New court design unveiled.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I like it.

The only thing that's a bit awkward is the Golden 1 logo, which stands out in yellow. Maybe in the future they'll consider changing that to purple (just for the court, not in the rest of their "real-life" advertising) to be a bit less of a sore thumb.

I just dont like the color scheme, my colors are slightly off, is that gray? I dont like the color strip on the side of the jerserys, or the color of the basketball on the court. Im so happy they changed the logo though.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Never thought much of that logo in the bad ole days, my opinion has not changed. Should have used the lion, at least that would have had snap. Be nice if that was not the shade of purple either. That's just...yawn purple. Flat purple. Not dark, or royal, or bright, its clipart purple. Hopefully it looks different on the floor.

Never thought much of that logo in the bad ole days, my opinion has not changed. Should have used the lion, at least that would have had snap. Be nice if that was not the shade of purple either. That's just...yawn purple. Flat purple. Not dark, or royal, or bright, its clipart purple. Hopefully it looks different on the floor.
I agree. The lion should be placed where Arco had those SK secondary logos.

I don't really mind the half court logo. I definitely don't like the Golden 1 logo in yellow with everything else being Kings colors. It doesn't fit at all. They should definitely look into putting that in Kings colors just for the court.

I don't know. I like the logo a lot and the font used for "sacramento.' I never liked purple for the main color for any sports team but it is what it is. I can live with it.

The Golden 1 Credit Union logo needs an update but understandably they will not change their logo company wide because of an NBA arena floor.

I don't know. I like the logo a lot and the font used for "sacramento.' I never liked purple for the main color for any sports team but it is what it is. I can live with it.

The Golden 1 Credit Union logo needs an update but understandably they will not change their logo company wide because of an NBA arena floor.
I think alot of people would be happy with just a color change from yellow to something that matches anything else on the court. There's no need for a company wide change, just something to not look hideous on the court.

My reaction at first was just "meh." But i think that's because I wanted the Lion's head logo so badly.

All in all, i can't complain because it's very clean, and i actually like that the logo is transparent rather than using white. Room for improvement, but certainly not bad.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think alot of people would be happy with just a color change from yellow to something that matches anything else on the court. There's no need for a company wide change, just something to not look hideous on the court.
The problem there is that I am sure the "golden" Golden1 is a major part of their logo's schtick/what makes it original. Kind of like asking Johnny Walker Black Label to instead use a purple label in their advertising.

I would also imagine that however much Golden1 paid for those rights, it paid for with the idea of its advertisng logo precisely jumping/standing out.

Love the new court design, pretty clean and simplistic, I think that the yellow golden logo is adding a bit of a color to the court so it is fine by me.

I hope that the new Kings arena will inspire hope of new beginnings for the Kings squad.

I agree. The lion should be placed where Arco had those SK secondary logos.

It at least would give boogie a sense of where he's exactly at on the court when he's in the post on the left side. Believe it or not, little landmarks like the elbow (or even the 3pt line) gives players a sense of how far they need to shoot. Let's help the big fella out!

I would also prefer the logo (and other marketing collateral) to lean more toward the Lion theme and less toward the incestuous monarch theme.

I'm not entirely in love with this shade of purple, but it's not a bad design. I'm sure the actual court will look much better in person than this picture.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Much like the main non-alternate uniforms, I'm initially unimpressed and just bored by it. Not new. Not "exciting". Just safe and boring.

Maybe it'll look better in action. And who cares, as long as decent basketball is played on it.

The last time they redesigned the court I hated it in drawing form and I don't really like this version. When I saw it on the court however I thought it looked pretty good so I'm hoping for the same here. To be honest though they could play on a dirt court for all I care if it meant they were a good team.