Never-ending idiotic Cousins trade rumors thread

dude12

Hall of Famer
who other than Cousins do other teams covet and are willing to give up good value for?
We traded Bellinelli for a 1st round pick. We have vets on the team that would fetch a pick or young player with upside.

IMO, our best chance at becoming relevant is to keep one of the best players in the world and bank on picking correctly in the draft, continuing to try to land the one FA who can help turn it around. And if the comeback is that we don't develop talent and we can't land FA's who count, then what makes people think we will put it all together by trading Cousins and getting these young players who are not proven at all and draft picks and hope we land a guy of Cousins talent level. That crap makes no sense to me. Might as well count on another decade of losing...the hell with that.

The hardest thing to do after all of these years of losing and instability is to now be patient and trust the process. I choose stability and I like the coach who is in place and I like where the FO is going. People are going nuclear and want fire sales and every loss is treated as another nail in the coffin to trading Cousins. Boogie wants to be here, he may be the only player of his caliber who wants to be in Sacramento.

Here's another way to look at it....lets say a year from now Boogie comes out and says enough is enough. We are screwed. Trade him this year...we are screwed.....and I'm assuming we are getting some of these packages of unproven rookies with upside.

I'm going to choose to be patient. Joerger has come out and said that this is going to be a year and a half process. And I disagree that we don't have young talent in place. Here's an example of what's going on, on my drive to work and listening to Kayte Christenson, she said that WCS had some success last year under Karl becaus ether had like 1 or 2 plays.....lots of freedom on offense. Now he's being asked to perform in a structured offense and he is really struggling getting it. Lots of thinking going on there and when you think you are just a bit slow in performing. That is where we are at with the young guys. I guess we can play our rooks right now but does anyone think they would perform well?

I just think this is a process and its going to take a bit longer than what some fans want...but we are developing the young guys and they are learning. I think we are doing it right. I think trading Cousins is just another move of instability when we need to be stable.

Cauley-Stein looked good on offense in spurts last night because he was doing what I think he's best at - for now anyway - which is screening and then attacking as the roll man and sliding to the hoop on drives to be a dish off target. Those are also the roles that led him to a bit of success at times last season.

We traded Bellinelli for a 1st round pick. We have vets on the team that would fetch a pick or young player with upside.

IMO, our best chance at becoming relevant is to keep one of the best players in the world and bank on picking correctly in the draft, continuing to try to land the one FA who can help turn it around. And if the comeback is that we don't develop talent and we can't land FA's who count, then what makes people think we will put it all together by trading Cousins and getting these young players who are not proven at all and draft picks and hope we land a guy of Cousins talent level. That poopoo makes no sense to me. Might as well count on another decade of losing...the hell with that.

The hardest thing to do after all of these years of losing and instability is to now be patient and trust the process. I choose stability and I like the coach who is in place and I like where the FO is going. People are going nuclear and want fire sales and every loss is treated as another nail in the coffin to trading Cousins. Boogie wants to be here, he may be the only player of his caliber who wants to be in Sacramento.

Here's another way to look at it....lets say a year from now Boogie comes out and says enough is enough. We are screwed. Trade him this year...we are screwed.....and I'm assuming we are getting some of these packages of unproven rookies with upside.

I'm going to choose to be patient. Joerger has come out and said that this is going to be a year and a half process. And I disagree that we don't have young talent in place. Here's an example of what's going on, on my drive to work and listening to Kayte Christenson, she said that WCS had some success last year under Karl becaus ether had like 1 or 2 plays.....lots of freedom on offense. Now he's being asked to perform in a structured offense and he is really struggling getting it. Lots of thinking going on there and when you think you are just a bit slow in performing. That is where we are at with the young guys. I guess we can play our rooks right now but does anyone think they would perform well?

I just think this is a process and its going to take a bit longer than what some fans want...but we are developing the young guys and they are learning. I think we are doing it right. I think trading Cousins is just another move of instability when we need to be stable.
I can totally respect this and I agree with a lot of what you say...but after 30+ years of being a fan and with how the team is currently structured, my patience has grown thin. I look at this team compared to others and feel they are so far behind the 8 ball in terms of where they are at vs where they should be coupled with the roadblocks they will have to face to rectify this.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I can totally respect this and I agree with a lot of what you say...but after 30+ years of being a fan and with how the team is currently structured, my patience has grown thin. I look at this team compared to others and feel they are so far behind the 8 ball in terms of where they are at vs where they should be coupled with the roadblocks they will have to face to rectify this.
And I understand the sentiments for long time Kings fans...I'm one of them. I'm just going to keep rolling with the mindset that we have FO pieces in place, a long term coach in place, and some player pieces in place. I mean we for the biggest piece in place in Cousins....very hard to get that piece.

I think Joerger needs the year and we will see results. I want to give this group the opportunity to develop correctly: WCS, Ben, Malachi, Skal and George P and Bogdanovich. I think Joerger is a hig time winner but he needs some time. We need a big time PG though. That is where I'm at. Collison is a solid backup and an ok starter ....Lawson I like as an off the bench 6th man type. I think going into games though, we tend to lose that battle at that position a lot of times.