[Game] Kings v. Suns - 2/3/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That... is unacceptable. I can only hope it was said with as much sincerity as when Cousins says how great the refs are.

There isn't one thing to be proud of after that.
Coach sees the team for what it truly is. A team of scrappers and players that other teams didn't really want so they collected checks and came here instead. He isn't going to put his guys down, especially not in the media. It's not his MO. If you want to talk unacceptable, let's talk about the lack of assets on this team to help build even a .500 team around Boogie, matter fact another lottery team. The youth movement can't start soon enough, I'll keep saying it til I'm blue in the face, it won't happen anyway but it's my wish for the remainder of the season. Too bad wishes don't come true.

Bookers only 20-21, he can definately be a superstar, it takes a special player to get and make that shot at such a young age.
Some on this board seem so quick to shoot down/give shade to any non-King to support their belief that we are the better team with a better future. Booker will be the same age that Cousins is now in 2023. Devin Booker is garbage for a 20 year old. Khawai Leonard, Anthony Davis and Marc Gasol aren't superstars and their teams play better without them. Isaiah Thomas is a midget chucker team cancer that was destroying this ball club from within and absolutely needed to go in order for us to thrive. All things I learned on Kingsfans.com

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Joerger smiles too much, during the game, during time-outs, during post game banter. Sure aint no Gregg
Popovich. Pop would be steamed half the time coaching this loser Kings crew. And of course he'd ride them, coach the hell out of them.
Not everyone can be a stone faced mastermind like Popovich. Joerger does plenty of coaching. I see it all the time. I understand people want to see more fire from him, I do too...however, the reasoning behind it may be the amount of veterans on this team and assuming that they know what they are supposed to be doing out there. Otherwise, he will take them out.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Mavs start our throwaway (Curry) and a guy on ten day contracts(Ferrell) and yet here they are and they have overtaken us in the standings. Difference in culture of two franchises. They seemed content to tank and bottom out and we came in willing to do anything to make the playoffs. lol.
the Mavericks are making a huge mistake with winning these games but I'm not complaining. They can gladly overtake us in the standings, I'll welcome that with open arms.

Superstar? He needs to be something beyond a streaky, inefficient volume shooter to ever get that moniker.
He's 20yearsold trying to carry an entire franchise on his back. The guy has scored 15 20pt games in a row...in his 2nd year. 2nd best of all time. You know the only player who has more? Lebron. I'm not saying he's going to be Lebron, or even the next best player..but he's truly special.

ha.

he's Kevin Martin Part Deux
He plays nothing like Martin....... dude. Booker is doing all of this at the age of 20. You know what Martin was doing? Playing college. It wasn't till Martin was 23 where he truly broke out. Booker is going to end up better than him.

Not everyone can be a stone faced mastermind like Popovich. Joerger does plenty of coaching. I see it all the time. I understand people want to see more fire from him, I do too...however, the reasoning behind it may be the amount of veterans on this team and assuming that they know what they are supposed to be doing out there. Otherwise, he will take them out.
I know and thanks for partially agreeing. I'm just terribly frustrated Kings fan for a decade, no make that two decades, three...

This team is bad. Joeger knows that. He has the right to be proud of their effort.

Ben McLemore was playing significant minutes against the other teams best player.

Matt Barnes was the playing the role of stopper.

Anthony Tolliver is playing 25 min a night.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bookers only 20-21, he can definately be a superstar, it takes a special player to get and make that shot at such a young age.
No, he really cannot.

People have a hard time judging potential for some reason and throw around that superstar label to any kid who can walk and chew gum.. I don't get it. I really don't. And it doesn't mean that Booker can't one day be a damn fine shooter and a very good scorer. He's very on and off with that right now, but maybe. But he has absolutely 0% chance of being a "superstar" unless superstar now means Top 30 in the league maybe? He's a scorer. Best part of his scoring is that he's feisty. to that degree the Kevin comparison is unfair. Then again, Kevin was far far more efficient (and older, so might not have been at the same age). In any case, that's Booker. He's not efficient. He's not a defender. he's not a great passer or creater or rebounder or anything else. He scores. He's not a killer athlete. He's not a Durant sized freakishly big guy. Wish we had him rather than the trash we've had at SG ever since the new regime took over, but he's pure 2nd banana, if that. Even guys like Ray Allen and Klay Thompson had to be 3rd bananas to win a title.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know and thanks for partially agreeing. I'm just terribly frustrated Kings fan for a decade, no make that two decades, three...
You've had to endure this longer than I have so big kudos to you. You have every right to voice your frustration. It is a message board after all, if we don't voice our displeasure among each other we might take it out on people that don't deserve it instead!

