NBA.com Summer Grading of Kings (Come laugh at SHC)

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2010/kings/

I disagree that the frontcourt is a bigger issue than the backcourt at this point, but this error is especially glaring for a guy who covered the kings not so long ago:

Optimism surrounds Cousins because a lot of teams had him rated as the second-best talent in the draft, behind only John Wall. It's all about his motor. He's part of the transition of an entire team, but the Kings should be improved after finishing with the worst record in the league. They have something to look forward to again.

-- Scott Howard-Cooper
Seriously Scott? Were you drunk?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Am I missing something? How do 5 grades of C+ or better (B, 2 B-, and 2 C+) give a final grade of C-???

And how do the Kings get a C- overall with all the moves at bolstering the frontcourt, the weakest part of the team?

For laughs, look at Minny. 2 C's, 2 D's and a B and they get a C?

Something strange going on. Something's wrong.

Let me get this straight... we erased our biggest problem of the last several years, acquired a #5 pick who probably should have been top 3 and a 2nd round pick that could have been top 15 and at the same time secured financial stability for the next several season... yet somehow we managed to have the worst off season of every single team in the league. RIGHT...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That was pretty bad. And oddly so from SHC too as actually last year I thought he was more in tune with what was going on around here than he had been at any time since he was a Bee writer.

i think he meant we didnt have the worst record in the league, but we had the worst record in sacramento last year. or one could say we had the worst team in the nba named the sacramento kings. whereas i see it as we have the best team in the nba named the kings ;)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
i think he meant we didnt have the worst record in the league, but we had the worst record in sacramento last year. or one could say we had the worst team in the nba named the sacramento kings. whereas i see it as we have the best team in the nba named the kings ;)
Ahh okay, I got cha now, thanks for clearing that up or atleast trying to. Let's hope this year we have a decent Sacramento Kings team and not a "horrible" one ey

Cousins will be dominant while he's in the game and not tired. I agree with the question of motor. As a UK fan, I'd say he was good for 25 strong minutes last year and hopefully much more next.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
See how ridiculous homerisms look when other people do it? ;)

My favorite part:
Coaching
I've always liked Paul Westphal more than most (He MADE Charles Barkeley and Kevin Johnson in 1993! Okay, kidding.), but come on now. Don Nelson is a coaching legend for good reason. These guys played hard for him at the end of last season and he has a special bond with some of the key players on the Dubs.

Haters will hate, but that's another story for another time folks.

Real Kings of Cali Coaching: GSW