[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Wednesday, Oct. 18 - 7 PT

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's how the Rockets play. They camp behind the 3pt line and chuck away with not a whole lot defensive intensity.
I know how they play. I wasn't referencing to them chucking away. I was simply pointing out the fact that when they decided to start playing and stop messing around, they got a basket almost every time.

I know how they play. I wasn't referencing to them chucking away. I was simply pointing out the fact that when they decided to start playing and stop messing around, they got a basket almost every time.
I feel like that's just crediting a run as 'stopped messing around' and discrediting our defense a bit too much for the bulk of the game. Unless something has changed, I don't think I've ever seen the Rockets come out of the gate attacking and scoring at will. They almost always start outside-in. Last night was no different, they were breaking us down and getting Capela lobs from the tip off and shooting 3s like crazy. Eventually they got a bit more to go and extended a decent lead on us. I just can't buy a team is lolligagging GAME 2 into the season..

I feel like that's just crediting a run as 'stopped messing around' and discrediting our defense a bit too much for the bulk of the game. Unless something has changed, I don't think I've ever seen the Rockets come out of the gate attacking and scoring at will. They almost always start outside-in. Last night was no different, they were breaking us down and getting Capela lobs from the tip off and shooting 3s like crazy. Eventually they got a bit more to go and extended a decent lead on us. I just can't buy a team is lolligagging GAME 2 into the season..
I also thought the Kings played good defense. When Willie switched out to help stop Harden I"m sure another player was supposed to step in to stop Capela. But the Rockets have been running that same play for a couple of years now with the same players. They are pretty good at it.

Both teams played hard and the Rockets came out on top because they are better at this time. It would have been closer if the Ref had not called the foul on Hill. But as of now it is what it is. On to Dallas!

Me neither. I did see a tired Rockets team though. Thats the NBA though. Tired or not, one of the best teams in the league almost got beat by a rag tag group of kids, talented kids.

I get what you're saying. But, we have been having this conversation for 11 years now, going on 12. "Almost Beat" At some point good teams, even mediocre teams have to win these types of games.