NEWS] Vlade Divac Named Vice President of Basketball & Franchise Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SacramentoKings

But it IS Vlade. We had "the other former non-King player in a vague role"...Chris Mullin. I think a lot of us are seeing this new appointment as a step in the right direction, and hopefully away from Mullin's interference.
You can't compare the two. Mullin whether you like him or not might have a vague role but he has experience working in a front office dating back to 2004 so he does bring experience to the table. Vlade has no FO experience (scout doesn't count) on an NBA team. It was a move to appease the fans.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The way I see it.... definitely an appeasement move, a pretty transparent one at that.

Buuuuuut.... That doesn't mean good things can't come of it.

Heck, maybe I'm just a sucker for Vlade... I dunno, but I'm willing to wait this one out before hating on the FO.

Well.... I'll still hate on Vivek and co, but just for other reasons. :p

You can't compare the two. Mullin whether you like him or not might have a vague role but he has experience working in a front office dating back to 2004 so he does bring experience to the table. Vlade has no FO experience (scout doesn't count) on an NBA team. It was a move to appease the fans.
doesn't vlade own partizan belgrade?

You are correct. IMO what it comes down to was Mullin successful as GM of the GSW? I say no, so his experience over there is actually a negative. Vlade is an unknown, but is a great guy with a good basketball mind.

Its all in front of Vlade:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I suggest you do some research on what Vlade has been doing since he retired from the NBA. Other than that, I'll just agree that we vehemently disagree.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Discussion of today's article by Voisin about dissension in the front office has been given its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.