[Game] Kings vs Clippers, Friday 6 Jan 2017, 22:30 ET / 19:30 PT

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Ron, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Don't Make Me Use The Bat Staff Member Contributor

The second statement is jsut dumb. He's been Top 5 most of the year.

The only way to justify it is by adding in "when he's having a bad game", which then applies to all of them. you want a guy who doesn't have a superstar effect on games, go look at Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard. Not Cuz.
    kingsfan1984 and SLAB like this.
  2. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

Cousins sulking after every miss and clippers score does us no favors. Compromised the transition defense on several occasions leading to wide open threes for great shooters, allowed it to snowball.
  3. jcwkings

Whoa. Khawai dominates both ends, especially defensively. He single handedly turned the games on their heads when we played them. Only a fool takes Cousins over Khawai.
    mac, KingMilz and Blob like this.
  4. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

Definitely feels like we're back in the Mitch Richmond days. One all-star surrounded by a poor roster that loses more than it wins, is usually on the lottery and occasionally stumbles into the playoffs with a losing record.

Frustrating.
    SLAB likes this.
  5. Blob

Blob Well-Known Member

Kawhi is the best defense player I have ever seen...and he's no joke on offense. So yeah, you can defend Boogie without diminishing Kawhi, who is basically a machine on both ends of the court. And the Spurs record over the years reflects his robotic execution.
    KingMilz and alonshin like this.
  6. Blob

Blob Well-Known Member

A lot of empty seats to start the 3rd....
  7. Capt. Factorial

Capt. Factorial Cantry Member Staff Member Contributor

That happens every game. Too many food options appears to be the explanation.
  8. Blob

Blob Well-Known Member

Matt Barnes with the desperate brick....Rudy cleans up the mess!!!
  9. Bricklayer

you can see Cuz having to pump himself up to shoot the ball. You know he's fallen out of rhythm when its reached that point.

He looked tired yesterday. If we didn;t need everything, I'd almost wonder about resting him vs. Golden State again. get another recharge during a very likely loss.
    alonshin likes this.
  10. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Hold up... the best defensive player you've ever seen? Leonard is really good, but the best defensive player you've ever seen? Kawhi Leonard might only be the third-best defender in the history of the San Antonio Spurs.
    VF21 likes this.
  11. New Era

New Era Well-Known Member

Why does DeMarcus shoot T's? Gay and Collison both are at 85% on the year and he's at 78%.
  12. Mr. S£im Citrus

How do you like how quick Napear was to assume that T was on Cousins? :rolleyes:
    Suicide King likes this.
  13. New Era

His act is so old
  14. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd rather be a 5 win team without him being mean.
    HndsmCelt likes this.
  15. New Era

Can you blame him?
  16. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

I wonder when they will add the other point for that 3 that Barnes made. They only counted it as a 2..
  17. jcwkings

Four point play the Cousins way.
  18. Bricklayer

we just can;t get over the hump, but this is why I was saying that 2nd quarter didn't feel as bad as it did disastrous. Meaning, it felt like just a freaky loss of shooting touch that spread teamwide, rather than us not getting good shots or being competitive with this team. Turn the page, and we are right back in it.
  19. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

TRADE DMC
  20. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Well-Known Member

It's a game of disjointed runs. 73-73 at the moment.
  21. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

At what point does Christie permanently take over
  22. HndsmCelt

HndsmCelt Well-Known Member

His act NEVER gets old
    SLAB likes this.
  23. Mr. S£im Citrus

Not even saying you don't have a point, but I can't help but notice that Cousins had 6/3/3/1 through the first nine minutes of the quarter, and all you can be bothered to talk about is what he did wrong.
    NewArena and SLAB like this.
  24. Sluggah

Sluggah Well-Known Member

I like rebounding Cousins.
    alonshin likes this.
  25. HndsmCelt

HndsmCelt Well-Known Member

That hole
    your talking about is the pile of dirt from the hole we dug
  26. New Era

He's a special basketball player. No doubt. He doesn't have the mental toughness to be great. Hell, even if he had average mental toughness he could be one of the greats and lead us to 45+ win seasons.

Just look at how he ended that quarter. He gets obsessed with the refs and it consumes him. Definition of insanity....
  27. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

Clips toying with us... how much confidence do I have in a win here? Clips have game by the neck being up 3
  28. Mr. S£im Citrus

If, by "ended the quarter," you mean the final two minutes, IIRC he scored three points on 1-2 shooting, and had two rebounds.

EDIT - Look, I'm not even saying that the technical wasn't stupid, and what have you. It just seems to me that, when it comes to Cousins, you come into games determined to find something to be mad about.
    SLAB and alonshin like this.
  29. New Era

I just want him to STFU and play basketball. Is that too much to ask?
  30. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

Clippers making all their three's in this fourth....can't overcome it