[Game] Kings @ Warriors 11/02/13 Game Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jimmer's ball handling is at an elite PG level, the excuses regarding his game are all lies. Just lies, that's all. Jimmer's handle has improved tremendously and his supposed lack of handle has always been exaggerated. Jimmer's the best guard on this team, without question. In this wicked world, it doesn't matter what the right thing is. Sometimes the wicked stifle the good sheep illogically and immorally.
This may be the greatest post I have ever read anywhere.

You may very well be correct. I do not know anyone in the organization, all I really know iswaht I read. but at the time the story was:
"After repeated clashes with star point guard Deron Williams and a belief he had become undermined with ownership, Jerry Sloan resigned as the Utah Jazz coach after 23 seasons, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The increasingly contentious relationship between Sloan and Williams boiled over when they clashed at halftime of a loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night. The showdown between Sloan and Williams became so heated on Wednesday, at least two Jazz players feared that the coach and star could come to blows – even though the confrontation ended before reaching that point."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMBIQ_OPb.Ygo3vJI3eyCS8vLYF?slug=aw-sloanretiring021011
And of course the media frequently gets tings wrong.
There is no doubt that Deron and Sloan had clashes. It wasn't the first time that he had clashed with players though. Sloan had the backing of management from the owner on down.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eg-miller-jerry-sloan-deron-williams/2458653/

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What's the trade anything but mclemore I'm not trading him for rondo.
I'd rather see how McLemore evolves. I think this season may be painful for me to watch so watching the development of a guy who could be a very special shooter will keep my interest. Oh, I also enjoy the boogie monster. :)

I'd rather see how McLemore evolves. I think this season may be painful for me to watch so watching the development of a guy who could be a very special shooter will keep my interest. Oh, I also enjoy the boogie monster. :)
I keep reminding myself that we still have our team to be passionate about, and all potential pain never surfaces

I think Malone is in a difficult spot, and not just because of the roster. By his own admittance, he wasn't sure who the starters are besides Boogie. Salmons has been dead weight and Thornton hasn't been much better. Patterson isn't hitting his shot, but he does rotate well and give effort. I also think Patterson is good for chemistry, but I am not sure about John and Marcus.

Malone's problem is if he feels the need to adjust the starters in the next few games, then the players will have flashbacks to Smart/Westphal/Pelican Mascot, and it will give the impression of the "same old same old". He's got to change the culture without making it look like he's using the same old practices that frustrated the roster before.

That's why I feel the team needs some good luck and inward change among the current starters. The team really needs a good shooting night to take some of the pressure off, and I think Vasquez needs to come out at the start of the game as an active player and voice.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Malone's problem is if he feels the need to adjust the starters in the next few games, then the players will have flashbacks to Smart/Westphal/Pelican Mascot, and it will give the impression of the "same old same old". He's got to change the culture without making it look like he's using the same old practices that frustrated the roster before.
Sensing the same problem.

He can get away with eventually sliding Ben into Thornton's spot because everyone knows that's a longterm plan. He might be able to get away with Mbah a Moute eventually taking over for Salmons, because that involves an injured guy who was originally thought to be within the starter scrum. I am HOPING he can get away with moving JT back in ahead of PPat, because the team is virtually the same as it was last year and they are used to the idea of JT as a starter. But I doubt he can get away with multiple of those things, and certainly not a series of other changes. Then it looks like he's just as searching and clueless as Smart was and it undermines his 'we have a plan, follow us" aura.

C

Cold

IT is really making a name for himself as trade bait. Now I don't even know if I want to trade him if we could!
Sell high. I hope IT has a fantastic season so we can trade him. Nate Robinson at his best was far better than IT, and Nate had trouble landing with a team.

C

Cold

Theres nothing to be done about it. These guys have to be broken in. Its hard to erase years of selfish basketball and 0 effort on defense by game 3 of the regular season in the first season of a new regime.
Agreed. Bad habits take a long time to get rid of. Sometimes they don't change, period.
This season, regardless of how many wins and losses, will be used to evaluate character.
Many of these players were on the roster when new management took over. Many won't be here next year.

I think malone is just going to hold some really tough practice sessions and continue to make his expectations clear until we start playing better. I would be shocked to see malone stumbling through awkward lineup changes.

C

Cold

You think that Coach Malone has as much pull and Pop? I am not saying that Coach Malone is wrong but players will only take so much of that no matter who the coach is. I can't see MT or Cousins taking too much of it.
Then they can go. This is the NBA, where players dream to play. Cousins will always have a spot in the NBA due to his talent. But many of these Kings players, are borderline NBA players and can easily disappear from the league if they don't work their asses of.

Marcus Thornton? Who the hell does he think he is? 29 NBA teams could care less about Marcus Thornton.