K

KingMilz

Some on this board seem so quick to shoot down/give shade to any non-King to support their belief that we are the better team with a better future. Booker will be the same age that Cousins is now in 2023. Devin Booker is garbage for a 20 year old. Khawai Leonard, Anthony Davis and Marc Gasol aren't superstars and their teams play better without them. Isaiah Thomas is a midget chucker team cancer that was destroying this ball club from within and absolutely needed to go in order for us to thrive. All things I learned on Kingsfans.com
All those guy are only successful cause of the "system" and all would be better suited to a bench role with the Kings so they would have minimal impact on Cousins per 36 numbers because he's a Alpha and they are all betas is another thing to learn.

You've had to endure this longer than I have so big kudos to you. You have every right to voice your frustration. It is a message board after all, if we don't voice our displeasure among each other we might take it out on people that don't deserve it instead!
My dog "Mac" (ironic name?) thanks you tonight and my late cat "Tux" endured it forever it seemed...

Is that really what's happening? I've always seen more people shooting down current kings and propping up young players from other franchises to make themselves feel better about the next rebuild that they feel is necessary.

And no, I'm not talking about the Devin Bookers (though superstar is certainly too much for me.) I'm talking about the times that the TJ Warrens and Alex Lens get sensationalized.

Is that really what's happening? I've always seen more people shooting down current kings and propping up young players from other franchises to make themselves feel better about the next rebuild that they feel is necessary.

And no, I'm not talking about the Devin Bookers (though superstar is certainly too much for me.) I'm talking about the times that the TJ Warrens and Alex Lens get sensationalized.
Honestly, mediocre 23 year olds are more promising than mediocre 30 year olds.
I even prefer their old guys (Chandler/Dudley) to Barnes' "leadership"

In terms of what we are closer to, a good pick or the playoffs, I don't mind losing, it's just you wonder how much Cousins could take.... that extension agreement... really wish it were signed now

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He's 20yearsold trying to carry an entire franchise on his back. The guy has scored 15 20pt games in a row...in his 2nd year. 2nd best of all time. You know the only player who has more? Lebron. I'm not saying he's going to be Lebron, or even the next best player..but he's truly special.

He plays nothing like Martin....... dude. Booker is doing all of this at the age of 20. You know what Martin was doing? Playing college. It wasn't till Martin was 23 where he truly broke out. Booker is going to end up better than him.
The thing is you think Booker is "doing all this" by the age of 20. I think he's a classic best player on a bad team chucking up shots inefficiently and doing very little else. His scoring sprees all carry the "wouldn't be doing them for virtually any other team" label.

And the larger thing is: young or not, when you see a young player you see the shape of their game. Superstars are not shaped like Devin Booker. Possibly a potent scorer though. Depends whether he gets consistently accurate or not. But superstars are more than just scorers. They have to carry you in all kinds of categories and make the game easier for everybody else, and Booker will never be that guy.

K

KingMilz

The thing is you think Booker is "doing all this" by the age of 20. I think he's a classic best player on a bad team chucking up shots inefficiently and doing very little else. His scoring sprees all carry the "wouldn't be doing them for virtually any other team" label.

And the larger thing is: young or not, when you see a young player you see the shape of their game. Superstars are not shaped like Devin Booker. Possibly a potent scorer though. Depends whether he gets consistently accurate or not. But superstars are more than just scorers. They have to carry you in all kinds of categories and make the game easier for everybody else, and Booker will never be that guy.
So basically Cousins career?

