Mirza Teletovic

OK, yes, I know, I know. He's Bosnian. I'm Bosnian. But that's not the only reason I bring him up. He's a consistent shooter who has transitioned into the NBA well. He's a stretch four and could allow JT to play backup center (or he could come off the bench and provide some much-needed scoring). Consistent 3-PT shooter (37% in his career) and he can also take defender off the dribble. Not bad at rebounding for a stretch four (five a game). Also, he has some Play-Off experience as well. MT3 is also a good locker guy, so he wouldn't be sticking out negatively.

He's in the final year of his contract and is only at $3.3 mill right now, although I doubt the Nets trade for him atm. Maybe we could pick him up as a FA in 2015 or offer the Nets something good? He'd be better than Kirlenko, who others brought up previously, imo.

He would be a good pickup at his current price. Average-above average defender, shoots well and has range. Also has post game, if you stick smaller guy on him. Started driving more this year on closeouts. In other words a true rotational player for any team.

i like him, but i'm not sure he can replace thompson. off the bench we'd be looking at a mirza-landry front court. one of them will be out of position. still, i'd rather he be on the court than derrick williams.

think we could do something like

jarrett jack + mirza for derrick williams?

Last edited:
i like him, but i'm not sure he can replace thompson. off the bench we'd be looking at a mirza-landry front court. one of them will be out of position. still, i'd rather he be on the court than derrick williams.

I really think Mirza has been to good thus far for them to ship him just to unload Jack (not bad himself but on a high price) i would try and make that same deal with AK instead of Mirza.

I was thinking that if we made a trade for him, Landry may be one of the pieces involved. The Nets would definitely like an experienced vet who's spent time in the postseason in return.