Larry Sanders 2.0

Entity

Hall of Famer
Now that the buyout is complete. I feel we should give it a whirl. I already know the arguments against it. Here are the reasons I think it could work.

Demarcus Cousin
Rudy Gay
Andre Miller
Reggie Evans
Last but not least George Karl

In Milwaukee sanders had no vet leadership oj mayo? Jared Dudley? I also think it would help boogie if given the challenge of taming sanders. Kinda like the student becomes the teacher. Not to mention the upside if he reaches his potential that we have already seen a season of.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Now that the buyout is complete. I feel we should give it a whirl. I already know the arguments against it. Here are the reasons I think it could work.

Demarcus Cousin
Rudy Gay
Andre Miller
Reggie Evans
Last but not least George Karl

In Milwaukee sanders had no vet leadership oj mayo? Jared Dudley? I also think it would help boogie if given the challenge of taming sanders. Kinda like the student becomes the teacher. Not to mention the upside if he reaches his potential that we have already seen a season of.
He's probably not rejoining the NBA for a looooong while.

I like Larry Sanders as a player, but I think he has a lot of personal off field issues. There were reports out there about him wanting to quit basketball. I wouldn't want to sign him here. I don't think he'll help the team very much at the current state he's in.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like Larry Sanders as a player, but I think he has a lot of personal off field issues. There were reports out there about him wanting to quit basketball. I wouldn't want to sign him here. I don't think he'll help the team very much at the current state he's in.
Yep. Maybe if he takes a few years off to get his issues sorted out, I consider bringing him in for a workout, but as of now I would touch him with a drone.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You know, I defended Larry Sanders for a long time because I think it's rare you find a player willing to put in the time to studying what other players want to do offensively and how to take those options away. I like it when players approach the idea of playing defense intellectually because it's an entire game within the game and most players treat it as a secondary consideration. Two years ago he wasn't just a good defensive player, he was arguably the best in the game. That's why he got a 40 million dollar contract. It's hard to see it right now, but he actually earned that contract. I'd love to have that Larry Sanders on my team but it's unknown at this point if he'll ever be focused on basketball enough to be that player again.

Last edited:
Well I'd take the the proper type of head case around here, give me a Rodman type and I'd have no issue. Sanders really is seeming like he will get banned from the league in short time.

Basically they cut his salary in 1/3 and said pee off.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Guy is a head case who now has $12M in his pocket with no direction and no rehab we know of. A disaster of highest order.

we should reach out to him and see if theres anything we can do to assist. Not from a basketball perspective but to lend a helping hand to a fallen player. If he chooses to sign with us down the track fine but really its just about helping out and the family that is the greater basketball community.