Koufos/Grizz Trade Idea

Hey I stole this idea from RealGM.

With Marc Gasol out with the busted ankle the Kings send Koufos to Memphis for Courtney Lee and Matt Barnes.

The Grizz get a proven center who already knows there system and team.

The Kings get a dose of NBA defensive dog!

With Marc Gasol out with the busted ankle the Kings send Koufos to Memphis for Courtney Lee and Matt Barnes.

I would do this and then call the Cavs back about Mozgov

K

KingMilz

Brandon Wright is about to return for them and Jamychal Green is a solid smaller big I rather have Wright/Green with Lee and Barnes than trade away there depth for a back up C who has not performed well with us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Oh good lord no. No, no...and no. We finally have enough legitimate bigs for the first time and we'd break that up?

Cousins, WCS, and Koufos is a good group. With each on a great contract, and with Boogie and Willie as untouchables, you can't move Koufos unless you get something you absolutely need.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Cousins, WCS, and Koufos is a good group. With each on a great contract, and with Boogie and Willie as untouchables, you can't move Koufos unless you get something you absolutely need.
Yes. I should have expanded on my comment. Be very, very careful about what is done with the three big guys. You can't coach height. Some people don't like Koufos. He's #3 of the bigs. What exactly do people want? He occasionally does some good stuff on defense and on offense. Mostly defense. He knows what to do and is limited only by his athleticism. He has a good contract. I think he is money very well spent.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Agree, don't touch our bigs, nothing good in that now. Considering the defensive problem, especially with PG's, that may need to be the focus. Running the offense thru Boogie helps any defensive PG who is a stopper out front. Then a SF stopper for the wing.

So Cavs are interested in 2K. I must admit I am a real fan of 2K and I would love to keep him. He is just a no frills, plays his role, type of guy who is a very good team mate. Word of Mozgov and Shumpert for Kufous and McLemore is being mentioned. The deal on surface makes sense for both teams but I would still be reluctant to trade Koufos.