[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Crazy how he's made generational wealth without knowing how to play basketball. Why on earth did Detroit pay him after showing absolutely no growth here, who were they bidding against?
just goes to show that basketball is and will remain in favor for those who are genetically tall and/or lengthy compared to the undersized players who need to have at least one elite skill that translates and has to work his tail off twice as much as the taller player

In unrelated news, some scouting reports were transferred back to the Knicks.

Also, in other unrelated news, Vegas reports a large uptick in people betting on the Pistons for their game against the Raptors.

Interesting. Better haul than I expected for OG without a contract but I suppose the Knicks would be confident they can keep him. Achiuwa is a big one too.

I guess it’s a better package than HB/or Huerter and Davion with “draft considerations” so atleast it’s not one of those things like last years deadline where a bunch of quality targets were going for second rounders

Expecting a Siakam trade, he is the odd one out on that team. How much would he garner on the market considering he is an expiring contract?
Siakam was always going to be the tougher of the two to trade, so it's telling that Toronto got Anunoby out the door more than a month before the trade deadline. They surely don't want to lose Siakam for nothing, so with Anunoby gone, now they've declared their intentions and they have a bit of runway to work with so they can find an acceptable return for Siakam. Obviously, they would have been much better off if they had moved both these guys before their contract years, but now Masai has to salvage things, and I think he did fairly well in the Anunoby trade, all things considered. Curious to see what Siakam garners on the trade market.

Detroit has a chance to win leading at the half. If they would keep Killian Hayes 9n the bench, the chances increase. Dude is terrible
Looks like they're finally getting a win here and i hope they will. I don't want anything to do with them possibly playing us on this horrific streak

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, let me see if I have this right: the Pistons are in the midst of an historic losing streak, and hours before their best chance for a win in a month, their opponent trades their third-best player?

Sounds like some phone calls were made...

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
On the behalf of whichever 100% healthy, fully-rostered team actually loses to the Pistons first, I would like to thank the Toronto Raptors.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this is a solid get for the Raps, OG will be a free agent and unlikely to return due to his desire to be more of a focal point on offense, meanwhile, its a nice experiment phase for the Knicks and you know with Thibs demanding defensive effort, this could be a win win type of trade, should OG remain a Knick after July 1st

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
also have to comment about the streak ending, finally. Cade remains a solid prospect, no need to trade him off just because fans believe that this stench will ruin him, it still could of course but you take the risk

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It’s a second round pick so basically a first in a fairly weak draft. IQ is a stud though. What does this mean for Siakam?
it means he's next. question is to who. I wouldn't mind seeing Orlando throw a bid out there, they have plenty of youth to send back, which is what Masai is looking for. Golden State could be a potential dark horse, one or two of Kuminga, Podz, Moses, Jackson-Davis as a starter

it means he's next. question is to who. I wouldn't mind seeing Orlando throw a bid out there, they have plenty of youth to send back, which is what Masai is looking for. Golden State could be a potential dark horse, one or two of Kuminga, Podz, Moses, Jackson-Davis as a starter
Orlando has two star forwards, don’t see that as a fit. Golden state is interesting. They could do CP3, Moody and a pick. Don’t think the raptors would want JK. Don’t really love his fit in the lineup though. Indiana could offer Buddy, TJ and a pick. Atlanta was my prediction earlier but now that the Raptors are set at forward and pg id imagine they are looking for a shooting guard. Maybe KVon looks more appealing than Buddy with his age and better contract

Orlando has two star forwards, don’t see that as a fit. Golden state is interesting. They could do CP3, Moody and a pick. Don’t think the raptors would want JK. Don’t really love his fit in the lineup though. Indiana could offer Buddy, TJ and a pick. Atlanta was my prediction earlier but now that the Raptors are set at forward and pg id imagine they are looking for a shooting guard. Maybe KVon looks more appealing than Buddy with his age and better contract
Kvon squeezed between IQ and Barnes would look pretty dang solid there. I'm guessing their plan is to keep Barrett though, since he's signed long-term. So would they want to go IQ-Kvon-RJ-Scottie-Poeltl? Pretty balanced if you ask me.

Kvon squeezed between IQ and Barnes would look pretty dang solid there. I'm guessing their plan is to keep Barrett though, since he's signed long-term. So would they want to go IQ-Kvon-RJ-Scottie-Poeltl? Pretty balanced if you ask me.
yeh I do wonder what the ceiling of that team is though. Maybe Barnes becomes a superstar but it’s still a pretty big maybe at this point. They should have cap space this summer but the class isn’t great. I guess they are really banking on a breakout from iq. I also wonder if they pulled the trigger on this trade so early to see how Siakam and the team looks with more balance just in case it really works out. Hard to say

yeh I do wonder what the ceiling of that team is though. Maybe Barnes becomes a superstar but it’s still a pretty big maybe at this point. They should have cap space this summer but the class isn’t great. I guess they are really banking on a breakout from iq. I also wonder if they pulled the trigger on this trade so early to see how Siakam and the team looks with more balance just in case it really works out. Hard to say
I don't think they'll have cap because IQ is going to get a huge extension. Part of the reason the Knicks did this is to balance out their roster as they can't really afford a $100 mil contract to IQ with Brunson/DDV on the docket.

Honestly, Scottie Barnes is already a star and should get a serious look for an all-star nod this season. After faltering a bit last year, he's been incredible this season with a huge leap as a shooter/scorer and offensive focal point. Analytics are really going to like him and IQ as an offensive duo.

Barnes has the making though. It's the "offense through such and such, other than a PG". Seems we came up with that with the Webber and Vlade days, then all of a sudden it goes away for a while and then we get all these position players other than PG handing out 5-9 apg. Seems to be the way the league is, at least for the next few years. Hali needs a player like Sabonis to work with him. You have successful teams implementing this two way offense. Tatum/Holiday - Embiid/Maxey - Brunson/Randle - Antetokounmpo/Lillard/Middleton - Adebayo/Lowry - Murray/Jokic - Sabonis/Fox/Monk .............And so on... I have never seen so many non-PGs in the top 20 assist wise. It's all about the 3pt shot, and players other than the PG being able to run the offense as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.