[Game] Kings v. Suns - 2/3/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? People say that about any franchise that has a surplus of young talent. Nothing about this Suns team stands out as far as young teams go. Chriss and Bender have proven nothing and may never prove anything, Booker's good but I don't think he's spectacular, and don't say TJ Warren... Meanwhile, they might have the worst coach in the NBA and their management is just as bad as ours. If you think the grass is greener in Phoenix you're not paying attention.

But I know people like to play the woe is us card after losses like this and then talk up other podunk franchises like the Suns as if we're unworthy to be in their presence.
lol I don't like Watson but worst coach in the NBA? For a 1st year coach (his first full season) with such a young roster? I don't think half the team can legally drink alcohol.

But I don't care, criticize Watson all you want cause I'll admit he isn't good.

But the management? Lol. Yeah McDonough made a horrible 3 way trade in the IT/Knight/LAL pick fiasco but that's about the only thing he's whiffed horribly. He made some errors in the Morris twins situation but that's errors that everyone makes and even then he salvaged that into turning a disgruntled Markieff Morris into a lottery pick and that lottery pick into Marqueese Chriss who will be playing in the Rising Stars game in Carolina. He took over the worst roster in the league and turned into one with a borderline all star in Eric Bledsoe, a rising star in Booker and some other raw prospects with good promise and potential in Warren, Chriss and Bender. The Suns aren't the TWolves or the Bucks but the Suns front office isn't as bad you make it out to be.

I'm not gonna comment on the Kings front office because I don't want to be seen as trying to talk s**t. Only thing I wanna do is educate you on your ignorant and invalidated views of the Suns franchise.

He's 20yearsold trying to carry an entire franchise on his back. The guy has scored 15 20pt games in a row...in his 2nd year. 2nd best of all time. You know the only player who has more? Lebron. I'm not saying he's going to be Lebron, or even the next best player..but he's truly special.

He plays nothing like Martin....... dude. Booker is doing all of this at the age of 20. You know what Martin was doing? Playing college. It wasn't till Martin was 23 where he truly broke out. Booker is going to end up better than him.
Thank you.

To be fair when your getting propaganda from a clueless GM there is little point studying, George Karl saw through all the BS that was going on and wanted change but sadly a idiot Owner/GM wanted to stay on the path they were on and here we are.

There's only one man that can fix this mess his name is Sam Hinkie there will be short term pain but we might finally get long term prosperity.
Good lord, George Karl apologism. George Karl went behind the backs of the actual GM in order to make calls, completely inexcusable. Not to mention his idea of change was trading the franchise player for Lawson and Faried.

And, **** Hinkie. I don't care if it nets us the robotic hybrid of MJ and Lebron. It's a disgrace what happened in Philly even if their future looks brighter for it. If it comes down to Hinkie and he pulls that, just... **** that. I don't care how much success it brings.

Last edited:
lol I don't like Watson but worst coach in the NBA? For a 1st year coach (his first full season) with such a young roster? I don't think half the team can legally drink alcohol.

But I don't care, criticize Watson all you want cause I'll admit he isn't good.

But the management? Lol. Yeah McDonough made a horrible 3 way trade in the IT/Knight/LAL pick fiasco but that's about the only thing he's whiffed horribly. He made some errors in the Morris twins situation but that's errors that everyone makes and even then he salvaged that into turning a disgruntled Markieff Morris into a lottery pick and that lottery pick into Marqueese Chriss who will be playing in the Rising Stars game in Carolina. He took over the worst roster in the league and turned into one with a borderline all star in Eric Bledsoe, a rising star in Booker and some other raw prospects with good promise and potential in Warren, Chriss and Bender. The Suns aren't the TWolves or the Bucks but the Suns front office isn't as bad you make it out to be.

I'm not gonna comment on the Kings front office because I don't want to be seen as trying to talk s**t. Only thing I wanna do is educate you on your ignorant and invalidated views of the Suns franchise.
Dude, they extended Watson and assembled that atrocious, mismatched roster in the first place, and having some young players doesn't change my opinion on how the Suns are run, especially when I've made it clear I don't believe in several of the prospects they have anyway when compared to some other teams.

Sorry, this doesn't change my opinion that they're any less of a garbage franchise than we are.

Anthony Tolliver is by all accounts a nice man, but he's a dreadful NBA player.
Lol. You mean the same Tolliver described below?

And Tolliver isn't a "bit of" a stretch 4. he's kind of the ultimate stretch 4. He took more than 75% of his shots from 3pt land last year. When your best player is a big post player, and you intend to play him in the post, that's a valuable guy, especially since unlike many stretch 4s he can hold his own at the other end of the floor.

