New look feedback

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good move making this it's own thread. Was there a heads up this was incoming that I missed?
Not really. It was something Jeremy had been wanting to do for quite a while and he finally got the time to do it. :)

It's got a few things yet to be ironed out and there are certain to be some items we need to get used to - private messages are now called "conversations" - but all in all I think we'll be satisfied.

If you notice a glitch or can't find something, be sure and let us know.

If the home page could default to showing recent activity like it did before that would be awesome. Not sure what category the "Hey Kings fans! It's time for roll call!" falls under or why that is featured. The sides of the pages would look nice in back to help better highlight the posts section and not blur it all together soo much instead of the greyish/off white it is now (and also to match the header background).

As Capt. said too I would love a purple colored theme/ability to toggle it.

Not really. It had been something Jeremy had been wanting to do for quite a while and he finally got the time to do it. :)

It's got a few things yet to be ironed out and there are certain to be some items we need to get used to - private messages are now called "conversations" - but all in all I think we'll be satisfied.

If you notice a glitch or can't find something, be sure and let us know.
This appears to be an upgraded forum, so I bet a lot of the slowdowns during busy times will be much improved.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I like it. Similar layout to other forums I've been on. People complain during a switch but come around to appreciate the change. Still needs a little work but I prefer this layout.

Good choice imo.

ew...

I'm sorry, but ew...

Maybe make the subforum and mod bars a darker shade of purple, which would force the text to white or something of that sort.

Everything is so bubbly and egh...

Hoping the banner is temporary and we get some super photoshop pro to really change it up ala the one they have at http://www.mixmakers.net/

I'll get used to it. I'm not sure about the large amount of white space on the board. Maybe a different background color ? Can it be set so the major background is one color but the background behind posts is the white? I think that would look really cool.

Someones putting in good work. The side border is now black and makes it look 100000x better. The quote bubbles now have the purple border and look stellar. The latest posts can be found on the front page.

Only thing I am not sure about is the user avatar background/member name background. A little darker may look nice but I could get used to it how it is. The search field placement seems off but it appears all xenForo's place it this way. Not sure how much web design Jeremy(or whoever is making the changes) does but making the div that contains drop down area from the Home/Forum/Members taller so the search field fit's into that would probably look a lot cleaner. The main page has the month and date to the left (Apr/15) and looks like it needs to be have a few pixels added to the left margin with the background now black.

More smilies could also be fun ;) http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-extended-smilies.906/

It really is looking nice, hope you are having fun updating the page. I always get excited when doing redesigns :)

Somehow the text font looks different to me and I kinda prefer the old font. Surfing on a mobile browser is different as well - the home forum page doesn't show the latest posts in each subforum, but in terms of the individual threads it's better organized and easier to read.

Would like there be some darker colours somewhere ... the page is a little too bright for my liking.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If I'm not allowed to change my board preferences to more than 20 posts per page, or turn avatars back off, I'm going to lose my patience real quick.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No, look at the bottom of your post. You will see your name, it's kinda a grayish color. Next to it, you will see a time stamp. next to the time stamp, you should see 3 links ("Edit" "Delete" "Report")
Nope. I've got the name, the timestamp, and "Report". "Edit" and "Delete" are definitely not there. I've even rolled the mouse over the whole area to see if they were invisible. Nada.

I miss the "TOP" button and haven't found a substitute yet.

My eyesight requires that I increase the size of print by several times which decreases the size of the field greatly. That hides a lot from my vision and, with the new format, I'm doing a lot of searching with not as much success as I would hope for. I'll get better with time and practice.

When I end typing a post, the field in view does not include "Post Reply" button and I have to search in various directions to find it. (Of course it hasn't stopped my posting.

Last edited: