Latest Rudy trade rumor

Jake Rose said in his podcast to not be surprised to see Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers get moved for Rudy. With Jamal being the biggest piece of the deal.

Jake Rose said in his podcast to not be surprised to see Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers get moved for Rudy. With Jamal being the biggest piece of the deal.
WOW that guy (Crawford) has been a vicious assasin against the Kings. I'd love to have him. Deadly. It seems like he's old but so what - we do not have a deadly 3-ball threat and could use the firepower.

Kings will have two PGs when Collison returns
Well that's neither here nor there to me, as Crawford is a SG and we have zero there. But I just glanced at his stats and he's off to a slow start. He is probably, finally, washed up. pass.

Coach's kid Austin Rivers holds zero appeal for me I like DC and Ty better.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Rudy has actually been balling for us.

But if he's dipping out at the end of his contact, we might as well try to get some pieces for him while we still can.

Not sure I like this deal though.

Lol is all I have to say that's a clown offer
Is it really? Gay is walking in off season. Crawford is ageless and Rivers has made himself an intruiging NBA player. Good perimeter defender, outside shooter and can get to the rim. I dont believe Doc Rivers would trade his own son though.

What does Crawford's contract look like? This year and next year firepower off the bench and SG depth while Bogdan gets his feet wet next year? Doc's kid = pg depth and he's a big pg. I wouldn't kick this deal out of bed. I know Rudy is ballin, but I think he is a net negative with his published desire to get out of town.

Here are my arguments against this trade:

1) Jamal Crawford is too old to be the main piece of this trade.

2) We are trading Big for Small.

3) We are trading a good player to a Pacific Division rival.

4) The player going out from the Kings is the best player in the deal.

5 The Clippers are a LA team.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
yes, but is that a prediction based on knowledge, or just a Clippers fantasy scenario. Because it sounds like the latter. Rudy is worth more to us this year, and even if he walked in the summer you can sign 37yr tweener guards and below average PGs easily in free agency.

Not interested in the Clips scenario.

Now if OKC offers Payne and recently acquired Grant that could be interesting. It seems Grant has good potential at SF but I believe they cant trade him yet.

What I like about this is both are young and have proven they belong. Seeing the Kings suck at drafting players its nice to have an idea already how these young guys look in the NBA.

I highly doubt that Vlade holds out all summer to trade Rudy for a 36 year old Crawford and Austin Rivers.

This is a Clipper hack with this silly rumor.

they'd have to give a future minimally protected pick with those 2 if its gonna work. i just don't see why we'd give our 2nd leading scorer for doc's son and aging crawford.

Is it really? Gay is walking in off season. Crawford is ageless and Rivers has made himself an intruiging NBA player. Good perimeter defender, outside shooter and can get to the rim. I dont believe Doc Rivers would trade his own son though.
No it's a clown offer that 28 other teams could beat and stop it with that rivers talk.

If we are trading Rudy we better be getting back just as good a scorer and as many years left as Rudy has or this will get ugly.

I would rather let Rudy walk at the end of the season for nothing than trade him for a bunch of old vets or average reserves clogging up the cap room.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I wanted Jamal Crawford five years ago, but not now. Well, let me rephrase that, not now for Rudy Gay. I agree with Bricky that with the current state of the Kings team, Gay is more valuable than the addition of Crawford and Rivers. Now if Crawford was five years younger, then I'd have a different opinion. Not to mention, our roster doesn't have room for two players. We need to do a two for one the other way.