[Game] Kings v. Rockets - 4/9/17 - 3PT/6ET

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Apr 8, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

upload_2017-4-8_14-24-42.png

Clutch the Bear is the current mascot for the Houston Rockets. The original mascot was a rocket named Booster. From 1993 to 1995, the Rockets had "Turbo." In 1995, they debuted a second mascot - Clutch - who was a co-mascot until 2003 when Turbo retired. - from Wikipedia

Houston comes into G1C for our 80th game of the season. It's pretty certain the Kings will once again be playing with a very short roster. No idea what the Rockets will do, however. They're firmly entrenched in 3rd place in the West and don't need to win and can absorb a loss. They play the Clippers on Monday, however, so they may be "resting" players before that matchup. :p

If I had to guess on our available players, I'd go with:

WCS
    Skal
    Papa G
    Buddy
    Galloway
    Ben
    Evans
    Temple

I want to see a good game. And I don't want to see James Harden...or Nene...or Ryan Anderson.

#GoKings
    Suicide King likes this.
  2. hrdboild

hrdboild Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, I'd like to see an alternate Rockets jersey with a giant beard on the bottom of the 'o' in either Rockets or Houston.
    Suicide King likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Final Countdown: 3 games to go.

(Don't forget it's an early game!)

We never managed to beat the Rockets this season. Never even got to have a close game with them...

Think you know how it ends?

A fan has got to do
    what a fan ha
    s got to do...
    I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
    Predictions are ON for game #80:
    At G1C vs the Rockets, Sunday 4/9, 3pm
    Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (In 3.5 hours).
    Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

List of all predictors in order of appearance:
    And to you, prediction rookies... :D
    It's never too late to start...
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  4. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

The starting lineup is too talented. Just resting Collison isn't enough. Why is Temple playing ahead of Afflalo? Etc
  5. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

Rockets are just a boring club. It used to be that high scoring and three point heavy teams were automatically entertaining but even when they are totally on, it's boring.

It seems i innovated this style of play in the late 90's when i was playing NBA Live on Playstation 1. Use the player with the highest rating for everything(usually a created player) so he can have a triple double and just jack up threes with the rest of the scrubs.
  6. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

watching the Rockets drop 40 in a quarter is making me yawn
  7. kingsboi

Considering they do nothing but chuck up three's...yeah, it's boring. That's the Mike D'Antoni way, under 7 seconds or less!
    HndsmCelt likes this.
  8. k_dubb90

k_dubb90 Well-Known Member

ben looking lost on a hustle play what's new?
  9. HndsmCelt

HndsmCelt Well-Known Member

This is the kind of garbage basketball I would love to see the Kings get good playing against.
  10. kingsboi

watching these players jump into a defenders arms when not even in the motion of shooting is despicable to the game of basketball, atrocious officiating and the fact that they give the offensive players free throws for that is silly. :confused:
  11. k_dubb90

Loving those papaG screens
  12. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

Seems Phoenix had something more to them.

Maybe they just had more grace, flare, and overall personality.

There is something ugly about Houston. Maybe it's Hardens whistle baiting style that seems suited for a grinding half court style of play and the rest of the guys are strictly defined by their ability to hit open threes and nothing else. No above the rim and pick n roll beast like Amare, no two way stud like Marion, no enforcer like Bell, no second playmaker like Diaw...

I suppose D'antonis PHX teams were just considerably more dynamic and better.
  13. k_dubb90

Steve Nash with his finesse style, Prime Amare going beast mode, The Brazilian blur barbosa, Prime Matrix, and raja bell. How can you not enjoy that squad?
  14. HndsmCelt

Papa G. Got him some skills
  15. Kingsfan23

Bens a mess out here
    k_dubb90 likes this.
  16. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

They were biting golden era King's style!

But yeah, I always rooted for them in the post season. Fun team to watch for sure.
  17. Folsomkingsfan

Folsomkingsfan Active Member

Shocking
  18. Joshoua

Joshoua Well-Known Member

Even if you're are rockets fan how can you watch that garbage Lou/Harden put up
    HndsmCelt likes this.
  19. HndsmCelt

I think every game at least one time in the game I say I love Garrett Temple.
  20. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

what a horse poopoo call.

Let's just run into people and half ass throw it at the rim

M-V-P
    parker likes this.
  21. est.1999

est.1999 Well-Known Member

Here comes the pointless comeback followed by a tank job by Dallas.
  22. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

Buddy Brick is more like it
  23. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

No wonder Ryan didn't want to come to the Kings. He would lose those 4 games per year that he is sure to play out of his head
  24. est.1999

est.1999 Well-Known Member

If Phoenix is gonna play like this I hope it's the same against us.
  25. Kingsfan23

Rudy Gay with the unlikable interview

Health will determine whether he opts out. The only thing that binds him here, if he's good the inference is he will be gone
    Kingsroots likes this.
  26. Kingsroots

Kingsroots Active Member

I do too but I wish he would hit the 3 more consistently. If he can improve that for next year that would help his game a lot.
  27. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

4:59pm Sunday April 9th, 2017

I became a Clint Capela fan
  28. Arkitect

Arkitect Well-Known Member

Surprised Harden is still out there. Playoffs start in a week and Houston is up by 18.
  29. The_Jamal

The_Jamal Well-Known Member

Guys like him, AD, KAT and WCS are the future "archetype" of the C position. We're just at a point in the NBA where your big man HAS to be able to at least show on the perimeter and have the ability to show and recover on a PnR ball-handler.
  30. Kingz19

Kingz19 New Member

I think Vlade has visions of the low post, high post dynamic(Webber and Vlade) with Papa G and Skal when they're all grown. Both show pretty good passing chops.
    Suicide King likes this.