Mike Conley

My first thought after the Kings did not draft Wade Baldwin at #13 during the draft was that Rajon Rondo would be re-signed on July 1st.

The more I think about it, I think there may be a good chance that the Kings and new Coach Dave Joeger can convince Mike Conley to come to Sacramento.

Of course the Kings would have to give him the max over 4 years, but I have a gut feeling that the Kings may be able to sign Conley.

Here is an article discussing the possibility:

http://www.hofmag.com/nba-rumors-me...rger-demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings/151014

The biggest suitor for his services was Memphis (who looks like they are in a rebuilding mode, with Randolph in decline and Gasol coming off a major injury and owners famous for penny pinching. Memphis also just drafted his replacement in Wade Baldwin in the draft).

New York is the other team and they just traded for PG Derrick Rose. Dallas is a mess with Dirk in decline, Chandler a Free Agent and Wes Matthews not the player he once was. New Jersey and Philadelphia both a hot mess and years away from the playoffs.

Conley's best years were the last 3 with Joeger as his coach. He also has a relationship with Rudy and KK from their Memphis years.

If the Kings could sign Conley and sign a mid level Shooting Guard (i.e. Gerald Henderson or Eric Gordon) to start until the kids (Richardson or Brodjan is ready), the Kings would become a strong Playoff contending team.

PF: WCS / Guariditis / Skal
SF: Gay / Casspi
C DMC/ KK / Big Papa
SG: Henderson / McClemore / Richardson
PG: Conley / Collison / I.Cousins or Curry

Last edited:
Whitey on the rise guys said today that he had inside info that Conley wasn't coming to sac. Looks like rondo is the only real option at this point.

I don't think that article is based off of any sources. Just the fact that we hired Joerger.

I read he's interested in the Spurs and Mavericks. I really wish we could get him but I doubt it'll happen.

I don't think that article is based off of any sources. Just the fact that we hired Joerger.

I read he's interested in the Spurs and Mavericks. I really wish we could get him but I doubt it'll happen.
The Mavs basically only have Wes Matthews under contract for next year.

Conley would have to take a pay cut to play for the spurs and also play behind tony Parker.

I would be shocked if we even get any interest from Conley. He is not coming to Sacramento. Our best option is to either re-sign Rondo or trade for a PG or combo guard that can play PG while Collison is out suspended.

I think with NY trading for Rose our biggest threat in the Rondo sweepstakes is removed and his price might have just come down a bit.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I would be shocked if we even get any interest from Conley. He is not coming to Sacramento. Our best option is to either re-sign Rondo or trade for a PG or combo guard that can play PG while Collison is out suspended.

I think with NY trading for Rose our biggest threat in the Rondo sweepstakes is removed and his price might have just come down a bit.
I would agree...except that Rose being traded may have turned around and opened up another threat in Chicago. And one not tied down to the bad fit that the Triangle posed for Rondo. I mean, I GUESS you could enter the season with Calderon and Brooks as your two PGs. I guess you could. But...jeesh. Not sure what they are trying to do anyway after they suddenly realized the grass is not always greener. Figure Lopex replaces Noah. What about Pau? Who plays the PG? They might be active doing...something.

I think we can get Rondo, then see if we can get Delly from Cleveland cheap.

From there maybe take a shot at Crabbe, offer Ben maybe a future second as sign and trade sort of thing.

Still have some salary with KK and Collison to play with perhaps.

I think we can get Rondo, then see if we can get Delly from Cleveland cheap.

From there maybe take a shot at Crabbe, offer Ben maybe a future second as sign and trade sort of thing.

Still have some salary with KK and Collison to play with perhaps.

From what I heard, there's teams that are willing to pay him ten million per. This may be a smoke screen but it wouldn't surprise me at all, esp. with the amt of cap space teams have.

From what I heard, there's teams that are willing to pay him ten million per. This may be a smoke screen but it wouldn't surprise me at all, esp. with the amt of cap space teams have.
That sounds about right, sounds about where Portland may be reluctant. You offer Ben who will be restriced next year, a cheap second...maybe you get lucky.

Obviously that means if we want Rondo too we've got to cut other salary.

But there lots of possibilities out there.

I think we are around 13 million in cap space.

So let's say Rondo 12.5 million, Delly 3.5 million were at 16
Crabbe 10 million

Makes it around 26

Ben, kk, Colison out we should be around 30 million room.

That's some layman as hell cap analysis, but it would be close, not sure how accurate realgm is with the rookie contracts or Butler opting in.

See if there is an exception for someone like Barnes maybe.

May be possible.

I would agree...except that Rose being traded may have turned around and opened up another threat in Chicago. And one not tied down to the bad fit that the Triangle posed for Rondo. I mean, I GUESS you could enter the season with Calderon and Brooks as your two PGs. I guess you could. But...jeesh. Not sure what they are trying to do anyway after they suddenly realized the grass is not always greener. Figure Lopex replaces Noah. What about Pau? Who plays the PG? They might be active doing...something.
You could well be right but Rondo and Butler are not exactly great fit. Both ball dominant guards.

Chicago lost the plot as soon as they let Thibs go. They might just be blowing it up at this point.

Crabbe 10 million

Makes it around 26

That's some layman as hell cap analysis, but it would be close, not sure how accurate realgm is with the rookie contracts or Butler opting in.

May be possible.
By unloading Bellinelli onto Hornets and trading down from 8, we have around $33 million in cap space.

I think there is nothing more certain in free agency than us going after Anderson and trading Kosta. It is the most obvious move by us. I think what is likely going to happen is we will sign Anderson, possibly re-sign Rondo and then use Kosta and Ben and possibly Rudy as a trade or sign and trade assets for a SG.

The closer we get to free agency to more I get the feeling that Rudy will be traded.

By unloading Bellinelli onto Hornets and trading down from 8, we have around $33 million in cap space.

I think there is nothing more certain in free agency than us going after Anderson and trading Kosta. It is the most obvious move by us. I think what is likely going to happen is we will sign Anderson, possibly re-sign Rondo and then use Kosta and Ben and possibly Rudy as a trade or sign and trade assets for a SG.

The closer we get to free agency to more I get the feeling that Rudy will be traded.
Thank you, I was off some after the Marco trade. So a bit more then I thought.

Moving Rudy makes me nervous as we can stagnate without anyone able to create a shot for themselves sometimes. But that's a hefty contract too.

Will be interesting.

But I still think we can replace Collison even with his budget contract for a different type of backup like Delly cheap and multi year. Unless we want to pay him later now is the time.

I'm still getting projected around 12.6-14.5 million at realgm.

Max at 30 million. I typically use the projected until I see someone who breaks it all down nice and neat an up to date.

That sounds about right, sounds about where Portland may be reluctant. You offer Ben who will be restriced next year, a cheap second...maybe you get lucky.

Obviously that means if we want Rondo too we've got to cut other salary.

But there lots of possibilities out there.

Crabbe 10 million

Makes it around 26

May be possible.
The rumors are that Delly will get $10 million!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...n/news-story/825c723cdc2a27f2c37d07ceceb2c9b5

Crabbe 10 million

Makes it around 26

May be possible.
Delly is getting way more than 3.5m. Wouldn't surprise me if it was at least 8mpy. Cap going up, and he's not just a garbage bench player anymore.

Crabbe is going to get more than 10mpy imo.

Why do we have to trade Collison again? Wed be downgrading by getting Delly and paying twice as much for it.
Collison expires, if his salary out secures a long term budget deal its an option. But that was assuming he'd be cheaper than Collison, but with that 10 million rumor that may have been presumptive.