[Game] Kings v. Warriors - 12/1/13 - 3 p.m. (PST)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We were never the "Kansas City Royals." the Royals-to-Kings name change was simultaneous with the move from Cincinnati.
Sob! I suppose that means I'm wrong. Let me think. It might be Seattle but I can't come up with an original name. There is a glimmer of light in my brain but its a 15 watt bulb.

The Royals play baseball don't they? So did the Monarchs but the Monarchs also played basketball.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why in the hell would Detroit trade Drummond? Short of him announcing publicly that he refuses to re-sign, I imagine that we'd have to pry him from Dumars' cold, dead hands.

Al horford or Larry Sanders are names that come to my mind and ATL might just be interested in having two top five picks in the draft, just saying.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
It's funny because it looks like such a weak move. Barely any extension on it, no shake or anything like that, but it works so darn well because Cousins has such a wide body that prevents the defender from blocking it.
It's most similar to Zack Randolph. Use your width to get the shot up rather than athleticism.

Very valuable move to have. Not a move which will decline with age/athleticism until he simply can't play anymore.

As an aside, coach/IT/GV need to start getting Cuz the godd**n ball iso'd in the post much more frequently. With the game on the line he's our go to guy and that's what we run. It's happened repeatedly under Malone. However, there's large chunks of every game where we're just watching our guards dribble in circles, looking to pass to anyone but Cuz, or IT just forcing it as he goes into hero mode. During these chunks of the game when Cuz does get touches it's usually elbow extended without having near the space he does operating in the post with a side cleared. Why we go to it so little is an important question. Why neither of our PG's appear to recognize the weapon we have is just as important of a question to ask. We feed Cuz in the post regularly and our record likely has a few more checks in the win column.

There's zero reason why the last two plays ran for Cuz, iso'd against Bogut can't be a regular occurrence if only our PG's would wake the hell up and play to our only advantage.

why would they regret it? they got injury discount and hes been 100% healthy this year. 3 of their 4 centers have missed significant time. bogut has been the lone healthy and most impactful big on the team. bogut hasn't looked this good since 2009. that 12 mil a year is a freaking bargain.
It has been 15-20 games. He can't shoot a free throw.

I didn't say it was a bad signing - just not sure of the timing. Save all the 680 Rod and Fitz spiel. I generally like Bogut and his borderline bad boy play (especially come playoff time), but seeing him healthy in the playoffs before locking him up for 3 years in a league that utilizes a 'soft' cap might be the better play - no one will know 'til that time comes, hence the 'wondering'. It's a gamble, right? I know Bogut is your boy, and you make great points for locking him up early. Only time reveals the correct play. Let's see what happens.

I've been very unpleasantly surprised to see Vasquez going away from that lately, particularly since that's practically the only thing he's good for.
Did you notice that Vazquez was being bypassed on the outlet pass yesterday? I saw a lot of other players bring the ball up rather than hand the ball over to Greivis ... maybe I was just seeing things. Not impressed with his 'setting up the offense' the last couple games - seems like he isn't into the games lately. Maybe the other players aren't happy with it either.

Don't forget that they are missing Iggy and Douglas. Can't say too much about Douglas, but Iggy definitely makes a huge difference for them.
They are clearly a stronger team with iggy. Much stronger.
Did you notice that Vazquez was being bypassed on the outlet pass yesterday? I saw a lot of other players bring the ball up rather than hand the ball over to Greivis ... maybe I was just seeing things. Not impressed with his 'setting up the offense' the last couple games - seems like he isn't into the games lately. Maybe the other players aren't happy with it either.
He's just crazy slow. He can pass, but how can he run with mclemore and Williams? Well, he can't. IT can, but won't. See the issue?

They are clearly a stronger team with iggy. Much stronger.

He's just crazy slow. He can pass, but how can he run with mclemore and Williams? Well, he can't. IT can, but won't. See the issue?
Quite the conundrum indeed; do we have the ability to combine two people into one yet? I'm hoping for that, because it would also open up another roster spot :D