[2015] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like either of them, but if I have to go with the lesser of two evils.... I will grudgingly root for Lebron James (even though I am fully aware of just how great he is, still don't like him).

I just can't take Curry seriously, even though he is the greatest shooter the NBA has ever seen.

I don't see how the Warriors' handsy defense and Curry's absurd shooting doesn't win this series going away, regardless of what heroics Lebron pulls.

Unless...... Curry gets an injury. That would change everything. And the way Curry plays (exactly like I correctly predicted the last series) that's distinctly possible.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The last thing I want is an NBA Championship parade in by backyard. If it's not the Kings, no way. Not interested. I find zero joy in all these happy GS fans I'm surrounded by. Yellow GS flags on every 3rd car I see. Yellow banners in shop windows all over. Yellow shirts. Yellow hats. F that. There's so much yellow around here I don't even like the sun anymore. Cle, bring down the hammer on these boys.

So no other choice but to root for Lebron, Kyrie and JR Smith.

Can't believe I just typed that.

i can't see how anyone can hate Steph Curry...

i do understand the sentiment of not wanting all the GSW fans parading around our town, but personally it doesn't bother me, i just look at it as payback for when we were overtaking their arena in the early 2000s. Eventually we will be back to that

Charles Barkley gives love to Warriors but taking the Cavs based on his NBA philosophy.

“I have said the same thing for 20 years,” Barkley said. “I want my teams to go inside/out. You’ve got this dude down here in Houston (Rockets general manager Daryl Morey) talking analytics. But my notion is that I’m not big on jump-shooting teams because of two things: You want to get layups and get dunks, and (put opponents) in foul trouble. That’s just my philosophy. If they (the Warriors) prove me wrong, I’ll admit I was wrong.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article22973355.html#storylink=cpy

It's very close to game time already. I think you all are writing the Cavs off way too soon. Sure Curry is a truly great shooter from the 3-point area. Klay is too, but much less consistent. However, the Cavs have some really great 3-point shooters as well. Kyrie Irving is a phenomenal shooter (and he will play big minutes for sure). JR Smith is a better 3-point shooter than Klay and probably very close to Curry. Then there's a multitude of 3-point shooters after those: Shumpert, Dellavedova, Jones, Miller etc. If Kevin Love was healthy and LeBron could get back to his previous shooting form (as he might just do), you can see how the Cavs can answer from long range against just about any team. In the playoffs the Cavs have shown some superb defense. They keep outrebounding their opponents, which is their modus operandi to win games (offensive rebound, kick out and a 3-pointer). It's also very difficult to dismiss the enormous Finals experience the Cavs have: LeBron, Jones, Miller, Marion, Perkins, Haywood (they all have ring(s)). The Warriors have none to even play in the Finals! Therefore, the Cavs will have a mental advantage that is extremely valuable in the Finals. I have the Cavaliers taking this series.

I think this can be quite an interesting series. I think the Warriors are rightfully favourites. They have more experience as a unit (albeit not at this stage), and they are coming to this series much healthier than the Cavs.
They have also an efficient defence that gets overlooked by the media that prophets the Splash Brothers image and the shooting style lead by Curry.
Cavs on the other hand are injured (Love is out, KI is limited), but they have LeBron - a player I would seldom bet against. They found a new identity as they went through the adversity they faced during the playoff (their defence has been extremely impressive) and their bench stepped up. Thompson is a beast on the boards, where the Cavs demolished the Hawks completely, while JR for example, who the Knicks insisted to throw in in the Shumpert trade, is shooting the lights out and contributes on the boards as well. Wonder what Phil and fans think about that move today...

I believe the Cavs can put a defensive scheme that the Worriors have not yet experienced in the playoff, and if they do they can pull an upset. This has the potential to be a true Disney story, and it will be interesting to see if Cleveland can end the drought. The whole city is probably built on an old Indian burial ground...

Charles Barkley gives love to Warriors but taking the Cavs based on his NBA philosophy.

