Kobe Bryant announces plan to retire at season's end

What happens in Kobe's last appearance at Arco/Sleep Train? Lot's of Lakers fans/Kobestans will show up probably and he'll be applauded, that's fine. Personally, I'm gonna vomit if the Kings have an official ceremony or farewell gift (unless it's a bag of cat poop) for him. Some things are just too painfull to forget about, and I don't care to be celebrating an effin Laker, especially one as unlikable as Kobe.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Truth Behind How Detrimental Kobe Bryant is to the Lakers
by The Great Mambino
...Because Kobe Bryant is the worst on-court influence in the NBA. There. I said it. And that's not a controversial opinion. But perhaps more controversial: has there been a worse season for a Lakers player over the last two decades?

I don't think so.

Looking at the past twenty seasons, only Kwame Brown's glorious run in the purple and gold from 2005-2008 comes to mind. However, even when Brown was averaging 6/6 with 2.5 fouls, 1.6 turnovers a game to 1.2 assists in 22 bumble-filled minutes a contest, his stout post defense was enough to redeem his value somewhat. More to the point, who was Kwame taking minutes away from? Ronny Turiaf? The remnants of Chris Mihm's ankles? Lamar Odom, who was averaging 38 minutes?...
Read complete article here