Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Dennis Schroeder
Position:
PG
Hgt: 6'2"
Wgt: 165
Projected Draft Number: #16 NBADraft.net/#15 Draftexpress.com
College Stats 2012-13: N/A

Gilles's Review: International from '93. Is 6'2" with 6'8" wingspan and huge hands reminding Rondo's body type. Lightning quick with excellent handles that allow him to use the quickness to the fullest. Very good defender who likes to pressure ball-handler. Despite low percentages in Germany showed good shooting at Nike Summit. Have good court vision and passing. Only recently got extensive playing time, so high TOs, bad shots are still there in abundance. Still in Hoops Summit seemed to enjoy to rather setup his teammates than look for his own shot. Is very thin at 168 pounds and will have to bulk up to have a chance in the paint. Have pretty good muscle definition so
additional pounds might not come very easy as he's already almost 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my mind, and there are posters who have a higher degree of draft knowledge than I, but this is a high upside/high downside pick.. I still think he has a good body - listed 6'2 with huge wingspan (but needs to get stronger), speed that can't be taught, improving and quality shot from range, and good enough instincts in the open floor when I watched some of his phantoms footage. His relative inexperience and possibly his frailty have not helped his performance in one or two of the workouts from what I hear, and he is definitely a young project that might not have a sustained career in the NBA and probably wont contribute for a couple of years.. I'm a fan, but it would probably be considered a stretch to take him 7 as of 6/12/2013

I don't think Evans is good enough to consider passing on this guy. He could make Evans redundant.
I think you need to slow down on the Schroeder love. In a weak draft, he's projected to go somewhere in the teens to early 20's. He has potential but needs to do a lot of growing up, physically and emotionally before he really contributes in the nba, let alone makes someone like Evans expendable.

Shroeder's an interesting case. Physically, he has everything you could possibly ask for in a PG. Length, quickness, hops, court vision, he's got the whole package. He's also got that killer instinct that you just know will make him a star. On the other hand, he's rail thin, he plays against weak competition and his decision making really needs to improve-bad shots, stupid pass attempts. I like him, but he'd be a huge reach at 7.

Shroeder's an interesting case. Physically, he has everything you could possibly ask for in a PG. Length, quickness, hops, court vision, he's got the whole package. He's also got that killer instinct that you just know will make him a star. On the other hand, he's rail thin, he plays against weak competition and his decision making really needs to improve-bad shots, stupid pass attempts. I like him, but he'd be a huge reach at 7.
where do you get that bad shot selection stuff from?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Some of the reports coming from the workouts have said that he's struggled when going up against some of the stronger and taller players. Most say they wouldn't take him in the lottery. One said he was a second round pick as far as he was concerned. I really know nothing about the player other than I saw him play in the Nike Summit game, along with some youtube videos, which are worthless. He looked alright in that game, but to be honest, he didn't stand out. The person that impressed me with his passing ability in that game was Sergey Karasev. Although a SF, he passed the ball like a PG.

I think you need to slow down on the Schroeder love. In a weak draft, he's projected to go somewhere in the teens to early 20's. He has potential but needs to do a lot of growing up, physically and emotionally before he really contributes in the nba, let alone makes someone like Evans expendable.
I'm of the firm belief that Schroeder would be a fantastic fit with Cousins. He'll get him a lot of easy buckets. His style would complement Cousins more than Evans' imo. And I think that's what it's all about. The Kings are going as far as Cousins will take them and Schroeder can bring out his best. I think he'd be talked about going quite a bit higher if he had played in the states. His lack of exposure is one of the reasons why he likely will be available at 7.