[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Tetsujin, Mar 1, 2017.

1. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

I thought initially that was a typo...70? on 40 shots, took only 11 three point field goals, made 24 out of 26 FTs and shot 52% overall
  2. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Holy ****ing poopoo Booker. I think he's going to be special.
  3. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Holy poopoo 70
  4. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Although... if I had one of the eleven-highest scoring games in NBA history, and my team still lost by double-digits, I would be heated.
    VF21 and Warhawk like this.
  5. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

I almost feel like he got those points simply because there was no one else on his team capable of scoring. Thanks to Phoenix's blatant tank for (insert guy here) strategy, the second best player on the Suns team that showed up last night was arguably bazillion-year-old Leandro Barbossa.
  6. PHXSUNSFAN

PHXSUNSFAN Member

Not really, he gets to break records and also play with Fultz next season rather than picking up a pointless win now.
  7. Mr. S£im Citrus

1. Which record(s) did he break?
    2. I find the notion that a professional athlete looks at winning and losing that way to be highly dubious.
    Warhawk and VF21 like this.
  8. andjel

andjel Well-Known Member

Phoenix fans should be excited.... but my view of that accomplishment is this: http://deadspin.com/devin-bookers-70-point-game-was-kind-of-a-gimmick-1793637664

Of all scores of 60+, ignoring Wilt who was routinely there, there is only one time in 77-78 season that scorer was playing for the team that was blown away by the opposing team.
    http://www.landofbasketball.com/records/60_or_more_points.htm

From purely scoring perspective, I am more impressed with his three 38-39 point games against Mavs and Spurs this season that this marketing crap.
    VF21 likes this.
  9. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

10. VF21

11. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

Nurkic is going off against his former team. I wonder if he is trying to make a statement? :rolleyes:
  12. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Mike Malone has been a horrific coach at Denver. They need to can him if they want to be a legitimate team. How the hell did it even take Malone 30 games to realize that Jokic was a starting caliber player? Ridiculous. I also don't know how he couldn't find a way to make Jokic-Nurkic work.

Malone is a terrible coach. He might've been able to get through Cousins, but he hasn't done anything as a coach.
  13. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

In 33 minutes he scored 33 pts (on 15 shots), grabbed 16 rbs and blocked 3 shots. Not a bad night.
  14. Mr. S£im Citrus

[​IMG]
  15. Tetsujin

And the Nuggets pretty much gave him away for a Plumlee. Denver also threw in a random first round pick. Soooo great move PDA...
  16. VF21

Good to know that some things never change.
    SLAB likes this.
  17. Mr. S£im Citrus

Man, when Davis and Cousins have it going, it's like the Ernie Ford classic: #OneFistOfIron #TheOtherOfSteel
    Big Cuz 15, SLAB and VF21 like this.
  18. Tetsujin

Welp, the Nuggets have completely imploded and the Blazers just lost Nurk for two weeks.

Had we not traded Cuz, this would have probably been the stretch that propelled the Kings back to the cusp of relevancy for the first time since Ron Ron was Ron Ron.
  19. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

If there was a #Culture playoffs, we'd only trail the Spurs. So there's that.

(I will always be bitter and hold a pill of resentment for this stupid trade, and my method of coping is non stop snark.)
    dude12, Big Cuz 15, Tetsujin and 4 others like this.
  20. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Well that explains a lot.
  21. Mr. S£im Citrus

New Orleans' backs are against the wall, after a home loss to Chicago, despite a combined 56 points and 29 rebounds from Cousins and Davis: Portland can eliminate them from playoff contention with a win against Minnesota tomorrow.
  22. Mr. S£im Citrus

34/12 for Towns, as Minnesota upsets Portland, in a game that the Trailblazers could have eliminated New Orleans from contention. #BigManLove
  23. Mr. S£im Citrus

Interesting bit of trivia pointed out on NBA TV: the Charlotte Hornets are the only current NBA team with five NCAA National Champions (Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, Miles Plumlee, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams).
  24. Big Cuz 15

Big Cuz 15 Well-Known Member

whoa sixers tanking hard tonight!
  25. kingdivac

kingdivac Well-Known Member

This is nice to see - 81 pts though....that's All Star Game scoring. And being the Nets, who knows for the 2nd half.
  26. andjel

andjel Well-Known Member

Bobane Majstore!!!!

Detroit beats Houston in Houston with 27 points in 27 minutes by Boban Marjanovic.
    Great win by Pistons to keep Pelicans in the 10th spot.
  27. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

So Dallas apparently may have Tony Romo "suit up" for their final game. Welcome to the next level of tanking circus.
    VF21 and Tetsujin like this.
  28. andjel

andjel Well-Known Member

Game of the day: Dallas vs Phoenix

Will Booker break 70pt record, will the first team to score win by 2:0, will mascots be allowed to sub, will random 10 folks from the audience end the game, will the record number of TO in the last 2 min be broken ... possibilities are endless.

Must watch with Benny Hill music in the background.
  29. VF21

The game is on the same time as the Kings. I have an obligation this afternoon I simply cannot get out of so looks like I'll have TWO games to watch when I get home.
  30. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

Cleveland was up 26 points at the end of the third quarter and now the game is in overtime....what the 0__0.