[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have a 12 game win streak at home. Wall is playing on a superstar level this season, he is making his three's at a nice clip. Beal is staying healthy so far and Porter & Morris have been nice complimentary pieces around the two. Their bench still needs some work, it's pitiful.
If only the Wiz had a bench guy like Garett Temple
:rolleyes:

K

KingMilz

They also have a 12 game win streak at home. Wall is playing on a superstar level this season, he is making his three's at a nice clip. Beal is staying healthy so far and Porter & Morris have been nice complimentary pieces around the two. Their bench still needs some work, it's pitiful.
Kelly Obrue looks promising imo and so does that Sheldon Mclelan has very good skills.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sixers are winning all of a sudden, winners of 6 out of 8. The Process will be completed by next season with Simmons possibly returning after the all-star break and one more lottery selection to add to that squad. The envy. sigh.

the Sixers with Embiid on the court have a defensive rating of 87 and 109 with him off the court....incredible impact, two way player
The only thing more scary than an athletic giant, who can shoot from everywhere and is incredible mobile for his size, is how much he puts his body on the line. Like I'm always holding my breath when Embiid falls to the floor. Given his injury history the dude is incredibly careless, when he throws himself into traffic or jumps into the seats.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Sixers are winning all of a sudden, winners of 6 out of 8. The Process will be completed by next season with Simmons possibly returning after the all-star break and one more lottery selection to add to that squad. The envy. sigh.
They called Zinger the unicorn but the true Unicorn of the NBA is Embid, also it was stated today the 76ers are taking a long hard look at bringing back Jrue Holiday in the offseason.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only thing more scary than an athletic giant, who can shoot from everywhere and is incredible mobile for his size, is how much he puts his body on the line. Like I'm always holding my breath when Embiid falls to the floor. Given his injury history the dude is incredibly careless, when he throws himself into traffic or jumps into the seats.
I was thinking the same thing and, at least for an instant, thanking the Great God Naismith Embiid wasn't drafted by the Kings. With our luck, a part of me thought, he would have already broken himself into little tiny pieces...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
With time, that will settle I believe. Coaches and front office personnel will make sure of it, I have no doubts. Way too much investment in the guy for him to be so reckless.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They called Zinger the unicorn but the true Unicorn of the NBA is Embid, also it was stated today the 76ers are taking a long hard look at bringing back Jrue Holiday in the offseason.
I don't see it. I call smokescreen. He has been injury prone since he left the Sixers and besides, they will have plenty of PGs to draft in this guard rich draft.

I suppose the difference with them compared to us is that they lost heavily and landed higher picks. In recent times our highest pick was the #4 we used on Tyreke Evans. Outside of him and Cousins #5, our draft position hasn't really left us any real opportunity to land star calibre talent.

Granted hindsight would say we were foolish to pass on Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard in 2011; Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, and Andre Drummond in 2012; CJ McCollum, Steven Adams and Giannis in 2013. But taking hindsight away, our options on draft night based on what the expert's draft boards looked like were clearly different and didn't have those names mentioned as possibilities with our higher draft picks (either that or I didn't see it).

Compare that to the 76ers and they've tanked really hard resulting in some very high draft picks. When you end up with bigs like Embiid (#3), Okafor (#3), and Noel (#6 via trade); a star potential PF prospect in Simmons (#1); and the other talent they've accumulated, the hope is sooner or later they'll come good. In the 76ers case they've been very lucky and landed a potential star or two to build their future roster around. Other high pick draft teams haven't been that lucky, and other teams that have been stuck in rebuilds for what feels like forever haven't been as lucky (though we have at least got one star in Cousins, problem is they've yet to put that supporting cast together to take us from pretender to contender).

It certainly is easy to envy them at this point, they could be very good if their talent continues to develop, which will be exciting for their fans to watch that young team grow up together.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I suppose the difference with them compared to us is that they lost heavily and landed higher picks. In recent times our highest pick was the #4 we used on Tyreke Evans. Outside of him and Cousins #5, our draft position hasn't really left us any real opportunity to land star calibre talent.

Granted hindsight would say we were foolish to pass on Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard in 2011; Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, and Andre Drummond in 2012; CJ McCollum, Steven Adams and Giannis in 2013. But taking hindsight away, our options on draft night based on what the expert's draft boards looked like were clearly different and didn't have those names mentioned as possibilities with our higher draft picks (either that or I didn't see it).

