Kmart Injured!!

I just heard on KHTK that Kmart had an MRI and he has a hairline fracture on his wrist, his status is unknown. :(

Will look for a link.

Edit:

KEVIN MARTIN INJURY UPDATE

SACRAMENTO, CA, November 5, 2009 ---- An MRI taken today on Kevin Martin’s left wrist revealed a non displaced hairline fracture of the navicular bone. The treatment options are currently being evaluated. More information will be released when available.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/martin_2009_11_05.html

Last edited:
I know we need to train Evans to be a PG, and thats what I want him to be, but If Kmart is out for a while I wonder if they would try a Evans, Beno backcourt?

I know we need to train Evans to be a PG, and thats what I want him to be, but If Kmart is out for a while I wonder if they would try a Evans, Beno backcourt?
Westphal's tried that a bit, and it worked pretty well, which is more than you can say about most of our various lineups.

Because it's on his left wrist shouldn't be a big problem unless Kmart's a big wimp. After all he scored 29 pts shooting right handed last night. I suffered a hair-line fracture on my right wrist while dunking in practice as a 17-year-old H.S. senior. I played in an era when dunking was not allowed in the games at that level. I had a soft split with velcro release on my shooting wrist for a scheduled 6-8 weeks. I took it off after 3 weeks, playing rest of the season because it felt healed to me and I didn't want to hurt my team as a starting F/C. Since Kmart is right handed he should be able to play with no major issues.

Because it's on his left wrist shouldn't be a big problem unless Kmart's a big wimp. After all he scored 29 pts shooting right handed last night. I suffered a hair-line fracture on my right wrist while dunking in practice as a 17-year-old H.S. senior. I played in an era when dunking was not allowed in the games at that level. I had a soft split with velcro release on my shooting wrist for a scheduled 6-8 weeks. I took it off after 3 weeks, playing rest of the season because it felt healed to me and I didn't want to hurt my team as a starting F/C. Since Kmart is right handed he should be able to play with no major issues.
yes and no. He wont be able to be as aggressive going up risking a fall on the wrist. Also, it depends how much he can use his left hand dribbling. If he can't then they can just guard him going right.

I recall Artest playing with broken bone chips in his elbow, a broken finger and other nagging injuries without missing a single game, although he skipped a number of practices.

A

AriesMar27

are we cursed? or just clumsy.... our highest paid players end up with some of the wussiest injuries... there is never any contact, they just hurt themselves...

get well soon martin, cross your fingers that evans doesnt take your spot.

are we cursed? or just clumsy.... our highest paid players end up with some of the wussiest injuries... there is never any contact, they just hurt themselves...

get well soon martin, cross your fingers that evans doesnt take your spot.
Yes we are cursed.

We sign cisco....BAM....injury

We have KMart......BAM...injury

We have Evans......BAM...injury (sorta)

It's always after we take the plunge then injury strikes.:mad:

I'm suprised, it didn't seem like he hurt himself last night. Hopefully he'll recover quickly...But this could be a nice door for Donte Greene. Omri has shown what he can do, Noc will get his minutes but Donte could see some valuable minutes.

Always injured - although it's not smart for him to play when we obviously won't be contending for a playoff spot, it seems like every year something comes up with our boy KMart. As UNPOPULAR as this might be with some, maybe we let him heal, play big, trade him high. He's not someone we can count on being healthy anymore sadly

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm suprised, it didn't seem like he hurt himself last night. Hopefully he'll recover quickly...But this could be a nice door for Donte Greene. Omri has shown what he can do, Noc will get his minutes but Donte could see some valuable minutes.

I'm asuming this was the same injury that was reported before the game? But that they just now got back the test results and found out it was more than a bruise?

In any case in the last grades I had just got done qondering how long Kevin could last at 40+min a night -- guess that didn't take long.

Last edited:
I'm asuming this was the same injury that was reported before the game? But that they just now got back the test results and found out it was more than a bruise?