G

glassman

Agreed. Joerger smiles too much, during the game, during time-outs, during post game banter. Sure aint no Gregg
Popovich. Pop would be steamed half the time coaching this loser Kings crew. And of course he'd ride them, coach the hell out of them.
It's like how people that didn't study look when the teacher hits them with the fat F!!! And the whole class can see what a fail they are... just smile like the idiot u were for being so ill prepared.

K

KingMilz

It's like how people that didn't study look when the teacher hits them with the fat F!!! And the whole class can see what a fail they are... just smile like the idiot u were for being so ill prepared.
To be fair when your getting propaganda from a clueless GM there is little point studying, George Karl saw through all the BS that was going on and wanted change but sadly a idiot Owner/GM wanted to stay on the path they were on and here we are.

There's only one man that can fix this mess his name is Sam Hinkie there will be short term pain but we might finally get long term prosperity.

Last edited by a moderator:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
No, he really cannot.

People have a hard time judging potential for some reason and throw around that superstar label to any kid who can walk and chew gum.. I don't get it. I really don't. And it doesn't mean that Booker can't one day be a damn fine shooter and a very good scorer. He's very on and off with that right now, but maybe. But he has absolutely 0% chance of being a "superstar" unless superstar now means Top 30 in the league maybe? He's a scorer. Best part of his scoring is that he's feisty. to that degree the Kevin comparison is unfair. Then again, Kevin was far far more efficient (and older, so might not have been at the same age). In any case, that's Booker. He's not efficient. He's not a defender. he's not a great passer or creater or rebounder or anything else. He scores. He's not a killer athlete. He's not a Durant sized freakishly big guy. Wish we had him rather than the trash we've had at SG ever since the new regime took over, but he's pure 2nd banana, if that. Even guys like Ray Allen and Klay Thompson had to be 3rd bananas to win a title.
Is James Harden a superstar? All the things you're saying about Booker were said about Harden when he was 20 years old. OKC picked Ibaka over Harden to be their third banana and nobody really questioned it at the time. I don't know why you're bending over backward to downplay Booker's ability but it doesn't really matter. He's going to be who he is regardless of what we say about him. I'm not sure Phoenix would even trade Booker for Cousins once you factor in age, contract length, and reputation.

You're right though that people have a hard time judging potential. Just look at the post-draft reaction threads from the last ten years. There are some hilariously inaccurate comments to be found all over them and that includes those related to Booker, though not for the reason you suggested. We have no players in the rookie/sophomore game this year because none of our players deserved to be there. That's a problem. And whether Booker is or isn't destined for greatness he is right now yet another productive young player that we could have drafted and did not.

Superstar? He needs to be something beyond a streaky, inefficient volume shooter to ever get that moniker.
He's a 20 year old who is playing on arguably the least talented team in the NBA. Nobody besides Bledsoe and him should even be in the rotation for any decent team.

Only Chriss, Warren, Bender and Ulis develop, then his efficiency will improve because defenses wont be able to just key in on him and Bledsoe. Booker is also along LEAGUE LEADERS in most unassisted buckets. Why? Because there's nothing called ball movement for the Suns offense in Watson's brilliant system.

No, he really cannot.

Definately not just another shooter\scorer, he has tremendous moves and can create great looks for himself already(ask barnes).

Feisty scorer? not a great defender? not a freakishly big athlete? Sounds like your describing the reigning two time MVP and champion and undeniable superstar Steph Curry. Who I'm sure many had him pegged the same way when he was 20, who saw him to be what he is today and has been for the past three years or so when he was 20? Who had freakin IT (who can also be described that way) as an MVP canidate carrying his team at 20?

Hes not a superstar now but every problem you mentioned with him is fixable with coaching and work, but the positive traits that he does have are NOT teachable.

Not saying he can or ever will be Steph Curry but he is extremely young and raw yet putting up 30+ on teams and being trusted to take on the last second opportunities. There is definitely superstar potential there in todays game.

Its a new NBA now and this kid carries every trait that a potential superstar in todays nba would need.

This is probably one of the worst posts I've ever read on any forum. How exactly are superstars "shaped"? Do they have square faces instead of oval faces? Please tell me.

