[Game] Kings v. Thunder - 1/15/17 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We lose either way, but what situation is more promising? honestly questioning that.
DMC. We have the star. That's the hardest part of the equation.

We trade him for prospects and picks, we lose the one big thing we have going for us. It's a massive IF whatever we get become anything near what we already have. I don't see the grass greener on the other side.

DMC himself keeps us in 30 win "purgatory".
We're a 10-15 win team without him, and then its tank and pray for a star. We have the star. We have to continue to try to build around him.

*Teams played on the homestand: Warriors, Cavs, Clippers, Thunder, Heat, Pistons. That Heat loss is still inexcusable but let's not act like this homestand consisted of exclusively games against the Brooklyn Nets.
I dont think anyones acting like they were all against the nets but alot of those teams we havent seen at their place yet so if you want playoffs you have to get at least 1 or 2 vs the heavy hitters at home or those playoff odds go way way down as we probably wont beat those teams at their respective places.

Every game I'm going over whether Gay needs to be left by the side of the road

One part of me is saying that he's still out of shape from injury and needs some more consistency. The other part of me... he's tough to watch now

The time for trading him for value may have passed, so I guess we will find out as season goes

We trade him for prospects and picks, we lose the one big thing we have going for us. It's a massive IF whatever we get become anything near what we already have. I don't see the grass greener on the other side.

We're a 10-15 win team without him, and then its tank and pray for a star. We have the star. We have to continue to try to build around him.
I'd rather really suck, Philadelphia 76ers suck, for 3-5 years than be stuck where we have been for the last decade. I just can't even see a direction we are going......

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I dont think anyones acting like they were all against the nets but alot of those teams we havent seen at their place yet so if you want playoffs you have to get at least 1 or 2 vs the heavy hitters at home or those playoff odds go way way down as we probably wont beat those teams at their respective places.
No, I completely agree. But the Warriors and Cavs games were pretty much guaranteed losses coming in (both of those teams were coming in wanting to prove something after bad previous games). That Clippers game could've and should've been a win (I'd also put tonight in that category). And once again, that Heat game is inexcusable.

Not sure (big if) we have the means to build around him that aligns with his peak years so its looking more more likely that we see a bunch more 30-35 win 8-10 draft pick years up ahead and thats depressing.

Serious question, would you guys rather:

A) finish 36-46, make the playoffs, lose draft pick
B) finish 33-49, miss the playoffs, lose draft pick
C) finish 30-52, miss the playoffs, keep draft pick

Any 3 of these could be a realistic possibility. Is it really worth the gamble trying to make 8th seed...and just barely failing?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
40 games in and I'm still mad that Afflalo and Barnes are on this team. They're just not good NBA players at this point in their careers and that counts for more where it matters (in wins and losses) than whatever they're bringing to the locker room. I don't know that we'd be better if their minutes were distributed to Omri Casspi and Ben McClemore or Malachi Richardson. But I do know that they're not helping the cause if the goal is to win enough games to make the playoffs. Give those roster spots to anyone who's at least on an upward trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.