[Game] Kings v. Wizards - Sunday, Oct. 29 - 3 PT

Will John Wall be the latest victim of Foxitis?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
John Wall and the Wizards roll into town on Sunday with the germs of Foxitis in the air. Will he succumb?

Okay seriously, I want to see DeFox face a premiere PG. I don't expect miracles but I truly believe we'll get at least a glimpse of what might be in his (and our) future.

As of right now, the only person on the Wizards listed as "game time decision" is Mahimini and that could easily change by Sunday.

The Kings should be at full strength (with the exception of Giles). I know the lineup most likely won't change but I'd sure like to see Joerger show no hesitation in making some early substitutions if they start out slowly. Sunday matinee games over the years just don't seem to be good for the Kings. Too many times we've seen them start out slow and never find their pace.

If you're gonna be at the game, send some pics of the inside of G1C. I know there are a lot of fans who haven't yet been able to get there. A venue that incredible definitely needs to be seen.

GO KINGS!!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wiz coming off a loss to a Lakers team they didn't take serious until it was too late. I don't see them making the same mistake here, Kings are competitive at home so far so I don't expect a thrashing.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm eagerly awaiting a true "break out" game from Bogs. He's flashed some real talent, only a matter of time until he drops 20/5/5 on some team.

Besides that, more minutes for Fox (who was iffy last time out, but I reckon I can allow a 19 year old rookie some iffy games) and Skal please!

If the Wizards play like they did against the Warriors, they will thrash us by 30. They faded down the end thanks in part to MY MAN Omri Casspi stepping up off the bench and Grade A balling on both ends! Otto Porter is looking worth every penny of the max deal he signed with the Nets, rejected from us and matched by the Wizards. The guy is smooth and pure. Man, I wish we could have got him. Kelly Oubre Jr is underrated baller. Gortat is THE blueprint for who Papa G should aspire to be. He runs pick and roll beautifully with Wall. Gortat stays in his lane. He has good hands. Papa G has to become the physical specimen that Gortat is, around 12% body fat, then hopefully the rest will fall into place.

Wall is THE blueprint for De'Aaron because even when he is NOT making his shot, as the case vs Lakers and Warriors, he draws and dishes beautifully. Wall likes to drive left and finish left. This ability to go to the off-hand is a MUST to be a premium PG to keep the opponent off balance and be unpredictable. Wall also gets the defender on his hip, he turns the corner then pins his man in place of weakness so he can survey dish or finish. De'Aaron will be doing all of this too, he has the same instincts and coordination with either hand. :)

Sadly if we cannot beat the Pelicans with Boogie and a bunch of G-Leaguers I don't like our chances tomorrow, unless we mix up the starters. Its going to happen eventually, why not just make the changes now before the season goes down the drain?!??!

Starters
De'Aaaron
Buddy
Boggy
Skal
Willie

Back-Ups
Mason
Hill
Temple
Giles :)
Z-Bo / Papa G

There's justification to yank Hill from starting spot not as a "demotion" but because he is struggling and he may end his struggles with new "spark plug" role. This is how you sell it to him and his aghast agent. ;) . Z-Bong goes to the bench for obvious reasons and Jackson follows so first and second unit that you trot out there are "swapped" to remain a degree of continuity. Again, this is how you sell it to keep feathers from getting excessively ruffled. Z-Bong, if he is going to play, belongs as a back-up center with Malachi or Mason sliding into a small ball line-up with Koufos benched..

Joerger will NOT do any of this. He is uninventive and stubborn and living in the past. Good times!

Change is afoot, maybe (?)

I just read on Rotoworld George Hill and ZBo are both out for rest on Sunday.

I do wish Koufos was getting a "breather" as well. I'm ready for our lumbering, unathletic backup center to be PapaG.

----

Here's tweet confirmation from Ham.

http://twitter.com/James_HamNBCS/status/924393956682563585
Interesting take. A package of Zbo and Hill for some young players would be very enticing to any team expecting to make a playoff push this year. Perhaps we've already seen enough of Fox (and Mason and Bogs) to give them the run of the guard slots.

