MLB post-season

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
My Indians are playing great team ball. If a middle reliever/closer can be the teams MVP then Miller certainly is.
Just out of curiosity, I've noticed in your last three posts in this thread that you kept reverting the Indians as "My Indians" rather than one time, having to reiterate the notion that you are a Indians fan all of a sudden and that you weren't before? How long you been a fan?, if you don't mind my asking of course.

Just out of curiosity, I've noticed in your last three posts in this thread that you kept reverting the Indians as "My Indians" rather than one time, having to reiterate the notion that you are a Indians fan all of a sudden and that you weren't before? How long you been a fan?, if you don't mind my asking of course.
I was born in 1987 and didn't pay attention to baseball until I was about 8 years old. At that time, Manny Ramirez, Kenny Lofton, Jim Thome, etc... were fun to watch. Also, I've always been the type of fan that sticks with a team through thick and thin. So through the fun years and the terrible years, I've been a Cleveland Indians fan. Same with the Kings. Everybody around Kentucky was a Jordan and the Bulls fan but I somehow got hooked on watching Mitch Richmond and became a Kings fan and have stuck ever since.

My Indians are playing great team ball. If a middle reliever/closer can be the teams MVP then Miller certainly is.
Giants fans are left to wonder how different the season could have been if the Giants had gotten Miller. We didn't have the minor league prospects of some other teams, but rumor was the Yankees asked for Joe Panic and Sabean/Evans said no.

I was born in 1987 and didn't pay attention to baseball until I was about 8 years old. At that time, Manny Ramirez, Kenny Lofton, Jim Thome, etc... were fun to watch. Also, I've always been the type of fan that sticks with a team through thick and thin. So through the fun years and the terrible years, I've been a Cleveland Indians fan. Same with the Kings. Everybody around Kentucky was a Jordan and the Bulls fan but I somehow got hooked on watching Mitch Richmond and became a Kings fan and have stuck ever since.
Those Indians teams from the mid to late nineties were a lot of fun to watch. They had a ridiculously stacked lineup, and don't forget Omar Vizquel, one of the greatest defensive SS to ever play.

Those Indians teams from the mid to late nineties were a lot of fun to watch. They had a ridiculously stacked lineup, and don't forget Omar Vizquel, one of the greatest defensive SS to ever play.
I always tell people that the Marlins beating the Indians in 1997 is one of the biggest upsets of my lifetime.

I always tell people that the Marlins beating the Indians in 1997 is one of the biggest upsets of my lifetime.
Yeah, I remember that Jose Mesa blown save in Game 7...what a gut punch that must have been for you. Hope you guys get it this time...I remember the 2002 WS being incredibly painful for us Giants fans, and then watching Brian Wilson close out the WS in 2010...that was an all time high for me as a sports fan, it would only be eclipsed by the Kings winning a title.

Yeah, I remember that Jose Mesa blown save in Game 7...what a gut punch that must have been for you. Hope you guys get it this time...I remember the 2002 WS being incredibly painful for us Giants fans, and then watching Brian Wilson close out the WS in 2010...that was an all time high for me as a sports fan, it would only be eclipsed by the Kings winning a title.
Same for me. The Kings cone 1st in my sports-heart

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Same for me. The Kings cone 1st in my sports-heart
Agreed. Unfortunately I think it's necessary to be a fan of another sports club, not necessarily meaning NBA, just to ease the pain of the misery the Kings provide us. Maybe at least with the other teams they will win a championship in our lifetimes, for all we know...we can be the NBA version of the long suffering Cubs fans with over a century of no championships to show for.

As a long time suffering Cubs fan at 63 and also a long time suffering Kings Fan I can only hope this potential appearance in the Series
and a championship could also signal a change in our beloved Kings team and start a new winning era of Kings Basketball here!!

Goooo Cubs !!!! Goooo Kings !!!!

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I think all baseball fans are rooting for the Cubs at least a little bit, regardless of their other loyalties. The Cubs Curse is a legend almost as old as baseball and if they can win it all, that means we all can. :)

When Cleveland Indians who last won World Series 1948 get lead after 5 innings lights out frightening. One devastating name: Andrew Miller. Still, very talented across the board Chicago Cubs gut it out in 7 games to win it all.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Cubs and thank you for knocking out the Dodgers.

I like both teams, but I say Cleveland in six just because everyone is going for the Cubs and the Indians have a pretty long title drought of their own. Just thankful we didn't get a Red Sox-Dodgers WS...yuck.

upload_2016-10-23_7-39-43.png
Hey Hey !!!!!!!

Many Summers watching My cubs in the sixties Ernie Banks hitting the Home Runs and Jack calling the play
Hey Hey once again

Well, at least they got to see the Cubs in a WS and win at least one game. It had been since the 1940's.

Also, I think this team will be contending for a while. Really young core and Theo is as good as any GM around...I think they'll be back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not bad. I return to watching baseball and the series goes to game 7. Yes, I'm taking credit.

If there's any karma in the universe, Cleveland will lose the series after being up 3-1.