IN any case in the last grades I had jsut got done qondering how long Kevin ocould last at 40+min a night -- guess that didn't take long.
Oh, I thought this happened during the game...I guess this is what happens when Kevin is our main guy. He just needs to heal it so it won't give him problems later.

Some Updates on Kevin Martin via/ Twitter -
Martin can opt for surgery or a cast and miss about two months or play with a broken wrist. He'll decide soon
To clarify a cast or surgery both would likely sideline Kevin Martin about 8 weeks.
This had been a bad day for Kings fans.

Some thoughts :

Kevin Martins wrist was hurt in the Memphis game. Why didnt we diagnose the fracture then? And if he made the injury worse in the Atlanta game, I think the training staff deserve some criticism for letting him play 40 minutes on it.

IF Kmart opts to play through it, I wonder how his image will change around here .. if it will change at all.

Also, if he is out for 8 weeks like the tweet above suggests, it might not be such a bad thing long term. Beno will most likely start, and if he continues to play well we might just be able to move him this year.

I think this may be the final straw. He cant stay healthy .. it might be time to move on from Kmart while he has some value.

Bricklayer

You know you're the Kings when you've got two stories in the top 5 over at Yahoo sports...and the two stories involve one of your players gettting hurt and the other picking up a DUI. :p

Always look on the brightside of life.

You starts out at the cellar of the league, you're going back to the cellar of the league. What you lose? Nothing!

New starting lineup:

Spencer Hawes
Tyreke Evans
Andres Nocioni
Jason Thompson
Beno Udrih

Bench:
Omri Casspi
Jon Brockman
Ime Udoka
Sergio Rodriguez

Edit:...and let's not forget our warrior PF K-9, too.

Last edited:
I fractured my wrist four months ago hitting my punching bag, and I still play competitive basketball 3 times a week and train in martial arts 3 times a week.

big deal its his off hand. Tape it up and play...Iverson did it for a whole season. Stop being a pansy, I guarantee if Cisco had this injury instead of his. He would be playing...

Kevin has really let me down.

Media Madness: First the Bee reported Kev WILL be out 6-8 weeks but now they have changed it to MAY be out 6-8 weeks. In a soundbite on KHTK Martin said he was going to rest on it tonight and decide soon on if he will have the surgery or continue to play. Apparently, the surgery is still most likely - so out 6-8 weeks likely.

Bricklayer

I fractured my wrist four months ago hitting my punching bag, and I still play competitive basketball 3 times a week and train in martial arts 3 times a week.

big deal its his off hand. Tape it up and play...Iverson did it for a whole season. Stop being a pansy, I guarantee if Cisco had this injury instead of his. He would be playing...

Kevin has really let me down.

Now I am rarely first in line to argue for Kevin's toughness, but I'm not sure what the point would really be given our situation. If we were a 60 win team witha shot at the title and this was March or something...yeah, I want him to try to suck it up and hold out unitl the offseason is possible. But 5 games into a season which everybody kows is going to be a lottery season anyway? Might as well do it right + get it healthy. Not much on the line and 6 straight months of basketball ahead is a long time.

P.S. As an aside why do they always do surgery for broken bones in the NBA? Shouldn't a hairline fracture especially already be set and in place to heal by itself as long as its immobilized?

Last edited:
Now I am rarely first in line to argue for Kevin's toughness, but I'm not sure what the point would really be given our situation. If we were a 60 win team witha shot at the title and this was March or something...yeah, I want him to try to suck it up and hold out unitl the offseason is possible. But 5 games into a season which everybody kows is going to be a lottery season anyway? Might as well do it right + get it healthy. Not much on the line and 6 straight months of basketball ahead is a long time.

P.S. As an aside why do they always do surgery for broken bones in the NBA? Shouldn't a hairline fracture especially already be set and in place to heal by itself as long as its immobilized?
Kevs our leader.. He takes pressure off of every player.. This is going to make it so much harder for everyone else out there without him.

i geuss im just more upset then anything that **** like this always happends. We had a nice thing going so far this year developmental wise..

EDIT*** as much as i dont want it to happen.. thoughts are running through my head that we should trade kevin.....

Last edited: