Lance Stevenson

With his late season resesitation in Memphis, how come this guy hasnt gotten any interest? Id love to find him in a Kings jersey somehow, after some trade.

Not sure why Indiana is trying to revisit the Lance era again, I thought Larry let him go for a reason.
Larry didn't want to pay Stephenson a big contract. That's mainly why he ended up in Charlotte.

As for revisiting, he would give them an impact player for the bench, and an option if they want to go small...

Teague / Ellis / Stephenson / PG13 / Myles

Stephenson has played that SG/SF role for them before, so that helps them. Also, with Memphis he looked like his old self and that would help them as well. He could start at SG and let them play Ellis as sixth man, or they could use Stephenson off the bench to give them flexibility in line ups and impact off the bench. I guess it also allows them to move Ellis for another player, if they did Ellis for Gay, then Gay slots in at SF and PG13 at PF. It's a fair move as long as his deal is team friendly.

As for us, he doesn't really fit a need because we have Afflalo, McLemore, Richardson and Temple at SG. Doesn't really fit at SF either with Gay, Casspi and Barnes. So I think we are rightly passing on him. Plus, he's not much of a shooter so going for him over Afflalo wouldn't have helped us space the court as well.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Larry didn't want to pay Stephenson a big contract. That's mainly why he ended up in Charlotte.

As for revisiting, he would give them an impact player for the bench, and an option if they want to go small...

Stephenson has played that SG/SF role for them before, so that helps them. Also, with Memphis he looked like his old self and that would help them as well. He could start at SG and let them play Ellis as sixth man, or they could use Stephenson off the bench to give them flexibility in line ups and impact off the bench. I guess it also allows them to move Ellis for another player, if they did Ellis for Gay, then Gay slots in at SF and PG13 at PF. It's a fair move as long as his deal is team friendly.

As for us, he doesn't really fit a need because we have Afflalo, McLemore, Richardson and Temple at SG. Doesn't really fit at SF either with Gay, Casspi and Barnes. So I think we are rightly passing on him. Plus, he's not much of a shooter so going for him over Afflalo wouldn't have helped us space the court as well.
PG13 does not condone playing the four. So a trade with Indiana is out of the question IMO. Beside the fact that its been reported the Kings have no interest in Ellis/Stuckey.

PG13 does not condone playing the four. So a trade with Indiana is out of the question IMO. Beside the fact that its been reported the Kings have no interest in Ellis/Stuckey.
Indeed, but Larry Bird's push for more small ball is possible when you look at their roster moves this off season, and their new head coach being willing to adapt to the modern way. He also sees Turner as a center, so someone has to play PF and currently the most likely candidates are: Paul George, Thaddeus Young, or perhaps Al Jefferson.

I think Geoege is best off at SF, and that's arguably where he will start. But the addition of Stephenson does allow them small ball rotations with him at SF and George at PF. Though I guess Thad Young is a small ball PF in some respects. But as an addition, Stepenson is a useful piece for how they want to play because of that flexibility he offers.

Only reason I brought up Ellis for Gay was that it had been rumored, and I haven't seen a similar rumor of SG for SF from them. But if there's any truth in wanting to trade Ellis or Stuckey, adding Stephenson gives them an ideal replacement since they know what the kid can do and in what positions. But if they keep them both and sign Stephenson, they look deep at SG and SF.

Larry wanted to pay Lance more, but couldn't without dumping other players.
And Pacers just acquired Thad Young to be their PF. They will use either Ellis or Stephenson as a main playmaker off the bench.