Milos Teodosic (split from PG thread)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know Vlade loves the European players (especially those from Serbia) but, if the Kings signed Milos, they could potentially rock an all international player starting lineup this season.

Kosta/Papa (Greece/Bedrock)
Skal (Haiti)
Bogdan (Serbia)
Buddy (Haiti)
Milos (Serbia)

I don't remember this ever happening before.
Spurs motto...without a Duncan, Parker or Ginobili.

In my opinion, signing Miloš and drafting PG at #10 (Ntilikina) would be a perfect scenario for Kings. And at #8, drafting Isaac or Tatum if left. Signing Miloš could make a SF/PF position primary at this draft. However, i believe Teodosić isn't able to play more than 25,30 minutes, so.... for example, 28 minutes for Teodosić and 20 for Ntilikina, isn't it more than enough for 19 year-old-rookie? And then in few years, Ntilikina could take over starting PG position.

Meanwhile, no doubt Miloš will help a lot developing our bigs, and i really hope Miloš could continue throwing backdoor passes to Buddy (just like with De Colo), which will lead to Buddy's another offensive weapon.

The only problem is if Miloš wants to play with Play-offs (or more) conteders, i'm not sure if we can offer him that at start. But we have Serbian connection, playing time and money. Lets hope :D

dude12

Hall of Famer
If he comes over on a reasonable contract at a reasonable length, I would be ok with it. His age, 30, is not that ideal for this young team unless the Kings think they can make a quick turnaround. Agree with the others that it is imperative that Sac drafts a PG in this draft. The long term answer is in this draft. We can't pass up on a PG again.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I know Vlade loves the European players (especially those from Serbia) but, if the Kings signed Milos, they could potentially rock an all international player starting lineup this season.

Skal (Haiti)
Bogdan (Serbia)
Buddy (Haiti)
Milos (Serbia)

Just for accuracy Buddy is from the Bahamas not Haiti

Just for fun:

If we were to end up with Ntilikina, and we bring over Teodosic, then I wouldn't mind bringing back Lawson as our backup, and let Ntilikina play in the G-League for most of the year, or until the powers that be think he's ready.
I think that if the Kings land Teodosic and draft a point guard top 10, that may end the chances of bringing back Lawson and/or Collison. Galloway would be the likely 3rd point guard at that point.

They better not leave a PG on the table because they want Teodosic. I'm ok with signing him but not at the expense of missing out on a PG in this draft.

There always has to be some weird crap surrounding this team that defies common sense. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bringing in a vet pg is consistent with Divac's 2-year time frame, not turning the keys over to a project point guard. This would make sense, especially if Milos is open to tutoring a young point guard along the way. I do wonder, however, about the motivation of a 30-year old player who wants to play for an NBA bottom dweller that is in a youth movement. You would think that such a player would be more amenable to a more veteran team that has a shot at the playoffs in the near term.

Been lurking for quite a while now; this is my first post.

So apparently Teodosic is a no go.
https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/863074247601774592

Also from the same people that said they won't trade DeMarcus Cousins.
I'm okay if the Kings are not interested in Milos, mainly due to his age (30 years old) and where the Kings are in their rebuild.

I think the Kings should draft a point guard in the top 10 and then re-sign one of Lawson (preferably) or Collison, may be preferable because they already have some chemistry with the young players on the team and they have already proven to be good players in the NBA. :)

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Skal (Haiti)
Bogdan (Serbia)
Buddy (Haiti)
Milos (Serbia)

Not positive, but I think the Spurs had an all international lineup at one point. I'll have to go look it up.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
They better not leave a PG on the table because they want Teodosic. I'm ok with signing him but not at the expense of missing out on a PG in this draft.

There always has to be some weird crap surrounding this team that defies common sense. Guess we will see how it plays out.
I love how you make up a scenario, and then use it to criticize the Kings. Well done there!:eek:

Like I said in another thread, it is that time of year. Take everything you hear related to NBA teams with a heaping bowl of salt.

Too much verbal sleight-of-hand to believe anything until the season begins and the curtains are removed. We may or may not be interested in Milos. The phrase kids hate to hear comes to mind:

"We'll see"

I don't see how we can possibly NOT be interested in signing him nor him having 0 interest in signing with us. We don't have a PG on the roster, he has a personal connection to Vlade, he'd immediately step in as our best player and we can pay him more (or as much) as anyone. He can be choosy of course and may just end up staying where he's at as the biggest fish in a little pond, but out situation is about as good as it gets, besides the winning aspect. And if he wants to win, he'll have to sacrifice the contract/playing time/role on the team.

