[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Boogie having a monster game. Good for him. I had the unfortunate luck of having Grant's show on when he was ranting against DMC the other day, and he said crap like Boogie's already making them worse, they'll get rid of him by mid season, and "HELL NO" they won't resign him.

Shut that red headed demon up.

Stanley Johnson with a horrific statline.
40minutes 0-13 2 pts 4rebs 4stls 1ast

a player getting paid 131 million provided the Pels with a solid 4 points. Suns looked atrocious for their home opener.
What a horrible extension. I'm confident he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that asking price in the open market.

I watched 1/2 the game. Johnson played nice D, but he's horrible on offense. As a prospect on offense, I expected him to be exactly where Jaylen Brown is. If Harris wasn't making all of those shots, I doubt Johnson would've been playing 40mins.

I'll always have high hopes for him because I liked him a lot coming out of Arizona, but I don't think he has the quickness to score effectively in the NBA at SF. He needs to start working on that jumpshot. His base and landing is one of the ugliest in the NBA.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I watched 1/2 the game. Johnson played nice D, but he's horrible on offense. As a prospect on offense, I expected him to be exactly where Jaylen Brown is. If Harris wasn't making all of those shots, I doubt Johnson would've been playing 40mins.

I'll always have high hopes for him because I liked him a lot coming out of Arizona, but I don't think he has the quickness to score effectively in the NBA at SF. He needs to start working on that jumpshot. His base and landing is one of the ugliest in the NBA.
I totally agree about his jumper. Every time I see him play it somehow looks even funkier than the last time which doesn't make sense for a professional player with presumably all the time and resources available to improve. I don't see quickness being a problem though. He's getting good looks but they're never going to fall unless he cleans up his shooting motion. It kills me to see such a talented player shoot himself in the foot (so to speak) over and over again offensively with such an easily identifiable flaw.

I mainly just wanted to point out that the stats don't tell nearly the whole story. Obviously nobody is going to last long with shooting performances like that no matter what else they do well but there's a reason so many people think so highly of him as a player. And his team did get the win because of their strong team defense. Personally I'll take a poor shooter with no question about his effort, preparation, and intelligence on the defensive end and hope that I can straighten him out because you need two way players to win and we've seen over and over again that a great shooter who doesn't play defense is never going to play defense no matter how many hall of fame coaches chew them out over it. At least there's some hope that the right coach and enough reps can turn a terrible shooter into merely a decent one.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Having watched a bit of the Bulls and Raptors game.....we are definitely better than Chicago. Justin Holiday is a major chucker. I'll say Markannen will be their best player by the end of the year. Granted they have some guys out with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.