Let's evaluate the progress of our young players at the 20% mark of the season

So
Carmichael Dave ‏Verified account@CarmichaelDave Nov 20

Here’s what a much larger than should be group of our fans need to realize, and I’m not trying to be a ****: THERE IS NO COMBINATION THAT WILL “GET IT DONE.” THIS IS A BAAAAD TEAM. THEY ARE NOT GOOD. THEY ARE BASICALLY A COLLEGE TEAM W/ A FEW VETS. 20-25 WINS TOPS.
(My response is more to CD.)

Thats fine but can we at least have some games where Fox/Buddy/Bogie take the most shots and play the most in a more uptempo style? Since ya know were gonna suck anyway.

This seems like a classic Sacramento blame anyone but the coach until he gets fired then say it was his fault all along situation. Seen this many times, local media makes no issues of the coaching until hes gone then all of a sudden its 4 hours a day of how terrible he was.

Its really possible (and starting to worry me) that Vlade has drafted all busts/missed on better guys at our draft spots, the coach is not good or just not good in this type of situation(at the nba level Joerger has only proven to be able to coach vets in his system, not kids).

In fact its been kind of a mess of a first month, no real direction, G. Hill and ZBO GT KK leading the way to extra wins we dont need when the young guys should be thrown out there in what is a wasted season anyway.

Just seems like another wasted typical DIRECTIONLESS kings season.

If were gonna go "process" then freakin go full on process and bench ZBO G. Hill KK etc.

It seems like Vlade and crew are really afraid of full on tanking the season and are pretty much going to end up tanking it anyway....Hello number 7 pick where all of the stars are gone and were stuck with Vlades bad drafting to try to pick out someone based on actual scouting.

All because we ran ZBO 35 mins vs the suns in some random winter game that no one will remember.

The Kings are the textbook example of a treadmill team, clearly not having enough talent or thinking too much of there current talent resulting in meaningless wins resulting in more years without stars. Just embrace the full on tank for once! Play the youth.

Solid youth - no franchise pieces except maybe Fox. Skal has potential but has not shown much lately

Very solid unit but we need one to develop into a franchise cornerstone and we need to draft another otherwise the Demarcus trade was a complete waste and franchise set back.

Its really as simple as that. Its not half empty its half full and the opportunity is there however this draft is monumental and that philly pick is not looking good

Losses are Lin's and the kids need time. Next quarter season is big

Reading this thread is depressing :( And I thought I tended to view things half empty..

Buddy IMO can be a solid starter.. Not nearly as down on him

Skal can be a solid starter. Young, hitting the wall, but still has the body/touch that made him a consensus top 2 draft selection much of 16

WCS...

Fox has disappointed me lately but can be a good starter

Bogdan, seems just a solid role player. Not sure where the hype generated that he’d be more

Frank can be a good backup

Jackson I still believe can be a good starter which is why I’d lean center in this years draft, but I’m unusually high on him

I don't find this thread depressing at all. Whether they know it or not, everyone is evaulating these players on a game by game basis. This thread just allows us to share our thoughts in one place and at one point in time. It doesn't surprise me to find a lot of us are disappointed. I'm disappointed. But then I also tend to be a glass-half-full kind of fan. I think a lot of the "there's no hope for us" sentiment in this thread are many of the same people who will get all overhyped when things are going well. But what should one expect from sports FANatics? ;)

So

(My response is more to CD.)

Thats fine but can we at least have some games where Fox/Buddy/Bogie take the most shots and play the most in a more uptempo style? Since ya know were gonna suck anyway.

This seems like a classic Sacramento blame anyone but the coach until he gets fired then say it was his fault all along situation. Seen this many times, local media makes no issues of the coaching until hes gone then all of a sudden its 4 hours a day of how terrible he was.

Its really possible (and starting to worry me) that Vlade has drafted all busts/missed on better guys at our draft spots, the coach is not good or just not good in this type of situation(at the nba level Joerger has only proven to be able to coach vets in his system, not kids).

In fact its been kind of a mess of a first month, no real direction, G. Hill and ZBO GT KK leading the way to extra wins we dont need when the young guys should be thrown out there in what is a wasted season anyway.

Just seems like another wasted typical DIRECTIONLESS kings season.

If were gonna go "process" then freakin go full on process and bench ZBO G. Hill KK etc.

It seems like Vlade and crew are really afraid of full on tanking the season and are pretty much going to end up tanking it anyway....Hello number 7 pick where all of the stars are gone and were stuck with Vlades bad drafting to try to pick out someone based on actual scouting.

All because we ran ZBO 35 mins vs the suns in some random winter game that no one will remember.

The Kings are the textbook example of a treadmill team, clearly not having enough talent or thinking too much of there current talent resulting in meaningless wins resulting in more years without stars. Just embrace the full on tank for once! Play the youth.
I get your general point, but you are exaggerating the amount the veterans are playing. Zbo hasn't played 35 minutes a game this year. He's averaging 24 and never played more than 30.

Joerger does need to tighten his rotation to start getting some of the younger guys 30+ minutes a game, but I am of the camp that it is useful if they earn those minutes as Mason has done.

I get your general point, but you are exaggerating the amount the veterans are playing. Zbo hasn't played 35 minutes a game this year. He's averaging 24 and never played more than 30.

Joerger does need to tighten his rotation to start getting some of the younger guys 30+ minutes a game, but I am of the camp that it is useful if they earn those minutes as Mason has done.
As long as you get my general point its all good, the exaggeration was to emphasize the ridiculousness of ZBO taking the most shots on the team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Joerger does need to tighten his rotation to start getting some of the younger guys 30+ minutes a game, but I am of the camp that it is useful if they earn those minutes as Mason has done
He will tighten his rotation once he's sure of what he's got and who is going to do the most going forward. I am in total agreement that they need to earn their minutes.