[NEWS] Matt Barnes to turn himself in for brawl (split)

Oh poopoo, it might mean Richardson gets more PT...or maybe Joerger will just decide to give Temple and Afflalo 40mins.
Not only Richardson, but maybe Skal as well as Barnes was getting some PF minutes (or did that stop?) Probably just see more of Tolliver though which is OK as long as he's hitting his shots.

Not only Richardson, but maybe Skal as well as Barnes was getting some PF minutes (or did that stop?) Probably just see more of Tolliver though which is OK as long as he's hitting his shots.
Yea Barnes played PF minutes too. I don't think Skal sees any minutes. He's just too physically raw to get PT. I think WCS will get a lot more minutes. I'm thinking 28-30mins?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys...turning yourself in to a misdemeanor like this after months of negotiation by your lawyer hardly means he's going straight to the big house.

In all liklihood he'll turn himself in, then be immediately released. This road trip always loomed as the logical time for him to be able to do this without disruption to his job with the Kings. My guess is that he'll play in Philly and then miss the Rockets game as he heads to NY to get this done while we head down to Houston for what was likely a loss anyway. Then its 3 days off until Phoenix at home.

And the league won't move on any suspension until the case is actually resolved, which given the backlog in NY courts could take a while. Besides which the norm is of course to cop a plea.

Only then would the league step in with any possible suspension, and frankly given my guess that after all this Matt likely won't be back with the team next year, it all may not be our problem, aside from more media black eyes.

He's just talking to the police, he is not being arrested for a misdemeanor.

As far as suspension, don't expect anything like that until this case is settled.

Yeah, actual jail time is doubtful even if he's convicted of this, which could take months. It's another embarrassing distraction for the organization though.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Guys...turning yourself in to a misdemeanor like this after months of negotiation by your lawyer hardly means he's going straight to the big house.

In all liklihood he'll turn himself in, then be immediately released. This road trip always loomed as the logical time for him to be able to do this without disruption to his job with the Kings. My guess is that he'll play in Philly and then miss the Rockets game as he heads to NY to get this done while we head down to Houston for what was likely a loss anyway. Then its 3 days off until Phoenix at home.

And the league won't move on any suspension until the case is actually resolved, which given the backlog in NY courts could take a while. Besides which the norm is of course to cop a plea.

Only then would the league step in with any possible suspension, and frankly given my guess that after all this Matt likely won't be back with the team next year, it all may not be our problem, aside from more media black eyes.
Curse you and your reasoned position from actual knowledge! We have a narrative to push here and you are in the way! I am sure this means that Skal will have to start at the 3 slot and the season is over...

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Oh yeah Mr. know it all. You think your an attorney or something? :rolleyes: