[Game] Kings v. Suns - 4/11/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Absolutely terrible night across the league so far - Wolves and Mavs -, so I hope the tank gods will be on our side tonight too
Tank gods? I believe the Nietzsche quote "Gott ist tot" was taken out of context. He was actually referring to the 1882 draft and insinuating that to tank was to submit oneself to the existential condition whereby there is no God, only deep despair and endless futility. Indeed the German word 'gottloss' is exactly the etymological origin for the modern term 'woss'.

I gotta excuse myself... I'm hating every single ounce of this 9-0 run... every ounce... I'm pissed, I'm mad, I'm going crazy, I'm out.
I'm aware that it isn't healthy!

No point worrying about the tank at this point..2 top 10 picks is plenty to work with.

We were out sucked. Big whoop. I'm not gonna sit here and hold out hope we lose to the Suns at home.

Hope Skal drops 4o and we dominate.
Things get more tricky if we win the next game too and then lose coin toss and end up at the 10th place.
Too close to losing a pick.

It really would. If we lose two games our highest possible pick is 6th (we would need the Knicks to beat Philadelphia tomorrow). If we win even one game our pick moves into a tie with Dallas for 8/9 with a 50% chance that we pick 9th. That's a difference of 4 picks. The odds of us moving up (and getting Philly's #5 pick) are effectively nil at #9. At #6 it would be almost 20%. I mean I do understand wanting to see the team win regardless, but it absolutely matters for our draft seeding. If you like the PGs in this draft, we do not want to be picking 9th. It's very likely they're all gone by then.
It all makes sense to me but no matter how much its explained, there are people who would rather see wins.
Yes tanking SUCKS but it is the system we're stuck with. Other teams are more forward thinking than the kings. If the kings were serious whatsoever vlade would have done what CD said the day demarcus was traded. He would have gotten rid of all of our vets and forced joeger to play his rooks exclusively. Oh well. We'll win tonight. Some will be happy till they see the results on draft day.

Que sera sera..........

Spent the entire last game in the Sierra Nevada Draught house. I think thats the best place to watch the game, belly up to the stand up bar.....

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It all makes sense to me but no matter how much its explained, there are people who would rather see wins.
Yes tanking SUCKS but it is the system we're stuck with. Other teams are more forward thinking than the kings. If the kings were serious whatsoever vlade would have done what CD said the day demarcus was traded. He would have gotten rid of all of our vets and forced joeger to play his rooks exclusively. Oh well. We'll win tonight. Some will be happy till they see the results on draft day.

Que sera sera..........
I'll be happy as long as the rooks play hard and stay competitive. And you know what? I'll be happy on draft day regardless. Que sera sera indeed. :p

People were making fun of Papa's papa for saying Papa was better than Dragan Bender but at this point I might have to agree.
Yea he is. At the very least with papa, he's show he can be a big ass dude who can clog the paint and foul you 6 times. You're just hoping the building AC doesn't blow Bender off the court from him