KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017

With the 26th pick of the 2017 NBA draft, the Trailblazers select:

Semi Ojeleye, forward out of SMU

The Blazers make another pick after failing to find a trade they liked for one of their three first rounders.

They were shocked to see that Jeanne was still on the board and debated taking him but he's a couple years away at least. They feel they need help now given their bloated payroll and feeling confident that they are a playoff team moving forward with Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic.

Ojeleye gives them a very solid defender and a catch and shoot threat who has simple, clean mechanics and NBA range.

I PM'd Folsomkingsfan

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
FolsomKingsFan has timed out.

The Nets tried to find a star wing with their previous pick. This time they're going to try to shore up their front line with Caleb Swanigan, PF/C from Purdue. The Nets aren't sure why Swanigan is so low on the mock drafts. He's short for a C, but he's an absolute bruiser down low with a huge strong body, a 7'3" wingspan, and on top of an arsenal of back-to-the-basket post moves he was the top rebounder in the NCAAs last year. Oh, and he can step out and hit the three at...45% this year?!? On 85 shots? That's a real sample size, folks. The Nets are not sleeping on Swanigan.

206Fan is on the clock, it's the overnight clock so it times out at 1 PM Pacific tomorrow.

With the 28th pick, the Lakers will select big man out of Germany, Isaiah Hartenstein. We're very confident that we will be able to develop his skills overtime. Amazing ability of scoring, rebounding, passing, and athleticism has his ceiling skyhigh. Too much talent for us to pass up.

The Spurs are considering 2 prospects here. Jonathan Jeanne the very long centre from France who has bags of potential but is a bit of a risk, or Jawun Evans the PG from Oklahoma State, who we see as a safer pick with a lower ceiling.

In the end the Spurs decide to swing for the fences and bet on Jonathan Jeanne with the 29th pick. He has outstanding physical tools and we're backing pop to develop him in to a real steal at this stage of the draft.

Utah Jazz with the 30th pick in the first round selects Anzejs Pasecniks out of Latvia.

Utah Jazz are gonna stick with the big man,and are gonna take another international player with the 30th pick center Anzejs Pasecniks, he might stay one more year in Europe, but likely can become Gobert backup at the center position this next season, this guy can space the floor with the 2nd unit and can block shots, I think he will be better option than Whitney as a backup center for the Jazz and it will allow to move Derrick Favors at his besr 4 spot if Gobert is injured.

Pm sent to Jimbob.

OK, now the Hawks have their new GM in assistant Warrior GM Schlenk. Again with Millsap opting to be a FA, Atlanta looks at all options to add star power but does not see it with where they pick. Except for Schroder they are a bit weak at PG so mull those options and conclude that with the 31st pick or the 1st pick in the 2nd round Atlanta selects Jawun Evans of Oklahoma State

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Ivan Rabb didn't think he was falling to the second round. Might have actually been a lottery pick last year.

Dime Dropper is on the overnight clock, expires 5:30 AM Pacific.

Magic take Jawun Evans. Great value in the second round and probably should have been taken much earlier.

I apologise again for the lack of detail and being unable to send a PM, but this website is currently driving me up the wall.

(Actual pick in next post - Capt.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
DD, sorry that you're having so much trouble. If it's any consolation, I was having similar issues that seem to have passed...so it might get better? You're going to be up again in one pick - if you managed to get my email address by PM don't hesitate to contact me there with the pick if you can't post.

Meanwhile, R2D2 is on the clock with the #34 and final pick for the Kings in this draft! (PM sent, clock runs until 5 PM Pacific)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Dime Dropper is on the clock for the Magic, clock runs until 7 PM Pacific. (Again, DD, email me if you can't get the site to cooperate)

Thanks Capt. Just seems to be an issued while logged on.

With our last selection, the Orlando Magic select Dillon Brooks. Another value pick, could turn out to be a steal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
With the 36th pick in the draft. the 76érs pick Tyler Lydon. The 76'ers still need depth at SF and PF, and Lydon is capable of playing both positions. He is also a good shooter who will help stretch the floor, which they desperately need.

DJ Wilson's still on the board? Rumor is he's got a promise from the Jazz...

Frank Jackson at #34 is a jackpot scenario for the Kings.. That'd be an epic pull.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Looks like CyKings has timed out. The Chicago Bulls at #38 take Thomas Bryant, C from Indiana. Bryant is big and strong and long, and while he hasn't shown as well on the defensive and rebounding side of the ball as the Bulls would like, he's a very good offensive player with a solid jumpshot backed up by a good free throw percentage. At this point in the draft the Bulls are happy to roll the dice and hope that Bryant can develop the toughness to play D and rebound - if he does pan out he's probably lottery-level value. If not, well, it was the Kings' pick anyway, right?

Bajaden is on the clock for the Sixers. It's an overnight clock, so he has until 1 PM tomorrow. (PM sent)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
206 Fan is on the clock with the #40 from New Orleans. Overnight clock applies, so clock expires at 1 PM Pacific. (PM sent)

With the 40th pick of the 2017 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select.... Houston SG Damyean Dotson.

With the ball dominancy of Cousins and AD, the Pelicans really need an off-ball player. Cousins will be a FA at the end of this year, so it would be wise to spend a pick on a player who could immediately come over and make a big impact. I debated back and forth between 3 other SG prospects, but I felt like Damyean Dotson was the right pick. Elite 3pt shooter who knows how to move off-ball. Exactly the type of player NO needs around AD and Cousins.