National TV BABY!!!

Just got a text from the Kings saying we have been selected to play on ESPN on Dec, 16th against the Washington Wizards!

People are starting to notice this is a fun team!

ESPN to Televise Kings-Wizards Game on Dec. 16
at ARCO Arena; Tip-Off Moved to 7:30 p.m.
-- Fans can see the new young Kings live and help showcase Sacramento’s great home-court advantage to a live national audience --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SACRAMENTO, CA, December 4, 2009 ---- The young, exciting Sacramento Kings will be showcased on national television on Dec. 16, as the NBA announced today ESPN will air the Kings-Wizards game live from ARCO Arena.

Due to ESPN picking up the game, tip-off will now be at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/espn_televise_kings_vs_wizards_2009_12_04.html

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Just got a text from the Kings saying we have been selected to play on ESPN on Dec, 16th against the Washington Wizards!

People are starting to notice this is a fun team!

Now that's what I'm talkin about. Woohoo!

Okay, get everybody you know out to ARCO that night. We don't want to be showing off a half empty arena.

K

Kingsguy881

I just saw that. About time. Kings vs. Wizards baby.

Do you think any of this has to do with the 'Western Conference Rookie of the Month'????

Kings @ Spurs

I just noticed here in Australia, next Wednesday they are showing the Kings v Spurs on ESPN. I think that's the first time the Kings have been on ESPN in Australia in a couple of seasons.:D

YES!!!!

Now I can see a Kings game against a non-LA team. Now that's what I'm talking about.

On a side note, I went to a restaurant/bar last night in Playa Del Rey with a buddy who is a die hard Laker fan. Makes for some good S*** talking. Anyway, we walk in, and one of the TVs is showing a Kings game. I'm pretty stoked and parlay for the optimal viewing spot. Then I thought...wait, the Kings aren't playing today. So, I take a closer look and there's Steve Nash in a Dallas Uniform. Uh oh. That's right, it was that playoff game. The end of Webb's knee and the end of those Kings.

Sad:(

YES!!!!

Now I can see a Kings game against a non-LA team. Now that's what I'm talking about.

On a side note, I went to a restaurant/bar last night in Playa Del Rey with a buddy who is a die hard Laker fan. Makes for some good S*** talking. Anyway, we walk in, and one of the TVs is showing a Kings game. I'm pretty stoked and parlay for the optimal viewing spot. Then I thought...wait, the Kings aren't playing today. So, I take a closer look and there's Steve Nash in a Dallas Uniform. Uh oh. That's right, it was that playoff game. The end of Webb's knee and the end of those Kings.

Sad:(
Last night NBATV showed the Kings vs Dallas but it wasn't THAT game. It was Game 4 of the 2002 Western Conference Semifinals.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is that thing I've said before -- there is no huge West Coast/East Coast bias thing for recognition, no huge small market/big market (or only a little one). Here's what the "national media" needs to take note and pay attention: an exciting team, and a star to market things around. That's it. All of a sudden we have both, and they of course don't want to be left behind and miss out in case Reke becomes a big star in the league. So they are going to take us out on a little test run. Hopefully we play a good game.

Should also be noted that this is again why making a trade for reinforcements this season really does have apeal -- we have this unmistable momentum building here. We're waking up and people are taking note. But if we fall back again the only thing that will keep is in the spotlight is Reke's ROY chase. There is a strike now while the iron is hot aspect to all of this. Make a move, build on the new excitement, try to make a push back inot the national consciousness.

Last edited:
Woooohooooo! We are getting noticed again. :) Weeknights are hard for me, but I'm going to that game. I'll do my part to fill up the arena. I'll tape the game, too. :D

Last night NBATV showed the Kings vs Dallas but it wasn't THAT game. It was Game 4 of the 2002 Western Conference Semifinals.
Thanks.

There was some drinking involved, so I wasn't quite sure but it's Dallas + Sac in the playoffs and I expected the worse. I guess that makes me feel a little better. Still would have been nice to see a LIVE Kings game though.

Holy crap, great news!!:) Ladies and gentleman the rest of the world knows we exist again! Even though we wont be there in person, my wife, kid and I will be watching at home on a channel other than Comcast for once! ;)

K

Kingsguy881

Woooohooooo! We are getting noticed again. :) Weeknights are hard for me, but I'm going to that game. I'll do my part to fill up the arena. I'll tape the game, too. :D
I wonder if that will be the first sell out of the season????

K

Kingsguy881

It would be the 2nd...we sold out our home opener with the help of the mayor and local business people.
Naw, I mean a REAL sellout, no groups of empty seats, the THUNDER back, camera shots from the upper corners showing thousands and thousands of cheering Kings fans. THAT kind of sellout.

This is good news. I like it. Motivation for the players to continue to hustle and work hard too. Go kings. I hear the banwagons coming back

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I might catch this one as well. Couple guys from work that don't attend Kings games agreed to go if I would go to a Stockton Thunder game too - of course I said yes. :D Now we just have to find a date that works for us and I am pushing this game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Get on board now, ladies and gentlemen. Claim your seat, buckle up and get ready to enjoy the ride. And I emphasize ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

GO KINGS!!!

Naw, I mean a REAL sellout, no groups of empty seats, the THUNDER back, camera shots from the upper corners showing thousands and thousands of cheering Kings fans. THAT kind of sellout.
I gotcha...I think its a definite possibility...I think we may see TWO sellouts this month with the Lakers coming to town. Welcome back Kobe!!!:D