Compare that to the 76ers and they've tanked really hard resulting in some very high draft picks. When you end up with bigs like Embiid (#3), Okafor (#3), and Noel (#6 via trade); a star potential PF prospect in Simmons (#1); and the other talent they've accumulated, the hope is sooner or later they'll come good. In the 76ers case they've been very lucky and landed a potential star or two to build their future roster around. Other high pick draft teams haven't been that lucky, and other teams that have been stuck in rebuilds for what feels like forever haven't been as lucky (though we have at least got one star in Cousins, problem is they've yet to put that supporting cast together to take us from pretender to contender).

It certainly is easy to envy them at this point, they could be very good if their talent continues to develop, which will be exciting for their fans to watch that young team grow up together.
Teams have proven time and time again that you don't need a top 5 pick to land star players. It would be ideal, no doubt, but....there are teams that develop their talent to star players as well. That definitely has something to do with it. Also, the Sixers landing two top 3 three picks and the number one overall pick takes lots of luck and they happened to be lucky enough to have those players be franchise changers. The draft is a crap shoot and you never know who will bust or blossom.

Oh look. Dejounte Murray breaking out with the Spurs. That's fine. You know why? Because Papagiannis, Richardson, and Labissiere semi-broke out in the DLeague.

vs. Denver: 24pts 2asts 2rebs on 7-11 FG, 3-5 3pt, and 7-7 FT.
vs. Cleveland so far: 14pts 4asts 1reb on 7-9 FG.

only 2 games which are premature, but it's not like the Kings desperately needed a PG anyways. It's not like they didn't know Darren Collison would be 29 yearsold and a Free Agent.

The Kings had 3 chances to draft Dejounte Murray, but passed on him all 3 times for god knows why. Maybe because we desperately needed another C. Or maybe because Vlade fell in love with a big March Madness performance. Or maybe Vlade decided he wanted to take on a gigantic project with a player who makes Willie looks like Andre the Giant.

I'm glad Murray is breaking out, but I still have no clue why we didn't draft a PG with one of our 3 draft picks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Oh look. Dejounte Murray breaking out with the Spurs. That's fine. You know why? Because Papagiannis, Richardson, and Labissiere semi-broke out in the DLeague.

vs. Denver: 24pts 2asts 2rebs on 7-11 FG, 3-5 3pt, and 7-7 FT.
vs. Cleveland so far: 14pts 4asts 1reb on 7-9 FG.

only 2 games which are premature, but it's not like the Kings desperately needed a PG anyways. It's not like they didn't know Darren Collison would be 29 yearsold and a Free Agent.

The Kings had 3 chances to draft Dejounte Murray, but passed on him all 3 times for god knows why. Maybe because we desperately needed another C. Or maybe because Vlade fell in love with a big March Madness performance. Or maybe Vlade decided he wanted to take on a gigantic project with a player who makes Willie looks like Andre the Giant.

I'm glad Murray is breaking out, but I still have no clue why we didn't draft a PG with one of our 3 draft picks.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. We know very well he wouldn't of played much anyway, just like the current rookies we drafted. Also, the Spurs will develop him into a productive player, if he were drafted here, his career path would head more towards a McLemore or Douby path and then the Kings would trade him within two or three seasons because in their eyes, rookies have to develop within a two year window or it's time to dispose of them.

It's generally good to give the source for stuff like this. ;)
I know and apologize. I see neat user made content on Reddit sometimes and like to share. Its not from any official web sites. Thought my "food for thought" would be seen as a kind of disclaimer. :) I don't link to the Reddit threads due to the language disparities sometimes (often) seen elsewhere.

I picked up a real handy Chrome extension that gives box scores in the same manner. Not sure if anyone would be interested.

Ingram with the -45.:D

We suck like usual, but at least I can take some solace in the Lakers fans getting some comeuppance this decade. Two terrible contracts in Mozgov and Deng, and they could lose their pick this year plus a 2019 unprotected. Crazy scenario would be if we won the lottery this year and bumped the Lakers out of the top 3.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Don't look now but the Sixers can win without Embiid too, at least versus the Clippers. Okafor sat out too. Noel stuffed the stat sheet, Andrei Kirilenko like.

Status
Not open for further replies.