New Kings video series - "Inside the Kingdom"

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hadn't seen this posted but the Kings added this video to the website yesterday:

I always love seeing training camp footage and I like hearing Vlade talk about the team but it's Vivek's quote that is the most important.

First off he absolutely knows the criticism of himself, the team in general and of specific players. The really horrible owners in all sports are the guys that just seem disconnected from reality. That don't seem to hear what the fans and media are saying about their front office's decisions and/or roster. Vivek clearly knows exactly what is being said. He's plugged in. He gets it. And that to me is a HUGE thing.

And what he's saying isn't rah-rah stuff. He sounds legitimately frustrated by the public perception and yet hopeful for this upcoming season, just as most of us are.

Hard to read Boogie's "What we got coach, what we got?" at the very end. Is he prodding Karl? Or has he bought in? This is going to be an interesting season one way or another.

I saw this video this morning and was pretty encouraged as well. I don't know if Vivek has learned some lessons and decided to meddle less or if Vlade is simply a stronger personality then Pete was so the meddling doesn't matter as much but I like the change. The video made it appear that Vlade was really in charge of the team which would be great considering all the issues we read about the previous regime and the competing factions and dissenting voices. It is a propaganda video for all intents and purposes though so I try to keep that in mind.

The "us vs. the world" mentality is something every team tries every year, but they do seem to really believe it, and that can only be a good thing.

I thought Cousins was just goofing off, which could mean nothing but it could also means he's comfortable with coach Karl which would obviously be a good thing.