[Game] Kings v. Wizards - 3/10/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Affalo earning (stealing) that 12M by helping us to secure our draft pick....I used to say about Scrub Thompson of China League fame and basically waived off three teams in under one year that the best a bad player can do is help you to lose respectfully...

Affalo helped us lose respectfully with one of his best performances of the year...18/2/1 .... that's about all you are going to get from him.....thanks man! And thanks to genius who thought it was a good idea to bring in this washed up zero instead of signing Seth Curry for less than half the cost.

The team is now 5 back, and I think that's the number where the playoffs are distant, which means I hope to see our youth (Papa etc)
I still find it hilarious that Joerger goes back to his vets expecting them to be able to close out the game, but they never do..and we lose anyways. oh well.

Papagiannis might not see any minutes this year unless 6-7 players are injured. I'm confident that Joerger would rather play Temple at C before he even thinks about Papagiannis.

I still find it hilarious that Joerger goes back to his vets expecting them to be able to close out the game, but they never do..and we lose anyways. oh well.

Papagiannis might not see any minutes this year unless 6-7 players are injured. I'm confident that Joerger would rather play Temple at C before he even thinks about Papagiannis.
Papiagnis isn't ready for big minutes. If he gets more playing time than he is ready for, it's only going to destroy his confidence.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
You might not want to hold your breath. Joerger isn't going to just start giving the rooks extended minutes - nor should he. PROPER development is infinitely more important than just running up minutes.
You are absolutely correct. The point for those of us who want two first round picks (we could have lost ours if we won too many) and want a high pick are now in a position to breath a sigh of relief. It was a great game like that one against the Spurs, I think, where we played a great game and lost at the end. We play a good team game considering Buddy and Tyreke are new to the team. If we can keep a few of these guys together and not redo over half the team, we can develop as a team. We need a star but what we have isn't bad if it is the future that is of concern.

I was cheering for a win but a loss isn't bad either.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Those of us who never doubted after the trade that we will keep our pick and that it will be high are pleasantly surprised by the competitiveness of the old leftovers and youth.
We need a major stud who can score as I think Buddy will be a great scorer also - not Steph and Klay skilled but very skilled. As much as people think this team is awful, I don't agree. If we are lucky and I think there is a high chance of that, we may get another stud or maybe even two in the next draft.

We lost. Wizards are better than the Kings. Experience showed, as did inexperience.
The Kings are consistently losing these games because they no longer have a consistent scoring/playmaking option when the going gets tough. When teams tighten up the defense in the final 5-6 minutes, they wilt. All this "fun" offensive style Peaches keeps raving about goes by the wayside because the opposition actually starts playing defense and nobody on the floor wearing a Kings uni can consistently make plays regardless what the defense does. We've seen the same 'Lather, rinse, repeat" scenario the past few games against Utah, San Antonio and now Washington.

If you're pulling for the tank, these are good losses. At least they're keeping it close while upping their draft chances.

Hield and Skal with great first halves and equally as bad seconds.

WCS finally manned up and went after some rebounds. Good to see.

McLemore went 0 for 4 in the first half but went 3-5 in the second for 11 points. Picked up where Buddy left off.

We need a major stud who can score as I think Buddy will be a great scorer also - not Steph and Klay skilled but very skilled. As much as people think this team is awful, I don't agree. If we are lucky and I think there is a high chance of that, we may get another stud or maybe even two in the next draft.
Absolutely needed.
Even if we end up from this and the next draft with 3 players of WCS/Malachi/Skal level we will have a long way to go (unless Skal really blossoms).
Without go to star, we can play free flowing team game with some success like several young teams (Philly, Miami, T-Wolves). However when the other team gets serious, the talent level is exposed.

If we do not get future all-star in this draft and next, we are pretty much done talking playoff till 2021-22 season at the earliest. No choice anymore, all eggs are in one basket.