Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hsssssssssss

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I don't see what the big deal is.

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It's disheartening seeing how awful Fox can be. Obviously he isn't ready to be handed the reigns yet, but I have very little worries about him long-term or even short-term. He'll be fine.

Buddy Hield on the other hand... he looks like he's just a terrible basketball player. He can get hot, and it's nice when he does. But he's not good enough at the rest of the game. I truly think Jamal Crawford super sixth man is best case for him, and something we should be grooming him as.

Bogdan looks like our best player, and I think he will be before too long. He's steady. He plays like a vet. I like him a lot. Start him ASAP.

Skal and WCS should never ever play together. I would prefer Skal to somehow start and get more minutes because his upside is far higher than Willie's. Willie has his moments, but I think he is what he is. Mostly Mikki Moore (thanks whoever made that comparison in the game thread) with flashes of... a better Mikki Moore.

Koufos' play makes my eyes bleed. He manages his workmanlike numbers, but I will continue to complain about it every single step of the way. He does have a place somewhere in the league. It's just not on a 15 win team. Absolutely unneeded.

Sucks that Mason won't get minutes as long as Hill's around. He's also solid.

Mali and JJ... whatever.

Temple/Carter... whatever.

PapaG/Sampson, free them. I want Sampson's brand of unskilled Crash Wallace diving and flailing all over the place every game, if only for a few minutes. And PapaG may be terrible. But let's play him to see if he really is worth keeping around and developing. It's not like the team is going anywhere, so it's worth giving backup C minutes to the kid.

Going into the season if you told me Bogdan would be our best player I would have never believed it, but on the 29th/10/2017 if you told me the same thing I would tell you that your 100% correct. He needs to lead this team in shots and have the offense run through him and Fox. He's just rock solid on both ends and is the only player currently both physical and mentally fit to be a starter in the NBA. He would have been a amazing fit on a OKC/Clippers

Hield is looking like the 2nd coming of Jason Thompson (guard version)so far with just beyond awful hands and decision making. I've never seen a guard with hands as bad as Buddy (did he have that issue in college?).

Give Bogs a chance. He has been in the US for less than a month (or so) and has played in 3 NBA games. I have no doubts that he will fit into the scheme things very quickly. He reminds me a lot of Peja when he first got here, and that seemed to work out pretty well.
Oh I'm not knocking the guy at all. I think being more aggressive will transform him from a solid roleplayer to a team leader. He has a great shot and I'd like to see him pull the trigger more often on it and I'm sure he will once he gets acclimated a bit better. He was shooting from Curry range in Europe here and there.

I'm kind of worried about Carter. Was really excited to have him here, but I think he instantly realized how bad of a fit it is and is uncomfortable. I mean we aren't playing any sort of winning basketball, so he's trying to revert back to his old self and make things happen (aka 25 year old moves in a 40 yo body) instead of playing within himself and the offense (which we don't have). That and just being twice everyone's age and the up and comers can't really relate with Vince (positions and style of play)

Can't blame him, but it's hard to watch and probably the end for him.
I have heard the plan is for Vince to transition to Assistant Coach when he is ready. The man is amazing to be playing at 40 years old. No need to worry as no one can fool father time forever.

Some of us got what we wanted. Fox and Bogdan inserted in the starting lineup. It would be fair to say that Fox is not ready for playing against an all-star that is just as fast as he is. Bogdan on the other hand appears ready to play against anyone. I hope he gets more minutes.

This game might alleviate some of the discussion about Coach J and his rotations. He is doing the best he can with what he has.

The Kings's seemed to panic in the first quarter and never recovered. Their confidence went out the window. I did not see much leadership to get it back. Bogdon came the closest.
I believe that the team needs to watch the tape of this game carefully, especially the first half so they can avoid their mistakes.

I hope this game is a wake up call and not a demoralizer.

All I got to say about that is, it's a process. There are going to be more ugly, ugly, games. Progress will be slow, but have patience (a lot of patience), it will come. It's hard to give individual grades when they looked so bad as a team. Lack of teamwork makes the individual players look bad. Maybe some people will stop complaining about rotations and let the coach manage the teams development. It was pretty obvious that the veteran presence adds something. All young guns starting lineup that everybody has been clamoring about was over whelmed. The team has a lot of growing to do including the veterans. You can't just throw a mix of players together (rookies and inexperienced young guys, with a sprinkling of veterans who haven't played together) like this team has and expect them to have any continuity this early into the season. The youth need to grow and develop, the veterans need to figure out where fit in the mix. Everybody needs to learn the offensive sets, defensive rotations, etc. and how they fit into that. Right now it looks like chaos. I wouldn't expect anything less at this point.

I am curious how Bogdan and Hill will pair. Hill plays better with a 2 who can be a secondary playmaker. Bogdan is that kind of player whereas Fox and Buddy aren’t really all around guards. Buddy may also play better off the bench without being “the guy”. I think Buddy just puts too much pressure on himself.

I agree. Good thing is right now he's learning how to be a balanced 2 instead of just a pure shooter and it's a difficult curve so we are seeing those struggles right now. Long term he'll be a fantastic guard to bring off the bench.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm kind of worried about Carter. Was really excited to have him here, but I think he instantly realized how bad of a fit it is and is uncomfortable. I mean we aren't playing any sort of winning basketball, so he's trying to revert back to his old self and make things happen (aka 25 year old moves in a 40 yo body) instead of playing within himself and the offense (which we don't have). That and just being twice everyone's age and the up and comers can't really relate with Vince (positions and style of play)

Can't blame him, but it's hard to watch and probably the end for him.
Vince Carter knew exactly what he was getting into. He's been in the league for longer than some of these kids have been able to walk. I'm not sure what you're watching or seeing, but the idea that the kids can't relate to him is ridiculous. They KNOW who he is. How could they not? He's VINCE FREAKING CARTER. If thre's any rookie on our team who doesn't think they can learn something from him, they need to be put on the next bus out of town.

I'm not sure why a couple of posters around here can't or won't recognize the value of having someone like Carter on our team, but it's getting kind of tiresome.

Vince Carter knew exactly what he was getting into. He's been in the league for longer than some of these kids have been able to walk. I'm not sure what you're watching or seeing, but the idea that the kids can't relate to him is ridiculous. They KNOW who he is. How could they not? He's VINCE FREAKING CARTER. If thre's any rookie on our team who doesn't think they can learn something from him, they need to be put on the next bus out of town.

I'm not sure why a couple of posters around here can't or won't recognize the value of having someone like Carter on our team, but it's getting kind of tiresome.
Notice I put in parenthesis 'positions and style of play', obviously they know who he is and can learn, and I love him on the team, I'm saying I'm worried FOR him and what he's asked to do on the court...he's not really thrown into a situation to set things up and guide the players along in a good offense, he's sort of asked to just play like he's 25 and hope for the best.