[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pelicans putting a whoopin' on them Hawks....bout time they lost a game. It hurts watching Tyreke and Jimmer contribute for New Orleans to a winning record...just another example of what happens to players that leave the Kings and go elsewhere.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Hawks continue to handle their business regardless of the opponent. They are what I call a shooting deluxe team...jumpshots galore. I remember two Texas teams winning championships by being a shooting deluxe team so who knows what can happen come April, May & June. In other news, I've been paying attention to Evans' stats and the more I see him contribute like this on a Pelicans team with a winning record...the more I hurt inside every day. It's disgusting the amount of talent that's left this team the last couple of seasons with not much to show for.

the Hawks continue to handle their business regardless of the opponent. They are what I call a shooting deluxe team...jumpshots galore. I remember two Texas teams winning championships by being a shooting deluxe team so who knows what can happen come April, May & June. In other news, I've been paying attention to Evans' stats and the more I see him contribute like this on a Pelicans team with a winning record...the more I hurt inside every day. It's disgusting the amount of talent that's left this team the last couple of seasons with not much to show for.
the Hawks are probably the most surprising team this year! For me at least...Kyle Korver on pace for the best shooting season in NBA history! I cant wait for the playoffs!

That Mike Scott has appeared out of nowhere to become a super solid player for the Hawks. Any chance the Hawks are willing to trade Korver to us for Stauskus? Stauskus is a great shooter!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That Mike Scott has appeared out of nowhere to become a super solid player for the Hawks. Any chance the Hawks are willing to trade Korver to us for Stauskus? Stauskus is a great shooter!
I'd only make that move if they throw in their coaching staff as well. Fair is fair so I'd give them Ty Corbin.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Lavine killed it though. He made 4 technical dunks with ease. Only two retakes. Frankly all the retakes is why the dunk contest has become unwatchable from the glory days of the 80s. I just wish he would have had competition.

whats with the commentators talking over the contest. i thought it messed w/ some of the 3 point contestants. they don't need to hear all that crap.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can some longer tenured NBA Fan tell me, what kind of a player Dave DeBusschere was ? Unfortunately I'm way to young... Thank you !
He was selected as one of the 50 best and is in the Hall of Fame.

Here's part of his write-up from Wikipedia:

DeBusschere was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1983 after a 12-year career (1962–1974) in which he averaged 16.1 points and 11 rebounds while being named to eight NBA All-Star teams. He became a member of the NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time Team in 1996. He was renowned for his physical style of play and tenacious defense, and he was named to the NBA All-Defensive first team six times

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, Quincy Miller has now signed a 10-day contract with the Detroit Pistons. I'll be interested in seeing if he gets enough playing time to assess whether or not his time on the Reno Bighorns did his career any good at all.

I swear people around here were claiming Trob was a valuable rotation player for Portland.

Now he's reached the "we will pay to go away" point of his career.

To think both Trob and Boogie were picked 5th.

Not your finest hour Petrie.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I swear people around here were claiming Trob was a valuable rotation player for Portland.

Now he's reached the "we will pay to go away" point of his career.

To think both Trob and Boogie were picked 5th.

Not your finest hour Petrie.
I just don't get all the angst about where someone was drafted. Every year there are players drafted early who never live up to their potential. Derrick Williams is a case in point, as is the vaunted Greg Oden. There are also players drafted late in the second round or not drafted at all who end up with nice careers in the NBA.

The draft is a crapshoot. It's the ultimate roll of the dice on a player who may or may not end up being worth even his initial rookie contract.

I just don't get all the angst about where someone was drafted. Every year there are players drafted early who never live up to their potential. Derrick Williams is a case in point, as is the vaunted Greg Oden. There are also players drafted late in the second round or not drafted at all who end up with nice careers in the NBA.

The draft is a crapshoot. It's the ultimate roll of the dice on a player who may or may not end up being worth even his initial rookie contract.
And I just don't get the relevancy of your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.