[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Mavs are playing fairly well of late but I'm not so sure how good a team can be when it's three best players are Harrison Barnes, Yogi Farrell, and Wes Matthews post-achilles explosion.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wish Virgin Airlines had space travel. I'd start a GoFundMe account just so poor Mr. Irving could go far enough into space to see the curvature of the Earth. Can you imagine what the media would have done with this if one of our guys had said it? :confused: :p o_O

I wish Virgin Airlines had space travel. I'd start a GoFundMe account just so poor Mr. Irving could go far enough into space to see the curvature of the Earth. Can you imagine what the media would have done with this if one of our guys had said it? :confused: :p o_O
To make things even more comical, Draymond went on record to say it's possible that it's flat.... you can't make this stuff up!

Cousins was all set to move to semi-final NBA all star skills challenge when this happened! Cuz ball clearly headed for swish at very end of the 3 pt shot finale when P0rzingis ball split second behind collided with it at the rim - both clanging. Porzingis then quickly launched another shot to win, move on. Are we not jinxed no matter what we do:(
Porzingis went on to win the competition.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/h...ing-believes-the-earth-is-flat-222937229.html

Kyrie Irving believes the Earth is flat. This qualifies as news, right?
To make things even more comical, Draymond went on record to say it's possible that it's flat.... you can't make this stuff up!
o_O

we live in an age of alternative facts and personalized realities, where you can safely and comfortably believe whatever the f*** you want, regardless of what the disciplined study of math and science reveals to us, or, in the case of "flat-earthers," what the simple observation of the curvature in the horizon line should reveal to us. and this is no longer a "kids these days" kind of complaint; it's a growing problem that defies and transcends age, gender, and ethnicity. as a teacher of critical thinking, i've had students that span generations all succumb to the temptation of confirmation bias, which would be a correctable error if they were willing to pursue a course of fact-checking and cross-reference. often, they're not. it pains me that a technology as profoundly transformative as the internet has not democratized the spread of knowledge, but instead has fractured the receipt of information into millions of cozy little echo chambers. anyway, my apologies for the sidebar. soapbox dismounted.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
o_O

we live in an age of alternative facts and personalized realities, where you can safely and comfortably believe whatever the f*** you want, regardless of what the disciplined study of math and science reveals to us, or, in the case of "flat-earthers," what the simple observation of the curvature in the horizon line should reveal to us. and this is no longer a "kids these days" kind of complaint; it's a growing problem that defies and transcends age, gender, and ethnicity. as a teacher of critical thinking, i've had students that span generations all succumb to the temptation of confirmation bias, which would be a correctable error if they were willing to pursue a course of fact-checking and cross-reference. often, they're not. it pains me that a technology as profoundly transformative as the internet has not democratized the spread of knowledge, but instead has fractured the receipt of information into millions of cozy little echo chambers. anyway, my apologies for the sidebar. soapbox dismounted.
Sounds like it's time for me to watch Idiocracy again... and shudder in horror.

o_O

Very well said.

Quite the eloquent post.

Former NBA first-round pick Jimmer Fredette scored 73 points Sunday night as his Shanghai Sharks lost in double-overtime on the road to the Zhejiang Guangsha Lions in the Chinese Basketball Association. Fredette’s 73 points are the fourth most in a single game in the CBA, behind Errick McCollum (82), Quincy Douby (75) and Bobby Brown (74). It’s also a high for the team and for himself.
– via ESPN

Just thought it was funny that 3 out of the 4 were former kings at one point in their careers. We sure can scout those cba players :p

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, word on the street is that Mitch Kupchak has been fired, and Jim Buss has been relieved of his duty, in large part because Jim Buss rejected the Kings' trade proposal of Cousins to the gd lakers, without clearing it with, or even notifying, his sister Jeannie.

Damn! You know that the Kings made a bad trade, when the trade was so bad, they're getting other GM's fired, for not trying harder to fleece 'em!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, word on the street is that Mitch Kupchak has been fired, and Jim Buss has been relieved of his duty, in large part because Jim Buss rejected the Kings' trade proposal of Cousins to the gd lakers, without clearing it with, or even notifying, his sister Jeannie.

Damn! You know that the Kings made a bad trade, when the trade was so bad, they're getting other GM's fired, for not trying harder to fleece 'em!
Damn, you beat me to the punch. Jeannie Buss broke up with Phil Jackson recently so I guess she's totally cleaning house. I honestly didn't realize she had more power than her brother ... good to see.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Magic Hours
That happened fast. Less than three weeks after Jeanie Buss introduced Magic Johnson as her new advisor, she fired her brother Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak (plus longtime PR guru John Black). Magic is now the president of basketball operations, and he's hiring Rob Pelinka as the team's new GM. Pelinka was Kobe Bryant's agent and currently represents several stars, including James Harden. (He has to disentangle himself from those clients before taking the reins.)

This was one of the swifter, most bloodless coups we've ever seen in the NBA, especially for such a high-profile franchise. This is THE LAKERS, and in less than a month a NBA legend was pulled in and elevated to full control on the basketball side. Magic was on ESPN's NBA Shootaround last week!

Magic didn't waste much time either, trading Lou Williams for Corey Brewer and an unprotected first-round pick. That signals that whatever concerns we have about Jeanie and Magic's belief in Lakers exceptionalism, the new boss understands this season is a lost cause.

---------------------------------------
from the SB Nation Good Morning It's Basketball daily email

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
More likely the Kings would have gotten Kent "Dapmaster" Bazemore... You know, since Ranadivé probably remembers him from his Golden State days.

Lakers' Rookie Ivica Zubac scored 17pts the other night:
==
Nice kid. Has a smoking hot GF and his minutes and role are increasing. Life is GOOD. I love America!

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 37m37 minutes ago
Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

So does this mean if the ASG had been held in Atlanta we might have been able to get Spliiter?
Don't understand Philly doing this. Ilyasova was playing really well for them and they already have too many bigs. Guess we'll have to see what happens with Okafor

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ben Simmons's foot problem appears to be much worse than the Sixers insisted. Not going to play at all this season.

Between his foot and Embiid seemingly teetering on the edge of shattering into a million pieces, the Sixers are in a much more precarious position than most up-and-coming teams

Ben Simmons's foot problem appears to be much worse than the Sixers insisted. Not going to play at all this season.

Between his foot and Embiid seemingly teetering on the edge of shattering into a million pieces, the Sixers are in a much more precarious position than most up-and-coming teams
Considering that Embiid seems to be confused by the depiction of his injury by team, it just might be the annual Philly's "grab the best pick" game.

It is sort of funny (if you are not Philly fan), how they went from having too many C's (Embiid, Noel, Okafor) to being left with the least desirable one that was the preferred trade bait (Okafor).
Noel for two second rounders is not too far from the Cuz trade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Per Woj; The Pelicans just signed Jarrett Jack to a 10-day deal.

I imagine playing with BoogieBrow is going to open a lot of wide open threes for him. good situation to land in for any shooter.
That's a lowkey great signing for the Pelicans, if Jack can still play.

Status
Not open for further replies.