Sure Booker isn't some athletic freak or some 6'9 guard. You know what though? Steph Curry was also called "just a scorer" who can't do anything else and look how he turned out. I wonder if you though he was "shaped like a superstar" when was 20 years old.

Also, was Steve Nash "shaped like a superstar" when he was 20 years old?

I have no idea if Booker will be a superstar, it's incredibly difficult to be one but to rule him out because of him having to CARRY THE TEAM ON HIS BACK for one of the WORST rosters in basketball is just amazing. Give Booker a player like Cousins and the Suns are probably competing for top 4 seed in the West.

He might never be a superstar but to rule him out when he's already accomplished so much (I could give you a 7 page essay on all the records he's broken for a player his age) at the age of just 20 is just mind boggling.

I'm glad that there are other posters here who can recognize Booker's potential and game. That's part of why I like this forum because it has many quality and unbiased posters even if there are few knuckle heads as well.

Complimenting Booker or praising Booker doesn't mean that it's diminishing the Kings by any means. Some people here seem to think it is though for some reason. One of my favorite players in the league is Jamal Murray of the Nuggets and I praise him non stop on our forums and I never feel bad about it because it's not like I'm insulting the Suns for passing on him and getting Bender/Chriss instead.

Last edited:
So when the Sonics and Thunder were GARBAGE with Durant chucking away, I hope you were saying the same thing about him that you are now about Booker. Or the hundreds of other rookies who were inefficient at the age of 20 when asked to be the franchise player and basically only offense of the team.

No, he really cannot.

Lmao. So Steph Curry never has a chance at being a superstar either right? Because you know he couldn't defend, pass or rebound when he was 20 years old either right?

And you couldn't be more wrong about Booker's passing. When Bledsoe was out last year, he was basically playmaking for the Suns. That might not show up in the stat sheet because he had a bunch of hockey assists and made the right reads. His basketball IQ for a player 20 years old is amazing. Even now, he more often than not makes the right pass when he sees someone open. Unfortunately for him, most players on the Suns are either garbage or too young to know how to finish.

I can tell you've never seen Booker play besides looking at his stat sheets and that's okay, I wouldn't expect you to since Booker has nothing to do with the Kings. That said, you should educate yourself before you talk nonsense.

And the Kevin Martin comparison is a joke. Brandon Knight is probably close to or better than Kevin freaking Martin.

Also, you must be very young (16 or 17 years old) if you think Ray Allen wasn't a superstar. I don't mean that as an insult but you clearly never saw him play before he came to Boston. And if being second or third fiddle to win a ring means you aren't a superstar then I guess Dwayne Wade, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant (if they win it) are not superstars right?

Thank you.

Is James Harden a superstar? All the things you're saying about Booker were said about Harden when he was 20 years old. OKC picked Ibaka over Harden to be their third banana and nobody really questioned it at the time. I don't know why you're bending over backward to downplay Booker's ability but it doesn't really matter. He's going to be who he is regardless of what we say about him. I'm not sure Phoenix would even trade Booker for Cousins once you factor in age, contract length, and reputation.

You're right though that people have a hard time judging potential. Just look at the post-draft reaction threads from the last ten years. There are some hilariously inaccurate comments to be found all over them and that includes those related to Booker, though not for the reason you suggested. We have no players in the rookie/sophomore game this year because none of our players deserved to be there. That's a problem. And whether Booker is or isn't destined for greatness he is right now yet another productive young player that we could have drafted and did not.
Thank you.

Na, Booker can handle the ball and has good court vision. Martin was strictly an off ball player(a really good one). If anything once Booker becomes a lights out shooter from outside instead of a streaky one like he is now, a whole lot of stuff will open up for him. I see a little Brandon Roy in him.
Thank you.

And yea, like i said earlier I think Brandon Knight who is still only like 24 years old can maybe develop into a Kevin Martin type player.

Roy is my favorite comparison for Booker as well. Both had good size for SG and could shoot and put the ball on the court. Both had great basketball IQ too.

Status
Not open for further replies.