LeBron's Monster Dunk

Did anybody else see that monster jam Lebron did on Damon Jones.

OMG !!! That ball had to be 3-feet higher than the rim when LeBron had his arm extended and Damon was right in his way ... I guesstimate ... Damon woulda' been looking right into LeBron's belly button (and they were both in the air) if he'd have been looking up ... instead Damon was looking down at the ground and got LITERALLY MUSCLED O-U-T O-F T-H-E P-L-A-Y.

It'll probably make the NBA Dunk of the Day, tomorrow, over at nba.com

ya know i didn't see it but sitting here in the computer room i can hear the TV just a little bit but i specifically remember hearing Marv yelling after the dunk...im sure ill see it a little later

Goodness gracious! i was almost asleep when i saw that play & man, did i leap out of my couch after that! That was a sledgehammer!

Hahahaha, the funny thing is that Damon Jones JUMPED and looked down. I don't see the point of that. BTW - This was the first nice dunk I have seen of Lebron James jumping of two feet.

#1sacfan

Parni Valjak said:
Who cares, Clipps beat the Grizzlie .. :)
Jaric 25pts and Rebraca 14pts. National team is looking tough. Radman, Krle, Pedja, Bodiroga and not to mention what Rakocevic is doing in Spain. Oh and Vujanic is good too.

Dear Lebron,

Damon Jones is a nice guy. He had a nice year in Sacramento and is just trying to feed his family. Next time you play the Heat please be sure to kindly ask him to move out of the way so unfortunate events like your dunk tonight don't happen again.

Thank you for your consideration,

The Heat Management.

Seriously, how can Lebron NOT be in the dunk contest. Come on kid! Sign up!

iheartBrad said:
are you serious Al? That dunk was an AND1?
Why would it be an offensive foul ? Jones' legs were not planted on the floor (he actually jumped to try to contest the dunk), LeBron didn't use his arms or elbow to push Jones off. He was just kind of in his way ... too bad.

Absolutely !!!

iheartBrad said:
are you serious Al? That dunk was an AND1?
Yup ... it's like faking your defender on a jumper .... he leaves his feet to try and block your shot .... at that point all you have to do is jump/lean into him while he's up in the air ..... (insert whistle sound here).

It's a part of the game ....

(as Bruce Hornsby would say) ... That's Just the Way It Is

That looks to be an excellent poster. I especially love the shot that makes it look like Damon is covering his face in shame right after the dunk (in reality, Lebron smashed his ear while in the air). That poster is gonna hang right next to my Jordan poster.

This is a great dunk but not a dunk contest type of dunk. If Lebron goes to the SDC, he won't even make the finals. I have his High School SDC and he's not that great. His dunks are not original and not flashy at all. He can't jump off 2 feet and do a flashy dunk which is required in the SDC most of the time. His dunks are just nice because he jumps high and throws it down hard.

After seeing that dunk, I'm not all that impressed. Sure, it was nice, but Damon Jones is a smaller player (by far) than Lebron, and realized he shouldn't have jumped almost immediately. I'd like to see Lebron do that more consistently, and more consistently over guys his size or bigger than him.

4cwebb said:
After seeing that dunk, I'm not all that impressed. Sure, it was nice, but Damon Jones is a smaller player (by far) than Lebron, and realized he shouldn't have jumped almost immediately. I'd like to see Lebron do that more consistently, and more consistently over guys his size or bigger than him.
You must not watch alot of LeBron, he does that quite frequently, on everyone.

I think if Lebron was a bit more creative with his dunks he could very easily win the SDC. He has the athletic ability, all it takes is some creativity.

JSin said:
You must not watch alot of LeBron, he does that quite frequently, on everyone.
I don't get to watch as much of Lebron as I'd like, that is for certain, but I don't really recall seeing many "dunks of the night" out of Lebron on NBA.com this season.