[Game] Kings vs. Blazers Game Thread 3-2-11

Who will get Bricky's highest grade for this game?

• Beno Udrih

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Marcus Thornton

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Demarcus Cousins

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Omri Casspi

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
This is my first non pre-season game thread, so be easy on me. *Excellent game on Monday, whether we stay or we go, I was glad to get that lump in my throat when they showed Golden Era highlights.

I urge you all to stick by this franchise, I know I know, for some it may be impossible, but I would argue some of our best fans do not live in Sacramento. (Whatever you do don't read Sac Bee comments or Facebook comments if your on the fence about this team)*

Tomorrow I turn 24, and my best man for my upcoming wedding is treating me to Burgers and lower level seats. (he also almost broke Mayor Johnson's scoring record for our high school tournament in Orangevale).

This game is just as winnable as Mondays, and if we can keep Aldridge from getting his little 20 footers, and also keep Wallace from returning the posterizing favor on our new favorite guard, we will be in good shape.

Here is what happened last season when Mr. Gerald Wallace got in Thornton's way. (Was that an Ilysova'esque forearm shiver at the end? Uh oh)

---
JT- Throw it down big man. (Where have I heard that before?)
Demarcus- I will take you over Oden 11 times out of 10 Boogie. *Keep your chin up, get back on D.
Omri- How about another alley pop for my b-day?
Beno- We need you in this one, keep distributing.
Other JT- No pressure, keep playing hard, we love it.
Sammy D- I hope you didn't give Reynolds the go ahead for "Sammy Slammy". *Just awful.
Luther Head- You'll probably have a DNP tomorrow.
Donte- check out Thornton's Twitter, he's @Lil_Buckets. *Hasn't tweeter in over a year.
Pooh- I am sorry you get 0 minutes on my 2K11 franchise. You deserve better.
Marcus- Buy Tyreke a steak dinner, he needs to pass you the rock when he gets back.
Rest- Mateen (I always thought that was clever when Piksi did these threads)

---

Sorry, no rewards considering I only know what half of the abbreviations mean.

Beat Portland! *Just lay off their knees, they have had enough bad luck with them already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hey all, I'm coming in to close it off with awards. (Big thanks to MANDry for filling in for me, the quarter is coming to an end and I am swamped in both work stuff and college stuff)

AWARD TIME:
TDM: Mo "Thank God I'm out of Cleveland" Williams
JHA: DeMarcus. While not absolutely terrible, he was barely adequate for most of the night. And took FT lessons with Shaq.
Mikki: DeAndre Jordan. Had one dunk with authority. Promptly followed it up by laying a goose egg at the line.
SAR: Chris Kaman plays basketball with the sublime grace of a one-winged Christmas goose.
RA&1: Blake Griffin, who scored all of his points off of either (a) megadunks or (b)getting the refs the bail him out.
Luke-Walton VC: Craig Smith's only redeeming asset appears to be the fact that he is roughly the size of a bull moose... and has about as much basketball talent as one too.
WTF Moment: Arco plays loud music whenever we try to get a chant going.
WTF Moment 2: Westphal actually uses a line-up that makes sense for once.

MVP: Here We Stay

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Looks like the crowd is a lot smaller than Monday's game.
The opening shots are filmed well before game time, so the stands usually haven't filled yet. We'll see.

Will there be a PBP logo on the floor? Presumably the ARCO logo will be gone...

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Re: Donte's red shoes, I thought all the players on the team had to wear the same color shoes?
I seem to recall someone taking a sharpie or marker to color their shoes correctly...