[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's been an impressive run by the Heat. Dragic, in particular, has been on a tear. Could you imagine if we had actually pulled off that Collison and Gay for Dragic deal that the Kings were rumored to have rejected?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m15 minutes ago

The teams have NOT yet signed off on the trade but the latest talks have NOLA shipping Alexis Ajinca and a future first for Jahlil Okafor.
Sounds like the holdup is on the protection & the year of the pick. Pelicans are hoping to keep it lottery protected and/or in 2018 while Philly is looking for a top 5-10 protected 1st in 2017.

There have also been reports about the Pelicans potentially including Holiday into the mix (Philly was interested in signing him in the offseason). If they were able to acquire Holiday, the Pelicans 2018 1st, and have the Lakers 2017 pick slip out of the top 3, they could be looking at a team like this next year:

PG - Holiday / McConnell
SG - Monk / Stauskas / Bayless
SF - Isaac / Covington / Luwawu
PF - Simmons / Saric / Holmes
C - Embiid / Noel
* PHI '18 1st & NOP '18 1st

That can be a pretty dangerous team.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Will somebody please save the Pelicans from themselves? Anthony Davis is wasted on that team while they flutter around throwing away picks and accomplishing nothing.

Sounds like the holdup is on the protection & the year of the pick. Pelicans are hoping to keep it lottery protected and/or in 2018 while Philly is looking for a top 5-10 protected 1st in 2017.

There have also been reports about the Pelicans potentially including Holiday into the mix (Philly was interested in signing him in the offseason). If they were able to acquire Holiday, the Pelicans 2018 1st, and have the Lakers 2017 pick slip out of the top 3, they could be looking at a team like this next year:

PG - Holiday / McConnell
SG - Monk / Stauskas / Bayless
SF - Isaac / Covington / Luwawu
PF - Simmons / Saric / Holmes
C - Embiid / Noel
* PHI '18 1st & NOP '18 1st

That can be a pretty dangerous team.
Come on! Okafor has nowhere near enough value to fetch Holiday or even Pels 2017 first-rounder. There was speculation that Sixers think of targeting Jrue in the summer though.

P.S. So in Nuggets-Mavs Devin Harris had pretty open path to the basket, but still gave up the ball to Seth, who was standing in the corner. So what's a more efficient shot: Harris' non-contested layup or Seth's wide open corner 3? :)

Sources: Pels have been pursuing larger deals for center w/ 2 hopes: Trading '18 first-rounder (not '17 w/ loaded draft) and unloading Asik.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) February 6, 2017
This sounds like it might be true.

Another note: I'm sure nobody would've traded Kings' first in 2014, that became Stauskas, for Otto Porter, coming off of abysmal injury-shortened rookie season. Porter is competing with the King right now and is still on a rookie contract. Young players take time to evolve.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
game of the year just concluded in DC. Incredible game. Clutch shots after clutch shots. I hope they match up in the post season. Would be one for the ages if this is any indication. Wizards should of won this when Bron fouled out...17 home game losing streak over. Let's start another one! :)

Come on! Okafor has nowhere near enough value to fetch Holiday or even Pels 2017 first-rounder. There was speculation that Sixers think of targeting Jrue in the summer though.

P.S. So in Nuggets-Mavs Devin Harris had pretty open path to the basket, but still gave up the ball to Seth, who was standing in the corner. So what's a more efficient shot: Harris' non-contested layup or Seth's wide open corner 3? :)
What? Stein & Woj have been reporting it. Don't question me. Question them...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's nice to see that the Kings are no longer in sole position as the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. The Knicks & Bulls would like a say in this.

the Heat meanwhile continue their win streak at 12 now. No Waiters, no problem tonight.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's nice to see that the Kings are no longer in sole position as the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. The Knicks & Bulls would like a say in this.

the Heat meanwhile continue their win streak at 12 now. No Waiters, no problem tonight.
A testament to the winning machine that is Pat Riley and Spoelstra's system.

I bet, no one thought losing Waiters would be a detriment to an NBA team until couple of weeks ago!:D
Miami plays with the same attitude and intensity, we saw from Kings tonight, only they bring it on every time and are more talented, than the team Kings put on the floor this evening.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You might want to evaluate this statement
The Cavs just signed him to a 10-day contract. Sure he was never going to live up to being the number 2 pick, he was maddingly inconsistent, but there are worse players. I don't quite understand why he's joke status.

& If he's good enough for their roster, he's good enough for ours. Especially over Afflalo.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
is it really that though? they were 11-30 at one point for a reason. They are playing way over their heads right now getting contributions from James Johnson & Tyler Johnson, while Whiteside & Dragic continue to do their thing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Cavs just signed him to a 10-day contract. Sure he was never going to live up to being the number 2 pick, he was maddingly inconsistent, but there are worse players. I don't quite understand why he's joke status.

& If he's good enough for their roster, he's good enough for ours. Especially over Afflalo.
Perhaps having his rebounding prowess compared to a coke machine might have something to do with it.

"You shouldn't be playing 20 minutes a game and not get a rebound. I mean, the Coke machine can get a rebound some nights," Karl told reporters - Williams being the only player with such a stat line in the game. "Sometimes we have guys play 20, 25 minutes and don't get a rebound, and I don't understand that."

Status
Not open for further replies.