Interesting take. A package of Zbo and Hill for some young players would be very enticing to any team expecting to make a playoff push this year. Perhaps we've already seen enough of Fox (and Mason and Bogs) to give them the run of the guard slots.
If the Nets are above .400 by the time we can trade Hill, I'd trade him both of them to the Cavs for the Nets pick...

please don't decrease your trade value Hill....

If the Nets are above .400 by the time we can trade Hill, I'd trade him both of them to the Cavs for the Nets pick...

please don't decrease your trade value Hill....
Be hard for Hill to decrease his value being such an established and steady player in the league. Bench role would be understandable around the league if Fox continues to have a breakout rookie season. Will show he can contribute w/o being main point guard, a role he'll likely play on a top tier team.

Be hard for Hill to decrease his value being such an established and steady player in the league. Bench role would be understandable around the league if Fox continues to have a breakout rookie season. Will show he can contribute w/o being main point guard, a role he'll likely play on a top tier team.
Utah George Hill is worth the Nets pick. This George Hill is worth Iman Shumpert.

I think we'll easily find suitors for Hill by the deadline, but I don't think we'll find anyone willing to give up 1st rounders.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wall is THE blueprint for De'Aaron because even when he is NOT making his shot, as the case vs Lakers and Warriors, he draws and dishes beautifully. Wall likes to drive left and finish left. This ability to go to the off-hand is a MUST to be a premium PG to keep the opponent off balance and be unpredictable. Wall also gets the defender on his hip, he turns the corner then pins his man in place of weakness so he can survey dish or finish. De'Aaron will be doing all of this too, he has the same instincts and coordination with either hand.

Starters
De'Aaaron
Buddy
Boggy
Skal
Willie

Back-Ups
Mason
Hill
Temple
Giles
Z-Bo / Papa G
Totally agree with your assessment of the DeFox/Wall comparisons.

As far as your starters, go I'm still in favor of
Fox
Bogs
Temple
Skal
WCS

Why? I think we need Temple's maturity out there with the kids. Also, I'm just not that impressed with Hield at this point in time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Fox
Bogs
Temple
Skal
WCS

Why? I think we need Temple's maturity out there with the kids. Also, I'm just not that impressed with Hield at this point in time.
I totally agree... & Maybe letting Hield be a Crawford type ultra 6th man chucker off the bench will be best for him.

I'm eagerly awaiting a true "break out" game from Bogs. He's flashed some real talent, only a matter of time until he drops 20/5/5 on some team.

Besides that, more minutes for Fox (who was iffy last time out, but I reckon I can allow a 19 year old rookie some iffy games) and Skal please!
Some one has to pass him the ball when he’s standing alone at the 3 point line first.

What circumstances? The starting unit is weak offensively and begging for his input. Some might say getting paid 20 a year is a circumstance. But as of now he isn’t worth a first, we really need him to pick up his play
An entire established team and culture. He was part of that in Utah. It takes YEARS to create. 5 games into a brand new project is an entirely different set of circumstances. He's also widely considered THE best teammate in the league. You cannot get a more stable, high character, fundamentally sound point guard in Hill.

Fox
Bogs
Temple
Skal
WCS

I am fine with your line-up too, , but I think Buddy could benefit tremendously from the draw and kick ability of Bogs and Fox.

With these guys are our best creators, I think you want the guy on the receiving end of these sweet dimes to be Buddy more often than Temple.

Temple has improved his offense, but he's not nearly as skilled and prone to lights-out streaks like Buddy Buckets.

The concept that George Hill has lost trade value 5 games into his Kings career is comically absurd.
I feel there's something we are not being told about resting these guys so soon.

Was there a flare up between player and coach that led to this decision?

Was there discussion about moving them to the bench over which they did not take too kindly???

It seems strange to rest these guys 6 games into the season AFTER two off-days and AFTER shortened training camp when neither Z-Bong or Hill was on the floor much.

Regardless, it doesn't bode well.