I love how you make up a scenario, and then use it to criticize the Kings. Well done there!:eek:
A week ago you were threatening to leave the board because you didn't like how people were interacting with you on here. But boy, you sure are quick to pull the trigger when you think you can get a dig on someone else. Hypocrite much?

FYI, I got it from the Carmichael Dave blog where he said something about hearing that the Kings may not draft a PG unless a big name falls to them. That they would consider retaining Collison and Lawson while letting Bogdan handle the ball as well.

I don't see how we can possibly NOT be interested in signing him nor him having 0 interest in signing with us. We don't have a PG on the roster, he has a personal connection to Vlade, he'd immediately step in as our best player and we can pay him more (or as much) as anyone. He can be choosy of course and may just end up staying where he's at as the biggest fish in a little pond, but out situation is about as good as it gets, besides the winning aspect. And if he wants to win, he'll have to sacrifice the contract/playing time/role on the team.
We need to "put a ball on a ground" a bit about Miloš quality. :D Best player is little too much for now (but not impossible) in my opinion. We already had cases when great Euroleague players like Spanoulis, Navarro and now Bjelica came into NBA, didn't fit good and went back to Europe after 1,2 seasons. Their problem was undersized for SG position (or in Bjelica case, too weak for PF and too slow for SF), although i think Miloš's playstyle would fit great in NBA ( maybe the best court vision in the world, easily could have 10+ assists). Also, i think he is better option than Collison or Lawson, especially for other young players.

One reason Milos would choose the Kings is that the relationship with Vlade would allow flexibility. A contract could be crafted to allow Milos to return to Europe after one season if the NBA did not work out for some reason. Or he could invoke a player option and stay.

I still would want the Kings to draft a PG and resign Collison. The Rookie is the future, Milos is for now as well as Collison. Collison also has value in a trade if the Rookie explodes on the scene.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
A week ago you were threatening to leave the board because you didn't like how people were interacting with you on here. But boy, you sure are quick to pull the trigger when you think you can get a dig on someone else. Hypocrite much?

FYI, I got it from the Carmichael Dave blog where he said something about hearing that the Kings may not draft a PG unless a big name falls to them. That they would consider retaining Collison and Lawson while letting Bogdan handle the ball as well.
Perhaps, if you had referenced your source there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry if I offended you. By the way, my implied leaving didn't have anything to do with you, or anyone specifically. It had to do with a lot of general blowback that I was getting, not only on the forum, but in PM's as well. I've been on this forum a long time, and it can wear on you after a while. I felt as though my skin was getting a bit thin and perhaps it was time to hang it up.

I've never wanted anything I write on this forum to be about me, and I felt that was starting to happen, at least in my mind, and that it was my fault. It's hard to be objective about one's self, but I do try.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Interesting article on Milos and his intention to play in the NBA.

2016 was my best year. I will go to the NBA for sure, but I still don’t know when, in which club and on what terms. We’ll see. CSKA Moscow certainly has an advantage in the negotiations of a new contract…I like to play and I don’t like to sit on the bench and I would not agree to any contract if I have to sit on the bench. This is my condition for going to the NBA.”

http://fansided.com/2017/01/19/milos-teodosic-i-will-go-to-the-nba-for-sure/

Here's another good article from a European writer:
http://ballineurope.com/milos-teodosic-the-nba-and-everything-else-5845/

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Interesting article on Milos and his intention to play in the NBA.

2016 was my best year. I will go to the NBA for sure, but I still don’t know when, in which club and on what terms. We’ll see. CSKA Moscow certainly has an advantage in the negotiations of a new contract…I like to play and I don’t like to sit on the bench and I would not agree to any contract if I have to sit on the bench. This is my condition for going to the NBA.”
That's one argument in favor of Teodosic considering the Kings, that's for sure. Though, of course, the oft-rumored Nets would also fit that bill quite nicely.

Unless we jump up in the lottery, I suspect that we won't be able to find a PG that is ready to be the starter from day one at a reasonably high level. We probably need a 2-3 year stopgap in that case, and I suppose that Teodosic is as good or better than any other we're likely to find. Could Teodosic be the starter for the next Kings team that is a true contender? Probably not - we're probably a good four years out from being able to truly contend and by that time Teodosic will probably be on the downswing due to age. But could we benefit from a hot-passing veteran PG as we develop our kids? Yeah, I bet we could. So I'd be perfectly happy if we signed him. But if we don't I'm not going to panic.