Kyle Korver (REPORT: Hawks may break up core at deadline)

If there is any truth to ESPN's report, I'd like to see the Kings try to swing a deal for Kyle Korver. I'm sure he will be coveted by teams better than the Kings, but it's certainly worth a shot.

How nice might it be seeing him taking the shots Marco and Ben have been taking, especially when Cuz kicks it out off a double-team?

I wouldn't mind Korver, also Cleveland seems interested in him too and want Mozgov out. A few possibilities in a multi team trade, but I'd like to get Shump maybe if we can.

No, thank you. The man will be 35 in a month and has experienced a decline in his 3pt% this year. Besides, that's not even what's most important. We need to bring in defense. Korver is not helping us in that area.

I'd rather go after Teague and/or Sefolosha. Maybe something like Collison/McLemore (& maybe Casspi if they don't budge on the first deal) gets it done. Then you trade Gay for T. Evans, Koufos for T. Gibson, & Belinelli for a highly protected 2nd round pick. Then you're looking at this roster next year (with about $33 mil in cap space):

PG - Teague/Curry
SG - (Bazemore, Crabbe, Lee)/Evans/Anderson
SF - (Batum, Barnes, Bazemore)/Sefolosha
PF - Cauley-Stein/Gibson/Acy
C - Cousins/(Aldrich, Dedmon, Plumlee)

Last edited:
Cousins, Gay, Collison, Casspi, McLemore and even Rondo are solid 3pt shooters right now. Belinelli will also come around at some point. The Kings aren't losing because they can't hit threes.

Besides, that's not even what's most important. We need to bring in defense. Korver is not helping us in that area.
He plays better defense than Marco. And he's a better shooter. Win win.

As for the defense, everyone knows it's more a scheme issues than anything else. Fix that and you might have something.

Also, don't let the Kings scoring average fool you. That's mostly due to pace. They aren't an efficient offensive team. Korver could help in that regard because he'll make more open shots than Marco or Ben. Korver scares defenses, those 2 don't.

K

KingMilz

Kyle actually plays better defense than people give him credit for, but at 35 he's to old for us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If there is any truth to ESPN's report, I'd like to see the Kings try to swing a deal for Kyle Korver. I'm sure he will be coveted by teams better than the Kings, but it's certainly worth a shot.

How nice might it be seeing him taking the shots Marco and Ben have been taking, especially when Cuz kicks it out off a double-team?
No thanks. His shots haven't been falling as well lately because he's ... well ... getting old. We bring him here and he'll never hit a three again.