K

KingMilz

And Tolliver isn't a "bit of" a stretch 4. he's kind of the ultimate stretch 4. He took more than 75% of his shots from 3pt land last year. When your best player is a big post player, and you intend to play him in the post, that's a valuable guy, especially since unlike many stretch 4s he can hold his own at the other end of the floor.
You mean the massive upgrade over Quincy Acy and quality signing due to his impact according to that Cantell or whatever his name is that works with Vlade and came over from Detroit and brought Tolliver with him? Props to the management for passing on paying Dion Waiters 3 million and instead investing in Tolliver/Barnes because developing a consistent losing culture is super important.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the massive upgrade over Quincy Acy and quality signing due to his impact according to that Cantell or whatever his name is that works with Vlade and came over from Detroit and brought Tolliver with him? Props to the management for passing on paying Dion Waiters 3 million and instead investing in Tolliver/Barnes because developing a consistent losing culture is super important.
Quincy could have been had for the minimum and isnt a turnstile on defense.

Cantella came from detroit and made our roster worse than last year maybe even worse than the year before. Talent/Potential wise compared to the rest of the league we are in the bottom 3 if not last.

Really the only way to notice how bad we are at talent evaluation and how we miss opportunities to snag under the radar quality guys is to watch the rest of the league.

Guess who dominated crunch time and got a road win in portland last night? None other than Seth Curry and Yogi Ferrell. Two very attainable guys to go along with many other examples.

Its fine that we cant get the Chris Pauls, Goran Dragics etc in free agency but that means our FO just has to really be on its toes and digging all the time. If the talent you accuire is not working dont hesitiate to move in another direction especially if you are in 8th seed mode.

I dont think theres any big time Karl fanboys around here, Joergers definately an upgrade(defensively at least) just that overtime we may be realizing that the issues he brought up with this team and certain players might not have been so farfetched and we sort of blindly went too far in trashing him.

This team needs a Hinkie type badly, hes stonecold seems like he would trade his momma if it netted him a future first.

We are asset starved and we need a real true GM with connections to try to gather some assets and form a clear direction. Oh and fleecing a GM who thinks his team is Koufus/Beli/Rondo away from contending would be a great first move too.:(

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bottom line, if we had booker on our team, fans would be ranting and raving about the kids future, not throwing shade on him.
We were excited for Malachi Richardson when he made 3 shots. I can't even imagine what would happen if we had a player who could legit score 20 points a game each and every night.

... oh yeah, call him a ball hog, undersized this and that, and tell him to check his ego and be the best darn 6th man he could be. (I'll eat my hearty serving of crow on that one, because I was right there with that bandwagon) :(

This team is depressing.

K

KingsFan80

People hating on Booker on this site lol! If you don't see the potential in Booker you must work in the Kings front office.
I know right. I always find it funny, any player mentioned on this site, from another team, always has flaws LOL. "We don't want him" "He sucks" "He has a negative blah blah blah" "We would never draft him, why would we want him" -- When the players we drafted aren't even playing lol

I would take any of them over the garbage we have on our team, rookies included. You all must love losing

I can't believe after all the close games we are 1 loss from being tied for 4th worst team in the league... 4th worst! jeez... a loss tonight I think would officially kill any remaining hope to this year that I have left... equally as hard to comprehend...I can't believe we didn't trade Gay for anything

If we lose tonight ....

its fire sale time. Collision is a FA... TRADE... Casspi hates the coach FA... TRADE... Barnes FA knucklehead...TRADE... Affalo FA...TRADE...Ben restricted FA... TRADE.... 2nd round picks, cash considerations... pennies on the dollar I don't care just blow it to hell.

keep WCS, extend Lawson (now if possible), start playing the kids.

best case scenario is Malachi drops 40... never looks back... becomes a rising unexpected star..... and Joerger can't bench him or play someone like Ben over him EVER again.

hahaha we can all dream right?
Malachi didn't drop 40, he dropped to fifth string. Keep on dreaming.

This place is extra insufferable today.

Oh no! People are saying Booker won't be a superstar! God forbid, the way they talk about this player that's not even on our team is so offensive! How dare people say he can be a Top 30 player and isn't a future superstar (of which there are only about three of amongst young players) Why do you people care?

Quincy Acy is a nobody. Why people care that he's not here anymore is beyond me.

And Dion Waiters. Vlade would've been hammered for making that signing and you know it too. During this summer, he had a reputation as a selfish, cancerous scrub who we may or may not have had connections to. Oh, so NOW Vlade should've signed him because clearly not doing so is contributing to the losing culture! Give me a break.

K

KingMilz

Oh no! People are saying Booker won't be a superstar! God forbid, the way they talk about this player that's not even on our team is so offensive! How dare people say he can be a Top 30 player and isn't a future superstar (of which there are only about three of amongst young players) Why do you people care?

Quincy Acy is a nobody. Why people care that he's not here anymore is beyond me.

And Dion Waiters. Vlade would've been hammered for making that signing and you know it too. During this summer, he had a reputation as a selfish, cancerous scrub who we may or may not have had connections to. Oh, so NOW Vlade should've signed him because clearly not doing so is contributing to the losing culture! Give me a break.
Nope not if he only signed him for 3million per year I even said at the time in the thread (Bullet dodged) despite my hate for Dion it was a good signing for the Heat due to the price and he's currently got them on a 9 win streak something not even per 36 GOAT and 9-6 Goat could managed to pull off together. The Dion signing would have be a lot like the Lawson one minimal risk high reward.

