Moreland makes the squad, Stockton waived

gunks

Hall of Famer
Easy decision. Dude had an impact.

Hopefully he actually gets some PT this season, as I think he is a better choice at PF than Acy as far as bench bigs go.

Best of luck to Stockton. He might still find a niche if he bulks up a bit. But alas, he'll always be short.

Nice! Moreland is a more sensible choice for this team. He's a perfect insurance policy big. He also seems like a player that makes practices more competitive. Now the first unit team has to be aware of where Moreland is during every scrimmage.

Last edited:
this tells me Vlade values size and shot blocking...now we just have to see if he will actually get any playing time or just warm the bench
definitely thought this would be the case with Vlade our GM. He took a liking to WCS over talented guards/wings and its clear he values athletic, shot blocking big men which IMO is a welcome change.

From the forum directory, all I saw of the thread title was "Kings waive stockton , Moreland" and was about to be upset. Glad we kept Moreland around to see if we have a true diamond in the rough. He's earned it, IMO.

Not really much of a decision here. The real story is what happens between Moreland and acy.

Feel for Stock as we just had way too much depth at PF for him to r a ally be in consideration, but I think he'll get a shot somewhere. He can run an NBA offense and there just aren't many guys who can. It just a matter if a team will put up with the other significant hurdles that come with him

WHAT. THE. F.

THEY WAIVED JR. STOCK for MORELAND???????! POOR TALENT EVALUATION!

JK. Right move. The previous regime valued coaches sons, former players sons quite a bit (stockton jr, raymac, timmy hardaway jr). May not be as talented as their parents but still high on their analytics evaluation. Thank god we have someone with some brains in the FO this time around.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It was the right decision talent-wise. That being said, its all on Seth Curry to become the third string point guard.
Well, its not like Stockton was that either, so not much lost. And more importantly, its such a low grade position that if it ever became important it is one that you can pick up Stockton/possibly Curry level guys at at any point in the season.

Moreland's a good investment. Solid decision. Stockton's easily replaceable, though I wouldn't mind him playing another season in Reno just to keep an eye on his development. But if somebody else gives him an NBA opportunity, good for him.

K

KingMilz

Good to see Moreland get a shot, I love guys that go out and play hard and that's exactly what this guy has done since I first saw him at the Summer League 2 years ago, hoping he develops into a solid 4th big man for us.

Super glad we kept Moreland over sockton.

the 3rd point guard should be Seth curry. He has better size and shooting than stock.

I wouldn't mind keeping stock in Reno to see if he can develop, but he's way too small to be an impact player.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I expect to see Stockton in Reno, unless he gets an offer he can't refuse from Europe. Moreland might actually be useful at some point in the season since we only have three bigs at the center/PF position. Plus, Moreland appears to have NBA talent and potential, along with the size to play his normal position at PF. I wish Stockton well, and suggest that he try his best to put on 10 to 15 pounds of muscle. It's neither his height or his talent that's holding him back, it's his frail looking body. I, and probably dammed few, think it will stand up to the daily rigors of the NBA.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I hereby petition that we change David Stockton's name to Bob Smith. I trust at that point not one person will continue wasting their time talking about Mr. Smith as an NBAer and he can fade off into obscurity in peace.