[Game] Kings vs Spurs 7/15 (Summer League)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Papa with his patented "keep my back to the hoop and move nowhere" post moves results in a defensive 3 second.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The score may only be 4-4, but the team looks more fluid without trying to force feed the ball to WCS as an offensive initiator.

Skal with another smooth turning jumper

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Papa looks a little out of it today. Fumbling some passes. A couple quick fouls. Also took a three (missed)

I'm not saying a SL is what tells you 100% what a player is going to be as a pro, but it's pretty clear Big Papa is the third out of the three first rounders. He has work to do to be even a little effective.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Why does the media always list people like WCS or Skal as just a center. I mean he's sharing the court with Papa, kind of obvious pf/c is his position.
Skal could be a sf. Do I hear deafening roars of derision or a "Hmmmmm! The old guys onto something?" I figure given the skillset Skal has and his slim body, he is more likely to develop an outside shot with an occasional foray to the rim than become a 250 lb hulk.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I would think these are somewhat important minutes for Cousins to prove he can remotely run a team at this level. As in even SL, let alone imagining him generaling the big club.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Is Sim Bhullar still around? Vivek can give him the gig of being Skal's "eating coach".

And wasn't Skal a consensus top 2 pick before his underwhelming collegiate year? Would be pretty neat if he can get his game back on track and live up to his potential on the Kings. Neat enough for me to forgive Vlade picking Big Papa at 13! :p

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is Sim Bhullar still around? Vivek can give him the gig of being Skal's "eating coach".

And wasn't Skal a consensus top 2 pick before his underwhelming collegiate year? Would be pretty neat if he can get his game back on track and live up to his potential on the Kings. Neat enough for me to forgive Vlade picking Big Papa at 13! :p
I think people thought he would be the #1 pick. Let's not mishandle him as we may have done to Hassan Whiteside. I realize Hassan took a long time to become what he is but I thought he lacked motivation. Man, was I wrong.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I realize the announcers have a horrible job as they cannot know these players but they sound like they are reading off of month old scouting reports. Some of these guys are evolving like Malachi for one.