Signing Waiters/Curry/Acy together would have cost less than Tolliver by himself and given you money to make a run at a decent player.

In a way all this occurring is not a bad thing it shows how inept Vlade and Vivek are and I hope the team keeps going for the 8th spot further show how unrealistic and foolish everyone in the FO actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Believe it or not, this isn't the worst it's been around here. Frustration speaks in many different ways. If you go far enough back in the older threads (nothing before 2004 because of an unfortunate server crash), you'll see all kind of angst. It's all good.

Last edited:
K

KingsFan80

Nope not if he only signed him for 3million per year I even said at the time in the thread (Bullet dodged) despite my hate for Dion it was a good signing for the Heat due to the price and he's currently got them on a 9 win streak something not even per 36 GOAT and 9-6 Goat could managed to pull off together. The Dion signing would have be a lot like the Lawson one minimal risk high reward.

Signing Waiters/Curry/Acy together would have cost less than Tolliver by himself and given you money to make a run at a decent player.

In a way all this occurring is not a bad thing it shows how inept Vlade and Vivek are and I hope the team keeps going for the 8th spot further show how unrealistic and foolish everyone in the FO actually is.
What about Matt Barnes too. Affalo, Barnes and Tolliver along with last year's draft..toilet flush. People wonder why we are 19-31 and cannot get over the hump. Signed a bunch of scrubs. We are due something good to happen hopefully

Kings fans are distressed because the goal of this franchise seems to be murky. People are applauding because the team plays hard and grits their way to competitive games every now, but in the long run what's the goal. I imagine a majority of these guys won't be a Kings uniform beyond next season so will the culture change have to begin anew? I'm not sure why veterans need a culture change. The youngsters certainly aren't experiencing much of the culture change considering they are playing in the D-League, so who's benefiting from all these moral victories? If the Kings were sniffing .500 or had the same record as the Nuggets, I would have more optimism, but they don't because they stink.

Yes, I know the schedule appears to ease up this month, but the Kings are a team that plays to the level of their competition, so no victory is a given or more likely than it usually would be. When you consistently lose to bottom barrel teams, odds re you probably are a bottom barrel team. That's the stark reality.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

The very same. And most of that description still holds. The problem becomes when you have to play him 30min a night. Tolliver is and has always been a spot player. We're simply asking him to do more than he is capable of doing. Make him 12-15 min of shooting/spacing off the bench behind a solid starting PF and hey, we can talk. Make him 8-10 minutes in spot conditions or 3pt shooting situations, but not even a nightly rotation guy, and he's golden. Make him the guy you rely on because you have nobody else? Its like making Steve Novak a starter.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
meanwhile, Booker has another nice scoring night for the Suns with 29 and counting and they are getting drubbed at home versus Milwaukee

I hope you were watching when Booker dropped 27 pts in just the 2nd quarter against Milwaukee today.

That's right. Read it again, Booker had 27 pts in just the 2nd quarter alone.

But yeah he has "no chance" at being a superstar.

I hope you were watching when Booker dropped 27 pts in just the 2nd quarter against Milwaukee today.

Empty stats doe.

4 points the rest of the game...gave up 137 to a sub-.500 Bucks team...lost by 25.

K

KingsFan80

Kings fans are distressed because the goal of this franchise seems to be murky. People are applauding because the team plays hard and grits their way to competitive games every now, but in the long run what's the goal. I imagine a majority of these guys won't be a Kings uniform beyond next season so will the culture change have to begin anew? I'm not sure why veterans need a culture change. The youngsters certainly aren't experiencing much of the culture change considering they are playing in the D-League, so who's benefiting from all these moral victories? If the Kings were sniffing .500 or had the same record as the Nuggets, I would have more optimism, but they don't because they stink.

Yes, I know the schedule appears to ease up this month, but the Kings are a team that plays to the level of their competition, so no victory is a given or more likely than it usually would be. When you consistently lose to bottom barrel teams, odds re you probably are a bottom barrel team. That's the stark reality.
The most frustrating thing is nothing we do makes sense. We have a great coach and a great star player, but the rest is very murky.

IF we are rebuilding, fantastic-- trade Collison, Gay etc back in November and just get something for them. Make the move in last year's draft to trade back and take the guys we took. Focus on the future.

IF we are trying to win now, then why trade back in the draft? Why not trade the pick to get a guy like Jeff Teague? He went at 11 to the Pacers, we could have easily had him? Doing what we did does nothing for winning now? Getting the rights to a guy overseas who we have no clue when he is going to play? But we are winning now? By sending our draft picks to Reno?

It all points to 1) people not knowing what they are doing and 2) different opinions on direction of the franchise

Klay had 37 in a quarter once. Klay also is not a superstar.

I already know he can score. I also think he has a good future and will be an elite scorer. But i would be more impressed if he demonstarted something in that game he wasnt capable of before. Why are you so hung up on the superstar label anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.