KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
OffTheWallJamal is on the clock for the Jazz pick at #42. Since OTWJamal is located abroad, the overnight clock does not apply, and clock timeout is at 5 AM Pacific. (I'm setting my alarm.) (Or not.) (PM sent.)

We have a trade to announce! The Utah Jazz have agreed to sell their Nr. 42 selection to the Miami Heat for cash, making this the first trade in the 2017 Kingsfans mock draft!

With the 42th pick, the Miami Heat select DJ Wilson.

The trade has been agreed to by the league (e.g. The Capt.).

Edited for explanation:
The Heat are excited to add a player that they value really highly. They like his athleticism on defense and his shooting on offense. He also fits next to Winslow in the future at the second forward spot.
All in all the Heat feel like they are well positioned for the future, getting high upside guys in Mitchell and Wilson later in the draft than they thought they would go.

Last edited:
Derrick went from a 6 foot tall skinny high school kid without a college offer to a 6 foot 5 inch tall 200 lb college player. NBA scouts like White due to a late growth spurt and good college play.

Last edited:
With the 44th pick the New York Knicks select PJ Dozier - South Carolina.

The New York Knicks believe he has all the physical tools necessary to be a superb player in time. In the present, his elite defensive capabilities will come in handy. The next believe at worst he will be a solid 3-n-D player throughout his career.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
With the 46th pick the 76'ers select Wesley Iwundu. I almost took Iwundu with the 39th pick. Didn't think he would still be there when this pick rolled around. Were happy!

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I knew Baja would take Iwundu eventually!

Cecil is on the clock with the #47 pick for the Pacers. Clock runs until 4:30 AM Pacific. (PM sent)

The Pacers will pick Frank Mason III to fill in as the back-up point guard moving forward. Pretty sure he will be gone by now in the real draft, although the draft experts don't have him ranked as high.

With the 48th pick, the Milwaukee Bucks select Aleksandar Vezenkov, currently playing for Barcelona.

The Bucks really like Vezenkov and are once again trying to find a diamond in the rough overseas. The Bucks expect Vezenkov to stay with Barcelona for one or two years, and then replacing Teletovic as the backup stretch 4.

Besides being a good shooter, Vezenkov also has a high Basketball IQ and is a good passer.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think Notmyfault has timed out. Which is actually,his fault. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You want me to choose for him so I can make my 50th pick?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
With the 50th pick in the draft, the 76'ers pick Tom Bradley, a player who would have been picked in the 1st round next year, had he stayed at school. By the way Capt, you picked the player for the 49th pick that I would have picked. Great minds think alike.:eek:

My apologies if I'm wrong but I believe Notmyfault is up with the 51st pick and I believe hes been MIA thru this process. I'm not sure about GM of year awards there.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
My apologies if I'm wrong but I believe Notmyfault is up with the 51st pick and I believe hes been MIA thru this process. I'm not sure about GM of year awards there.
Yes, N0tmyfault is up next at #51, and yes, he has been MIA for the entire draft. But since the draft has been speeding along I'll give him the clock he's entitled to overnight, and if he doesn't show up I'll pick for him in the morning. So, knowing my schedule, that means the clock is up at...call it 8:30 AM Pacific. (Because I ain't getting up at 4!)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
N0tmyfault has timed out. The Nuggets have already taken Anigbogu to give them an athletic big man prospect and Robinson was attempt #1 at shoring up SF given that Gallinari has an opt out this offseason. Now the Nuggets are going to try to shore up SF one more time with Dwayne Bacon, SF, Florida St. Bacon is a tiny bit undersized for the SF at 6'6", but has a solid wingspan and the strength to play there. While he can be quiet on the court, He had several moments this year where he just absolutely took over a game, playing 10 minute stretches as if he were a superstar. Maybe he never gets consistent enough to break into his own in the NBA, but the Nuggets will take that chance at #51.

With the 52nd pick the Wizards select Edmond Sumner of Xavier.
The Wizards don't have any gaping holes in their roster, and have every intention of resigning Porter, so they will just add talent and depth.
Sumner at 6'5" has the size and skills to play both guard positions.