KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
N0tmyfault is MIA and let the clock expire, so Capt. will be making this pick.

The Nuggets considered the fact that Danilo Gallinari can opt out this summer and bolt from Denver, effectively moving Wilson Chandler into the starting SF spot, but in the end weren't quite convinced enough by any of the SFs remaining in the draft to pull the trigger. Instead, they are going to look for long-term upside, and they believe that they've found this upside in a big bruising PF/C - UCLA's Ike Anigbogu. Anigbogu is not ready (and probably would have really improved his draft position by staying in school another year) but then again, neither is Denver. In a couple of years, Denver believes that Anigbogu can be the muscle to Jokic's talent, and they're going to roll the dice that five years from now, everybody will call this a brilliant move.

Biltalent and the Miami Heat are on the clock until 8 AM Pacific. (PM sent)

With the 14th pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Miami Heat select: Donovan Mitchell.

The Miami Heat are excited to add one of the most talented and explosive guards in the draft that will also easily fit into Miami's winning culture of hard work.

Sources willl later tell that the internal decision to be made was between Mitchell and TJ Leaf, with the latter filling a position of need next to Hassan Whiteside. However, ultimately the organization went with the highest ranked player on their board, deciding to address the PF position in free agency. The Heat Front Office is said to be very high on Mitchell, thinking of him as a top 10 talent in most drafts and the best player available.

The Heat expect Mitchell to develop into a top-notch modern day combo guard that can share the backcourt with Dragic in the short term and slide next to Tyler Johnson in the long term, giving coach Eric Spoelstra plenty of versatility.

Sources say there was "real excitement" and a "sense of relief" when the Detroit Pistons went with John Collins at #12. This pathed the way for Mitchell falling to #14, right into the Heat's lap, as the executives hoped that the Nuggets, having the #13 pick, would not go with another guard

PM sent to Funkykingston. Edited to add explanation of the pick.

Last edited:
N0tmyfault is on the clock, clock expires at 10:45 Pacific. PM sent.

(BTW to all: when you make your pick, don't be shy about PM'ing the next drafter. Cuts down my workload, and I'm not always going to see your pick immediately.)
Just an FYI, I kept getting errors when trying to post and send a PM to the next draft person.

Blazers select Jarrett Allen.

I'll repost my analysis later if the site allows me to.

In short, the Blazers were looking at OG Anunoby and Jarrett Allen. Anunoby's injury (he's just now back on the court taking set shots) and his similarity to Aminu led to them deciding on Allen.

The Blazer's season turned around when they traded for Nurkic. Having a traditional center who sets good screens, rolls to the hoop and provides an interior presence on defense was a good match with McCollum and Lillard. But Nurkic struggles to stay on the court due to injuries and a high foul rate. Allen gives them another old school big man. He doesn't have Nurkic's strength or offensive versatility but he can offer rim protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Just an FYI, I kept getting errors when trying to post and send a PM to the next draft person.
Yeah, something is up with the board software. Sometimes keeping messages short helps. With the draft pick at least, one thing to try is to just put the name of the player to draft, post it, and then try to add the rest of the text through an edit.

With the 16th pick, the Chicago Bulls select OG Anunoby - SF - Indiana

Chicago passed on Kennard even with the glaring need in outside shooting. The Bulls will look to improve this is free agency. Jackson was the other guy the Bulls considered. OG was picked due to his defensive potential and youth.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
biltalent is on the clock for the Bucks at #17. biltalent is currently on their overnight, so the clock expires at 3 AM Pacific. (PM sent)

With the 17th pick, the Milwaukee Bucks select: Terrance Ferguson

The Milwaukee Bucks are excited to add another high upside prospect to their young core. Ferguson sold the FO on positional versatility and his ability to contribue to a winning team without having to have the ball in his hands. His athleticism also gives him upside on the defensive end.

Next up is Cecil (PM sent)

Last edited:
With the 18th pick, the Pacers select Justin Jackson, SF - UNC. Thrilled he dropped into our laps to start his career coming off the bench. Possible replacement for Paul George? We shall find out.

Sent PM

Atlanta has no GM in place, Millsap is opting to be a FA, Howard is not what he once was, they lack star power so consider swinging for Hamidou Diallo, however with a lack of solid big men...
With the 19th pick in the nba draft Atlanta selects Bam Adebayo

With the 21st pick, Oklahoma City selects Luke Kennard - SG - Duke

Arguably one of the best 3 shooters in the draft, Kennard fills a need as a spot up shooter for Westbrook to pass to. Opening up space for Westbrook to operate is a must and Kennard is a perfect fit.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
FolsomKingsFan is on the clock with the #22 pick for the Nets. Since I've been out and I don't know if a PM was sent, I suppose overnight rules apply, clock goes to 1 PM Pacific. (PM sent)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
FolsomKingsFan has timed out, so Capt. will make the pick...

With a roster bereft of, well, everything, the Nets need a home run here, and they're willing to take a risk in order to get one. Although there are several players on the board they think are guaranteed contributors, Brooklyn will go for the gold and select Hamidou Diallo, SG. Diallo is perhaps the most breathtaking athlete in the class, and his ceiling is sky high. His floor is that he flops entirely, but Brooklyn will take that chance.

Bibby10AZ is now on the clock with the Raptors' pick at #23. The clock runs until 9:30 PM Pacific. PM sent.

Raptors Select Harry Giles with the 23rd pick
bit of a reach with his injuries but could be a steal if hes healthy
Next up is the utah jazz with the 24th pick
OffTheWallJamal is on the clock

Utah Jazz with the 24th pick selects TJ Leaf out of UCLA.

At the power forward spot we don't have a three point shooter, so with TJ Leaf we get more depth and we have another great shooter this time in the 4 spot.

Pm sent to dime dropper.