“I have said the same thing for 20 years,” Barkley said. “I want my teams to go inside/out. You’ve got this dude down here in Houston (Rockets general manager Daryl Morey) talking analytics. But my notion is that I’m not big on jump-shooting teams because of two things: You want to get layups and get dunks, and (put opponents) in foul trouble. That’s just my philosophy. If they (the Warriors) prove me wrong, I’ll admit I was wrong.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article22973355.html#storylink=cpy
i find charles barkley to be an endearing presence amongst national nba commentators. sitting shaq opposite barkley on tnt has actually only further increased my appreciation for barkley. both of them are rather goofy television personalities, but shaq has very little of note to say at any point in any broadcast, whereas charles has useful insight to offer, as well as strong opinions worthy of scrutiny. i even happen to (mostly) share his philosophy about inside-out basketball, but he's put himself in an awkward position here. forget lofty notions of basketball philosophy for a minute; top to bottom, the warriors are simply the better team in these finals. they're more likely to win not because they're the antithesis of traditional styles of play, but because they're a deeper and more talented team on both sides of the ball. it honestly didn't really matter who won the east this year. none of 'em are on the warriors level. i think the cavs will be lucky if they're able to stretch the series to six games...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Look with a scorching hot #1 Warriors at full strength including one of the best if not the best shooters of all time, against a torn up Cavs playing with starters out and others injured it seems it would take a fool to pick the Cavs. That Said I picked them in 5. Almost entirely about intangibles. -> LeBron, extremely physical play, Finals experience, interior play and of course LeBron.

I think people picking the Cavs are buying into East Coast media bias and their penchant for overvaluing superstars over team performance.
Most of the East Coast didn't watch much of the Warriors carve up the entire NBA this season, and are pinning their hopes on one guy to beat an entire deep, defensively-elite team.
Just from the Kings' experiences this season, they looked like they could hang with every team in the league, except the Warriors - the Kings had no chance to beat them, it wasn't even close (avg of 22 points).

I think the Cavs (lack of) depth is going to be exposed fairly quickly in this series, and the Warriors are going to relatively manhandle the Cavs.

Rooting for the Cavs, can't ever count out a team with Lebron on it, especially a team that has multiple players that played in the Finals. Going to be interesting, but the longer this series drags, the worse it will be for the Cavs. If it goes to 7, forget it.

It's incredible how easily this Warrior team erases double digit leads.

Tristan Thompson might end up getting over paid but he really is a elite rebounder.

Iggy needs to spend more time on Lebron. He's kicking everyones ass in the post, but at least Iggy can challenge his dribble a little bit.

That final play of the 4th for Cleveland pretty much ended there chances of winning this series. Tie ball game with 24 seconds to go and you take a guarded fade away 3? I don't care if its LeBron... thats a terrible play that will probably cost them the series. It cost them Irving.

It's too bad the Cavs can't stay healthy. At full strength it would be hard to pick against them.
Not really. Kyrie was great tonight (until he left with like 2 mins left) and LeBron had his best Finals scoring output ever, and they still lost.

and Thompson has been better for them than Love. Is he a better or more talented player? no. Better fit? YES

Not really. Kyrie was great tonight (until he left with like 2 mins left) and LeBron had his best Finals scoring output ever, and they still lost.

and Thompson has been better for them than Love. Is he a better or more talented player? no. Better fit? YES
You know you can play Thompson and Love right? Look at the Cavs bench and explain to me how any kind of big man depth, especially a PF as versatile as Love, doesn't make them a much better team. In the game you just watched Thompson wasn't as active late due to fatigue. A rotation with both Love and Thompson obviously makes the Cavs a better team.

You know you can play Thompson and Love right? Look at the Cavs bench and explain to me how any kind of big man depth, especially a PF as versatile as Love, doesn't make them a much better team. In the game you just watched Thompson wasn't as active late due to fatigue. A rotation with both Love and Thompson obviously makes the Cavs a better team.
Probably true but the Cavs have been playing better without him.

And he wouldn't make the difference in this series, Warriors are still a better team